Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10
Halloween Event!
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 2:31 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
I was a little slow posting this thread because we had some issues right around the launch, but mostly everything should be sorted out now.

Use this thread to discuss the new Halloween event!

Some issues that you may have experienced:
- Ranch timer not showing up; to fix this, go to your ranch and move any item.
- Game not loading past requests; there should be a fix in for this now. Refresh the game.
- Spooked out by the spooky music at the Haunted Mansion; working as intended.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 2:39 PM
Marleen Larik
How often do the kids go into the mansion? Every 20 hours?
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 2:46 PM
Last Edited October 18th 2012 at 2:47 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Yes, you can scare each kid to get candy once every 20 hours. If you fail to scare a kid, you can send them through again as often as you wish until you manage to up your rating enough to scare them.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 2:48 PM
Marleen Larik
Okay, thanks.

I don't seem to be able to staff my coffin with friends; is that because I've already asked them all for cats today? Is that the same thing?
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 2:54 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Yes, unfortunately those two actions share exclude lists, so you can only request holiday related stuff from each friend once a day.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 2:55 PM
Last Edited October 18th 2012 at 2:56 PM
Marleen Larik
I understand, thanks. I'll go again tomorrow :)

Regarding the kids & scariness, is there a way to buy candy with bush bucks? Because I'm about to go on a road trip and I won't be able to play on many individual days (so I won't be able to assemble the candy) - while I WILL be able to spend money...

I don't want to miss out on the house items...
Lvl 300 "Loves The Developers"
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 3:01 PM
Robert Gill
aww, if only i didn't use some 40-odd friend whacks earlier today. oh well, got some energy packs that i can use still. new event looks great so far. :)
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 3:03 PM
Marleen Larik
Oh, one more question (last one, I promise): do the quest item rods do anything for the drop rate of pumpkins?
Lvl 300 "Loves The Developers"
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 4:10 PM
Robert Gill
wow, these kids are hard to scare. 560 scariness so far, and i've only scared the first kid. this is gonna take some work, lol.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 4:15 PM
Jean Davis
I got 50 scariness and was able to send each kid only once...hmmm.

btw... L O V E the event!!! Thanx DJArts!! (putting more crayons & markers in your Trick-or-Treat bags...:)
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 4:34 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Marleen - (1) We don't have any plans to add ways to buy candy right now. We may add it in before the end of the event. We do want to eventually add a way to get holiday house/player you missed out on when they're out of season, but that's further down the line. (2) The event item drop rates are not affected by any trinkets. Players of all levels should get roughly the same number of pumpkins for each bar of energy they spend.

Misc - We did just fix an issue where you could incorrectly scare kids if you had exactly 0 scariness. You shouldn't be able to do that anymore.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 4:38 PM
Marleen Larik
Thanks, Justin! I'll see how far I get this time around.
Lvl 400 "The Puzzler"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 4:45 PM
Jodi Foote
Justin

I can not scare the nurse. I have tried about 50 times. It is getting frustrating. What are the odds of scaring these darn kids?
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 4:51 PM
Ruth Orozco
Where do I get the boards to make the coffin? Are they from bushes or do they spawn?
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 4:55 PM
Ruth Orozco
never mind..found one!
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 5:38 PM
Joe Gosselin
quick question, is there a quota for item asked from requests, like in the spring event with a limit of five of each animals?
Lvl 440 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 6:27 PM
Sarah Bye
I can't seem to scare the nurse either. Sent her in tons of times but nothing.
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 8:31 PM
Last Edited October 18th 2012 at 8:51 PM
Cheryl Brennan
OK - I bought all sorts of blood and spider webs - but I cannot place them. I am able to place the cats and coffin and beer. What am I doing wrong?

I figured it out - you have to be in full screen mode to get the back wall to place the items. If you are not in full screen the back wall is not accessible.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 9:41 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Joe - Yes, it's 5 again. You can buy more of the critters for Bush Bucks, but you can only get up to 5 from requests.

All - The kids scare based on your house's scariness. If they're not getting scared, then you need to make the house scarier. The scariness is the holiday progress for this event, so you can see it in the holiday status dialog. :)
Lvl 400 "The Puzzler"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 18th 2012 at 9:57 PM
Jodi Foote
Hmm I have a house scariness off 921 and still can't scare the nurse. Are you sure that is right? I guess it will take a few days to scare her :(