Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Q&A 41 - September 1st, 2021
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:29 PM
Last Edited September 1st 2021 at 2:29 PM
Flybaby
I would like to see more players engaged in decorating. Maybe tie a contest
in with an occasional major holiday event?
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:29 PM
Last Edited September 1st 2021 at 2:32 PM
BarbZak
Nick just go to see all players ranches as they are right now..and you guys judge , etc IMO ..I wont change mine for contests..I am done my ranch theme decorating..just saying

BUT for my lake island I would decorate for contest.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:30 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Ranch decorating contest? I hope it can wait until after I clear my island for my Mini-Jurassic Park concept, but I do love the idea!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:30 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nick wrote "Not often, but I have on the rare occasion. I've been wanting to do a weekly/monthly ranch decoration contest (like the garden and halloween contests) for a while now, so we could see more of your designs and get more players engaged in decorating.

Any thoughts on such a contest?"

Well, that sounds good, but since I have been doing my contests for 2 years now, I wouldn't participate because I know how to do them and it wouldn't be fair, but that sounds like a good idea (hum,wonder where you got the idea from?)
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Is Jr. BW going to be the next event? If so, when? Also, is there a ETA on gen 14 eggs?

The Junior Bush Whacker event should be going out next Friday, September 10th.

Generation 14 pets went live in today's update!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Testing testing im not muted am i good.

Channels inner nick ;) well whacked a couple of weeks ago georgia finshed the pets and ive been busy polishing the code so the pets will be bug free cough cough.

So i can promise you it will be soon maybe even today guess well see what will happen now i must get back to my D&D campaign im designing whoops did i say that i meant the next update stay tuned.

Oh i decided to redesign the Jr. BW its now moody Teenagers. Their all teenagers now and more interested in their technology which unfortunately like hogwarts doesnt work here so now we gota reinvigorate there love of bushwhacking coming next year.

Haha! Good livestream reference XD

I'm not the DM in my latest D&D campaign, so I don't need to prep for it!

Your moody teenagers idea is actually pretty fun! I'll note it down to consider...
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:35 PM
Flybaby
A problem I can see with holding a contest for ranch design, is you have to be a buddy to go to other players ranches. So maybe a contest wouldn't work so well.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

Odd decorating question:
Is there a way to stack walls or other items to cover the ranch house for decoration? I would love to change the basic house into a Haunted Mansion.

This is a very cool idea! I'll noted it down to consider letting you swap your ranch house for the haunted mansion.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:38 PM
Last Edited September 1st 2021 at 2:41 PM
BarbZak
Good point , indeed Fly...

BUT,,, if we could have more then 250 buddies, I can see it work

Moreover, I say it is the devs that judge ranches not players..
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:38 PM
WhackedCrafter
exactly, problem I have been addressing for 2 years.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:40 PM
Flybaby
Nick, just to add to AquireWhite's idea ... is it possible to add a surface to the outside of the house so we can hang things like the flags, and other outdoor decorations that can only be placed on a wall.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:41 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

hi fellow bushwhackians, i have a few idea's/questions

1- the icon for our trinket sets, when we click it it opens up horizontally to the left and is above our friends bar, now i don't know about others but i have accidentally clicked one of my friends, every now and again, and had that message pop up asking me if i would like to visit their ranch etc,k so i was thinking maybe when we do click the trinket set icon, instead of opening up horizontally, it opens up vertically like the rest of the icons do.

2- i like Horsedancer1's idea for the mana/power refills , it's a pain having your mana/power already full then handing in quests then getting a few and missing out on that mana/power, so it would be good to have some sort of bank like the energy packs

3- ok this idea has been mentioned by other players in the past....can we have the blocks/fences we have ACTUALLY keep in our pets if we make enclosures for them please.

happy to hear folks thoughts

1) Interesting proposition for changing the popup direction for trinket sets. We'll see what other players thing, and I'll take it into consideration.

2) Noted!

3) I have a theory on how to fix the pets "boosting" each other out of their enclosures! It's on my list for the next quality of life update.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:43 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

YEA!!!! Gen 14 Eggs are released. Good job Georgia. I just found my 1st one "Orca". They are cute, but wished had picture of all of them. YEA!! More inventory items can be placed on the Golf Course and other inventory items, ie... tables, chairs, etc. have been fixed to allow items to be placed on them. TY TY TY Nick... you have made an old grumpy lady happy, for a little while anyways (now have to redo my Coloring Page though. It was being how I was feeling),

You can see a picture of at least MOST of the pets in the news post/forum/blog:
https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=25668

You're welcome! Thank you for bringing those ranch items to my attention!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:44 PM
WhackedCrafter
flybaby I put walls on outside of my ranch for that purpose, works great
108 Posts
TheCatWhispurrer
Would make for a good excuse to come out with holiday lights for the ranch houses to purchase as further ranch skins or customization items during events, Flybaby.
3215 Posts
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Saenz Family wrote:

Hi Nick! Will you be starting from the top of the list or with the most current questions?

I try to answer q&a questions from the oldest (top) to newest (bottom).
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:45 PM
WhackedCrafter
Yea, Nick... saw them on the blog. I like to make an cheat sheet with the pictures and their names so I know which ones I have collected without going through pagas.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:46 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

I wished that when I remove an item from my Golf Course,that was placed from storage, that it returns to my storage and not into my inventory. Because I put things in my storage that can be placed on the Golf Course so I know I can use it on the Golf Course.

A "to storage" ranch tool button, in addition to the store button, might help with that! I'll note it down to consider.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:47 PM
Flybaby
Great idea about xmas lights for the ranch house TCW. We could have a different theme for each major holiday.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:48 PM
Last Edited September 1st 2021 at 2:49 PM
Flybaby
Whacked ... good suggestion, but I like the looks of my house and would just like to hang a couple of items on it once in a while.