Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Halloween Event 2013!
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2013 at 9:59 AM
Ken Layden
A spooky mansion has appeared in the Commons just in time for Halloween! Find Pumpkins in the bushes. Use those Pumpkins to buy decorations. Decorate the mansion to earn Scariness. Scare the children to earn Candy. Spend the Candy to buy Halloween themed custom items for your player and your ranch. It's that easy! Since this event is based around decorating your mansion, we're also running a Haunted Mansion Decorating Contest! Learn more and submit your mansion by talking to the photographer in the event area. This spooktacular event will run until November 1st at noon PDT!

---
If you have any questions or comments about the Halloween event please post them here.
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2013 at 12:37 PM
Joe Gosselin
oh yeah, the scythe weapon
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2013 at 2:13 PM
Ben Strijker
Boo!

You guys fixes a bug, last year if you had nothing at all you could scare all the kids.
And this year *snif* I can't ... now I need to wait till I have enough scaryniss to scare them all.
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2013 at 5:41 PM
Last Edited October 18th 2013 at 5:46 PM
Joe Gosselin
There's new places to find more Trick or Treat dude/dudette, one per main area. The last one is in the Main Mine and one is well hidden on the area with the ice castle. No candy guy on Amiscu Island however. Good luck finding them. (Speed Trinkets are usefull to zip through the areas.)
Also Poot the white animal in the Commons near Misty and Hank seem to be scared by his new friends, he just escaped the fences.
47 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2013 at 6:52 PM
Amy Solo
We can Trick or Treat already? O_o
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 19th 2013 at 1:59 AM
Dave Stone
Just had a look on the BW 2 Wiki, And the last Trick or Treat is:

Guy with a Pumpkin Hat in the The Flux

Most wont have access to the Flux due to the new release, Or is this an error?
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 19th 2013 at 2:57 AM
Ben Strijker
To Trick-or-Treat you need to wait until it is Halloween (or after it) So you have an x amount of days to reach the flux.
(No idea what day Halloween is so somebody else will have to tell you how many days you should wait for it)
47 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 19th 2013 at 9:44 AM
Amy Solo
From today it's 12 days away.

Anyone know the House Scariness requirements for each kid? I remember the Angel Halo kid required max scary but I don't recall the others.
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 19th 2013 at 10:09 AM
Last Edited October 20th 2013 at 12:36 PM
Joe Gosselin
@Ben, Halloween is october 31
@Amy, if i look at past halloween discussions on the forum (thanks to Search option), for the angel you need 4000 points, you can scare the first 4 kids with 1830 points maybe less, 2400 is enough to scare 7 kids. Note that theses numbers are approximative.
Edit : i scared the 5 first kids with 1760 points
Lvl 330 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
70 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2013 at 8:19 PM
Judith Fournier
There seems to be a problem with the angel kid -- She keeps getting a new green exclamation mark as soon as she has gone through the house and declared it 'a joke'. I've sent her through 5-6 times in a row. I've scared all the others, including the sheriff (he went back in 3 times in a row before freaking out.) This is not the way it was last year.
Lvl 370 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2013 at 9:37 PM
Carlene Paquette
Is anyone else having trouble getting the 'bought all the stuff' title/reward? I think I've bought at least one of everything but that reward isn't registering for me and I'm not sure what I'm missing or how to proceed. I keep checking the witch and what she sells against what I have and can't find a hole.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2013 at 9:55 PM
Raymond
you neede 47 things, go check your achievements.
so far you can only have 40 things unless you spend real money.
the other things like the cat, witch, coffin and table come out one per day.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2013 at 9:56 PM
Raymond
judith, until you can actually scare her, or the others before her, the exclamation point will hover there until it resets to an earlier kid some 20 hours after doing that earlier kid.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2013 at 9:58 PM
Raymond
the reason the sheriff took you a few times, even a few times right in a row, is that someone sent you a witch or your scare factor on the disturbing table increased just enough so that your total scare factor was enough for the sheriff right at that time.
Lvl 330 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
70 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 20th 2013 at 11:07 PM
Judith Fournier
Carlene, there are 2 types of things to buy. The goods for the mansion are bought with pumpkins. You need 50 of those. I've passed that mark by stocking up on the cheap stuff (cobwebs, pumpkins, etc..). When you scare one of the kids, you get 2 candy packs. These you can use to buy halloween stuff from the knight in armour to put in your ranch or wear. Those you need to buy all of to get the 'bought everything' award.
Lvl 370 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2013 at 6:33 AM
Carlene Paquette
Thanks for the info everyone. I'll keep plugging away.
Lvl 437 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2013 at 12:05 PM
Adi Star
When you take a new update photo of your scene does it keep your voting ranking and also, do you ever seen your ones when you are ranking them? I have been doing it for about 5-10 mins and have seen repeats but mine hasn't come up. :)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2013 at 12:13 PM
Raymond
the photographer says that only your most recent submission counts so that suggests that it resets if you make a new submission.
it also states that you need more then 50% in the event to start, but its obvious that most I have seen had 0% in the game when they took the photo.
Lvl 293 "The Great One"
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2013 at 5:51 PM
JuJuBie
The achievement states that you must purchase all of the pumpkin-purchasable items to receive it. It says nothing about needing the other items for completion.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 21st 2013 at 8:24 PM
Raymond
don't click the H for the event, go to the actual achievements page and look at your actual progress to that end and you will see the 47 number thatr's been mentioned time and time again in the chat.