Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Q&A 41 - September 1st, 2021
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:48 PM
WhackedCrafter
ty.. much appreciated on golf course to storage...
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:49 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

A problem I can see with holding a contest for ranch design, is you have to be a buddy to go to other players ranches. So maybe a contest wouldn't work so well.

I'd implement it so you wouldn't have to visit each ranch. Each player would submit a screenshot if they wanted to participate, and other players would review and vote on them, like for the Gorgeous Garden and Haunted Mansion contests. No visiting required!

Sounds like weekly would be too often. Perhaps monthly or quarterly...
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Nick, just to add to AquireWhite's idea ... is it possible to add a surface to the outside of the house so we can hang things like the flags, and other outdoor decorations that can only be placed on a wall.

This is a neat idea! I'll note it down to see what it would take to make placing on the house exterior possible.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:52 PM
WhackedCrafter
But problem with that Nick, is not seeing everyone's submissions and seeing ones not even done, like the problem with the garden contest.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:53 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Yea, Nick... saw them on the blog. I like to make an cheat sheet with the pictures and their names so I know which ones I have collected without going through pagas.

Ah, I see. I think Flybaby suggested it, but you can see them in the PAGAS Pet Progress, so why not take a screenshot of that. That way you could look at it outside of the game.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:55 PM
WhackedCrafter
because they aren't showing up in pagas, for one.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 2:57 PM
Flybaby
I'll have the Gen 14 pics on wiki in a couple of hours.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

But problem with that Nick, is not seeing everyone's submissions and seeing ones not even done, like the problem with the garden contest.

That's a fair critique, but we can try to account for the empty ones better. And typically there are simply too many submissions to expect a player to consider all of them fairly, which is why we use the ELO ranking system, which I'd probably use for this contest, should I add it.

I've gone over the ELO rating system before, but here it is for your convenience:
- 2/3 times, high rated submissions are presented. We do that because it's the quickest way for quality submissions to rise to the top. It's expected that you'll see top rated submissions more often
- The amount of points a submission gains is based off of the difference between it at the ones it's being compared to. This allows new submissions to climb to the top and catch up.
- If we pulled two completely random images all the time you'd never get any outliers because there's just too much noise.
- If you're not comparing lower rated submissions to higher rated ones it becomes very hard for new submissions to climb. So it would then then basically become about who submitted theirs the earliest. This is why we make sure to compare low rated submissions to high ones.
- Think of it like a sorting algorithm.
390 Posts
BarbZak
I still would love any type of carousel for 2019 items.
please !!!
466 Posts
WhackedCrafter
ok, only 10 of the gen 14 are now showing in pagas. but not all of them
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 3:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

because they aren't showing up in pagas, for one.

I just checked and I can see them in PAGAS! Can you check again on your end, and submit a support ticket if you still cannot see them?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The other 9 variations are under "Misc" instead of "Basic", WhackedCrafter!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Hope to see you in the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream this Friday! Ta ta for now!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 3:05 PM
Flybaby
Or you can see all the gen 14 them under the "See
ALL" tab
466 Posts
WhackedCrafter
But Nick it really doesn't work that way. many many times submissions with barely anything on them showed up more than those voted on more. i quit voting after i got the achievement because is was a waste of time
1819 Posts
Flybaby
Thanks Nick and Georgia.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 3:20 PM
forgingaheart
nick there is just one problem with your garden voting system, people like me. i start voting down popular submissions by voting FOR the ones with more character and to me way more interesting and artistic, instead of another boring pixels submission which always get votes.

so i say no to that idea of using that voting system. Also i think the idea of the WHOLE ranch is a bit daunting. so what about this, focus on a part of the ranch, like bedrooms one time, kitchens another, what about living rooms? and you can do outdoors themes
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2021 at 3:28 PM
Last Edited September 1st 2021 at 3:31 PM
BarbZak
@forg..that is a better idea, indeed...I like it !!
I do NOT like the voting system at all..

haha I still would LOVE a carousel for 2019 items !!( I see no reply today from Nick )from my latter comment haha