Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Q&A 41 - September 1st, 2021
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2021 at 12:56 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday September 1st at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2021 at 1:29 PM
Saenz Family
Hello! I would like to find out if it would be possible for you to set up our Inventory and Storage to look like the Store with categories for us to find things faster that we are wanting to use. It takes a lot of time every time I am looking for specific items to use.

Thank you in advance in case I don't get to go to the Q&A session.
478 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2021 at 5:35 PM
Horsedancer1
I just got mana & power twice as rewards for quests, so of course, the second award was wasted as my storage for mana and power was already full.
I would love to be able to store them as we do big energy packs when we get these. This has happened many times and it would be so great to be able to pull them up when needed! Thanks!!
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2021 at 6:20 PM
Last Edited August 30th 2021 at 6:20 PM
Bobbi Brown
@Horsedancer1; yes, this happens often. Whenever I get "free refills" (as I call them), I play the power and mana until they are reduced. I try to keep my diggergy at max and use the newfound mana and power to dig for gems.
Later, I return to the Commons for the rest of my turn-ins. Sometimes, I get refills again and I make the choice not to resent losing out on more mana and power.
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2021 at 11:54 PM
Shamish
Hi, I earned the seven-day crops in-game, and I have a suggestion concerning them. I recommend rebalancing their yield to make them more useful. As it is, the net yield you get from them is quite a bit less than the yield you'd get from just doing the 20 hour crops daily during the same time period. It makes them a really bad investment unless you're planning on not playing for a long period of time anyway, in which case I'm not sure you'd care that much.

Thanks for a great game.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2021 at 7:06 AM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

1)When we want to give our pets a level up treat, Hank the Farm Hand shows which treats are available, but he doesn't say how many of each level treat we have in inventory, which is important in determining which ones we want to use.

2) I wanted to know how many level 40 pet treats I had, so I went into my little brown bag. I had to scroll through both general items and key items several times to find it because the level 40 treat isn't grouped with the other level up treats. A search option would really be handy.

3) Also in scrolling through my brown bag, I found a couple of things that I think are left over from old quests, such as x20 pet collars, and x20 huge Bug Grubs.

4) Lastly, is there a cap on the sugarless drinks? If not, could you add one? I would sure like to reach a point where I won't get anymore. (hint, hint)
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2021 at 8:27 AM
AquireWhite
Question about the Devs?

Do you ever go to players ranches to view decorations? Or just hang out in the game looking around?
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2021 at 10:11 AM
sjemb
Could you add the charity rune to the menu of runes created by the derringer in the SBA (Spring Thicket)? The recipe for the charity rune is not available until you get to the Flux. The first couple of times you get to make the perfect rune it probably isn't anything you would consider since you would still be needing a lot of gold in the game, but the rune would be useful long before you get to the Flux.
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2021 at 11:36 AM
Shadowsil
I'm sure you're aware of this but max level bushes show as costing 46 energy when they actually cost 47 (as they should). Not a big deal, but should be a very easy fix ;)
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2021 at 6:18 PM
WhackedCrafter
Is Jr. BW going to be the next event? If so, when? Also, is there a ETA on gen 14 eggs?
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2021 at 9:20 PM
Last Edited August 31st 2021 at 9:31 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Testing testing im not muted am i good.

Channels inner nick ;) well whacked a couple of weeks ago georgia finshed the pets and ive been busy polishing the code so the pets will be bug free cough cough.

So i can promise you it will be soon maybe even today guess well see what will happen now i must get back to my D&D campaign im designing whoops did i say that i meant the next update stay tuned.

Oh i decided to redesign the Jr. BW its now moody Teenagers. Their all teenagers now and more interested in their technology which unfortunately like hogwarts doesnt work here so now we gota reinvigorate there love of bushwhacking coming next year.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 7:59 AM
AquireWhite
Odd decorating question:
Is there a way to stack walls or other items to cover the ranch house for decoration? I would love to change the basic house into a Haunted Mansion.
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 10:52 AM
WhackedCrafter
@AquireWhite... I use the bricks, because they will stack. Some of the other walls, like the ice walls will stack, as will the hay bales. The new totem tiki torch will stack. I do a Haunt every year as part of my event contest.It has been trial and error. The horizontal nor the vertical walls stack, but you can place them in such a way that they will look stacked
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 11:59 AM
Russel Denton
hi fellow bushwhackians, i have a few idea's/questions

1- the icon for our trinket sets, when we click it it opens up horizontally to the left and is above our friends bar, now i don't know about others but i have accidentally clicked one of my friends, every now and again, and had that message pop up asking me if i would like to visit their ranch etc,k so i was thinking maybe when we do click the trinket set icon, instead of opening up horizontally, it opens up vertically like the rest of the icons do.

2- i like Horsedancer1's idea for the mana/power refills , it's a pain having your mana/power already full then handing in quests then getting a few and missing out on that mana/power, so it would be good to have some sort of bank like the energy packs

3- ok this idea has been mentioned by other players in the past....can we have the blocks/fences we have ACTUALLY keep in our pets if we make enclosures for them please.

happy to hear folks thoughts
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 12:38 PM
Bobbi Brown
@Russ,
I don't want the bandoliers to open vertically. I like to keep them open while I am playing and toggle between them often. Having them vertical will impede my playing. I am careful not to click on the wrong thing. If it happen occasionally, no big deal
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 1:38 PM
WhackedCrafter
I agree with Bobbi, leave the bandoliers horizontal.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:00 PM
Last Edited September 1st 2021 at 2:05 PM
WhackedCrafter
YEA!!!! Gen 14 Eggs are released. Good job Georgia. I just found my 1st one "Orca". They are cute, but wished had picture of all of them. YEA!! More inventory items can be placed on the Golf Course and other inventory items, ie... tables, chairs, etc. have been fixed to allow items to be placed on them. TY TY TY Nick... you have made an old grumpy lady happy, for a little while anyways (now have to redo my Coloring Page though. It was being how I was feeling),
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:04 PM
Saenz Family
Hi Nick! Will you be starting from the top of the list or with the most current questions?
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Saenz Family wrote:

Hello! I would like to find out if it would be possible for you to set up our Inventory and Storage to look like the Store with categories for us to find things faster that we are wanting to use. It takes a lot of time every time I am looking for specific items to use.

Thank you in advance in case I don't get to go to the Q&A session.

This is a great idea! It's been suggested before and is currently on our list to consider for the next quality of life update.