Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Q&A 35 - July 21th, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 19th 2021 at 4:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday July 21th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2021 at 2:00 AM
phagras
When your buddy list is full and you accept another request, does that request stack until a slot comes up or is it discarded?
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2021 at 9:20 AM
Kristi Alexander
Can we please make it so that items can be placed on the Luau tables?
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2021 at 10:09 AM
Bobbi Brown
The cactus quest cooldown/available is really glitched. It probably needs some sort of overhaul. I sent another ticket today as the quest is totally gone from all of my lists
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2021 at 2:54 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick, Just out of curiosity ...

When you reply to our tickets, and we close the ticket because it's resolved, will you still see our thank you note? I'm never sure whether I should close the ticket right away, or give you a little time to read it.
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2021 at 3:36 PM
mshellgirl1969
Hi Nick, I like Flybaby's question about if you see our "thank you" when a ticket is resolved. I have the same question. I also wanted to thank you for your response to my last two tickets. Seems I've been plagued with glitches but luckily they have all been resolved and wanted to thank you for resolving them and giving me goodies to make up for all the troubles. You rock!!!! You've made playing the game enjoyable again. Thanks again and hope married life is treating you well and you don't have a huge "Honey Do" list to complete lol. Wishing you a long and happy marriage. Michele a.k.a. mshellgirl1969.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2021 at 5:30 PM
Flybaby
Nick, I found this little tidbit about super blueberry seeds from February 6th, 2020 Release Notes (posted Feb 7, 2020). Could you explain what this means, especially since we are now able to research them?

"- Super Blueberries should stop dropping from Quester’s Satchels past level 300."

http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=blog&post_id=997#blog
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2021 at 6:34 PM
ajv1
Nick, I too have been having glitches with the cactus quest cooldown. I realize that right now it is messed up because we cannot get into the Flux until we make our way through Prismatic. The cactus issues came up early on and then seemed to resolve. The issues came up again after Prismatic area was added.

Of greater concern to me, since the new area was added, I am having difficulty with Friends. Often friends do not show in the little boxes, just have the gray boxes. It shows 0 friends but will not let me add more, saying I have all my friend slots filled. Sometimes they will pop up as I am playing; and sometimes not. Sometimes only one friend will show (Butterwerth).
Not sure if other players are having the same experience.
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 5:23 AM
VikingHelga
Hi NIck, first of all thank you for the latest update. It was fun. I enjoyed it tons. I just wanted to complain a bit about the new seed-drop-birdhouse. Unlike the other things that spit out prizes when you put them on the ranch and click them... this one makes the character walk all the way up to it. COuld you please disable that? Also, come on... one sad seed per day? Couldn't it at least rotate between 1, 2, 4...? Thanks.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 7:13 AM
Last Edited July 21st 2021 at 7:41 AM
Flybaby
Nick, right now we can only research one crop at a time at the plant splicer, which in some cases can take hours, or well over a day to complete. Could you allow us to stop or pause the research, or overide it with a different crop if we change our mind or make a mistake about which crop we want to research?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 8:46 AM
WhackedCrafter
@Flybaby... The Superberry restriction was lifted about a week after Nick had posted that, because besides myself, many complained about that restriction and Nick removed it.

@Bobbi Brown the Cacti glitch has been going on for quite awhile now. Flybaby and myself sent posted about it and sent in tickets for months now. I gave up on it and just wait until it shows up as available in the hub, because it does eventually shows up. Then when done with my daily quests whacking in the new area I will go to Dead Pool and whack there until no more energy to get my Cacti, since the new area you can't whack in for the Cacti.

@Flybaby I wondered the same thing if Nick sees our ty after resolved. And love your idea about the Slicer!

Ok, here's my question... I can understand why other things on our Ranches can't be played by other players, but why not the Strongman? I am so disappointed, as are other players, that went to my Island to see my Contests set-up and not able to interact with any of the items I spent days and hours setting up. I had no idea the items I placed on my Island couldn't be played with except by me. What's the purpose of having these?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 12:05 PM
Last Edited July 21st 2021 at 12:08 PM
Flybaby
Thanks WhackedCrafter.

BTW I visited your island. Great job on your Carnival theme. Just curious where your free standing Bouncy Castle comes from. I have a Bouncy Castle mini golf piece from jr bw event, but don't have the free standing one.

I agree with you that it would be nice to have a few interactive things on our ranches that our visitors could enjoy.

Regarding the cactus quest ... I don't use the TW watch anymore. I think that is part of the problem. I also don't pay attention to the cooldown anymore. As you said, it eventually shows up.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 12:15 PM
Russel Denton
howdy folks i have a few idea's/suggestions

- for this current event the Carnival , one of the achievements is to purchase 10 bonus prize packs , it is really a pain buying one at a time and going in and out of the dialog, i was wondering if we could have something like the fish baits where we select how many we want an then click BUY,

- SPOILER ALERT - one of the CI"s ( Customisable item ) from the new zone the elven hood, is great the ears match the skin colour of your avatar, but the hair does not, could that be changed by per chance or was that intentional

-How far away are we from having the ZOO or the ability to get rid of eggs we do not need, and are we due for a new next gen of pets too soon

happy to hear folks thoughts
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 2:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 2:11 PM
WhackedCrafter
@Flybaby.TY!! Are you going to give a guess?.. I quit using tw also. still is glitched. I can't remember where got the SA Bounce, but have had it a year or 2.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 2:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
phagras wrote:

When your buddy list is full and you accept another request, does that request stack until a slot comes up or is it discarded?

Sorry for the delay, I had to take a look through the code. From the looks of it, the request is ignored and discarded.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 2:13 PM
WhackedCrafter
@Russell... GREAT idea about buying the bonus packs, unfortunately, I have been done with that since Saturday, but can help others and future.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 2:15 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nick, was wondering the same thing about Buddy Requests, because I will have slots open, not accept any new ones, because have open for a certain player, and see that I am back at 250 and I hadn't accepted any new ones.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 2:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kristi Alexander wrote:

Can we please make it so that items can be placed on the Luau tables?

Certainly! It will have a surface in the next update.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2021 at 2:19 PM
Bobbi Brown
About the buddy list, it seems that the requests are stacked because after I remove people, even if I do not accept or send other requests, the buddy list refills within minutes.
About the cactus quest, I also gave up believing the TC, but if Cenote NPC also has no info, all is odd. The cooldown is never accurate and, like I said, sometimes is non-existent.