Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5
St. Patrick's Day Event!
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2013 at 2:28 AM
Marleen Larik
My event review is slightly different from most people here.

I loved it; it's been one of my favourites so far.

- It was fun to gradually "unlock" new leprechauns by finding them in the wild, rather than them just appearing on specific dates like the NPCs in previous events

- Doing the "collecting" tasks was nicely unintrusive, as everything could be picked up automatically using quick whacks/mana whacks, including leprechauns that dropped gold/beer/shamrocks, without interrupting my gameplay (with the exception of pots of gold). Since I'm also working on companion tasks which most of the time require me to manually whack a specific element such as a hawk/poop/bandit, I appreciated NOT having to count my whacks for those, and the leprechauns, and possible other quest elements at the same time. At the same time it left room for some optimization of whacks for when I had the time and bother to do so. I cannot possibly overstate how much I preferred this new system.

- Having to dress up like individual NPCs = genius idea and was tons of fun for me. I usually go for the house items first as I know I'm not going to wear many of the clothing ones anyway (and I only get them for completeness' sake). This definitely added a new dimension of motivation for me, for getting the clothing items. I know similar stuff was done in the past (dressing up as santa) but this time it went much further.

- I liked the available customization items. (I wish the patch of shamrocks would have been available to buy for my lawn. But the cloche is the greatest hat ever and I'm already looking into making a real-life version of it for my actual self.)

- I *liked* the pacing. I completed everything with e couple of days to spare, but keep in mind I have some pay-for bonuses (such as the statue and a limited amount of bush bucks I spent on energy). I think without those, I would have been able to also get everything done in time, just without the "safety cushion", which, for me, is perfect. Many events in the past felt a little "too easy" to me, other than the one with the carnival packs (which I missed by minutes and yes, I'm still bitter about it ;P)
This was (as far as I remember) the first time I got all the achievements done quite a while before getting 100% event progress.

Now I don't know what I'm doing different from other players who didn't even get close to finishing - just whacking mornings and evenings, farming, and levelling my fruit companion did the trick for me.

The one hangover is, of course, the green gloves issue; I feel for the players who missed out because of it, and I wish that the devs would have come up with a solution to "fix" this for the low level players before finishing the event rather than "just" saying "we'll do better next time". But I guess it is a question of having the resources and they were working on new cool stuff instead. Still, it leaves me a little sad.

Other than that, great work, well done, thank you devs. :)
Lvl 400 "Honorary Leprechaun"
68 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2013 at 12:49 PM
Last Edited March 16th 2013 at 12:50 PM
Veda Funk
I also liked this event; I gripped earlier on this thread; about getting a lot of nothings; but in spite of that I finished everything with time to spare. I enjoyed having to match clothes with leprechauns. It took forever to get all the leprechauns; but I liked the challenge of that. I am looking forward to the next event.
Lvl 420 "Needs More Energy!"
103 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 10:11 AM
Jennifer Mitchell
I have really enjoyed this event managing to finish it with time to spare yet didn't do aswell as I normally do, items seemed much harder to get but like always it's just luck... one of my game buddies are showing at 449% and the event is not finished yet so it shows it can be done, saying that I don't like it too easy I, like Veda like a challenge and a will I or Won't I manage to do it befote the event finishes. Good luck to those who are still trying to finish.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 11:47 AM
Last Edited March 17th 2013 at 11:47 AM
AspenGold
I've been whacking rainbows dressed like a leprechaun for days and not gotten that achievement.
Lvl 175 "Gem Collector"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 12:03 PM
Paul Jansse
The event ended with more than an hour on the clock. I missed my 2000 point achievenment because the thing ended too early.
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 12:04 PM
Mike Karklins
What the frig.... said an hour left..!!!!
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 12:08 PM
Crystal Tofteland
yessssss....it has to be a gliche!! They will make it up to us!
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 12:29 PM
Last Edited March 17th 2013 at 12:31 PM
Dave Stone
Very buggy ending... Had to refresh a few times as when the leprechauns appeared, Instead of giving me item's, They said to meet them back at the common's.
Nope, Refreshed several time's and after i thought it was fixed, I'm still collecting the leprechauns :(
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 12:35 PM
Last Edited March 17th 2013 at 12:36 PM
Mike Karklins
very buggy... I have 12 clovers and cant cash them in... probably because we have to refind all the leprechauns.. I had beer mugs that I couldnt cash in till I found the beer leprechaun.. quite annoyed.. and of course I only need to cash in once more to finish that achievement.. and now am out of energy....
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 1:00 PM
Claire Cottell
Only needed 6 more beer mugs to do my last visit to the leprechaun and with 8 mins to go they all vanish!!! Not impressed!!!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 17th 2013 at 3:07 PM
Raymond
Some places changed to Daylight savings time last weekend, some have not changed yet. Whenever anything is set to end around or near the change to or from Daylight Savings Time I always make an effort to find out who does what when. I knew when this would be and perhaps should have made a post that most people would ignore because its a post by me...
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 18th 2013 at 3:19 AM
Ben Strijker
My 2 cents on this event:

I had a good time doing this event.

+ tiny lepr... erm ... tiny grumpy people ^^ got taken along in auto-wack.
+ clothing an more active roll in event (I dress up anyway)
+ you can wack lerp ... tiny people
+ drops only came when you had the lepr ... active quest

- Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. luckly it comes after 4 wacks so it is manageble.
- 4 collecting quests at the same time (some times 5 for pet) it get's clutterd at the top.

Another couple of downsides but those I can't really complain about is that I have friends that are on day 4-6 of the event already on 100%. And the clothing advice you needit on the ?lepracons? was already avalible before I had the canche to figure it out on myself but that is because I am part of a group.

This event is over and I hope that the spring event will be as fun as last year so that I can create a lovely garden and maybe get a mention on DJArts facebook page.