Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5
Summer Carnival Event!
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2012 at 5:30 AM
Bill Beard
It's more random than the past ones, but I've been making great strides in using my farming capability (I have Passion Fruit growing in 11 plots so that gives me 100%+ energy every 16 hours) and storing up Small Energy Packs and using the DJ Arts token packs.

When I burn through all my energy, I've been power playing the Pro Toss (it's faster since it only has 3 animation steps) and so far I'm at like 5 or 6 gathered w/ 5 days left. And that's only playing two or 3 times per day (once in the morning, once when I get home, and occasionally just before I go to bed.)
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2012 at 4:19 PM
Ruth Orozco
Okay, I finally got 8 tokens in the Pro Toss, but my achievements and the carnival event board aren't registering it!! On achievements, it still says I have 3 out of 4 completed! WTH?! Anyone have this happen? I refreshed the page, but it didn't change. Maybe I have to close the game and go back in? Should I open a ticket? There's no way I'll get all the bonus packs, so I'd like to get what I accomplished...Thanks!
Lvl 437 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2012 at 5:07 PM
Adi Star
So there are 4 day 19 hours left in the carnival, I have 4 of 10 big time bonus buyers, hope its possible to complete the event! Starting to freak out ha ha ha.
Lvl 370 "Investigator"
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2012 at 6:37 PM
Kimberly Hoffman Wilber
Is there a way to check to see which game I still have to get the 8 tokens for? I keep replaying them but can't remember which one I'm missing.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2012 at 7:31 PM
Raymond
been asked and not yet answered
Lvl 253 "Swashbuckler"
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2012 at 10:23 PM
Josh Ochenduszko
Seems like they fixed the odds for these games. I just played balloon popper 7 times, and got the full 8 tokens 4 of those times. I noticed that even when rigged 100%, the games still had low odds of a win. I'm guessing this is also why I ended up with 4 large energy packs in my inventory, helping people to get enough tickets to actually get the 10 bonus packs.
Lvl 440 "The True Avenger"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2012 at 10:56 PM
Amanda H. Bazner
I don't have the energy packs - could you have them left over from earlier achievements?
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2012 at 2:31 AM
Ben Strijker
(as stated before) Even if you have the game rigged 100% the possibility you win 8 tokes is 1:7.

I am also wondering if I will get the 10 bonus packs I am currently half way done and just played 202 games.

The math done by Marleen Larik gives me the following information.

In eleven days of this event (if it lasts 15 days) I gathered 880 tokens in 202 games. That is an averege of about 4 tokens a game and 18 games a day.So in the 4 days remaining of this event I will get about 72 more games wich equals to 288 tokens.

With luck I will get 3 more bonus packs (4 I got some left) getting a total of 9 bonus packs. Then I will get dissapointed if that happens to me.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2012 at 9:53 AM
Jean Davis
To check your Achievements, click on the Achievement icon or go under your Profile to Achievements. then scroll all the way to the bottom. You should see your remaining status there.

@Amanda - I think having the quest trinket helps. I have completed everything, including the bonus packs, two days ago.
Lvl 57 "Dispenser of Justice!"
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2012 at 11:34 AM
Nigel Robson
how do you claim the ribbon/elephat prizes, or do they turn up at the end of the event?
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2012 at 11:48 AM
Ben Strijker
@Nigel; Yes the ribbon and elephant you get at the end of the event.

@Jean; Interesting to say at least.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2012 at 11:19 PM
Marleen Larik
Little status update: I have 4 more bonus packs to get, with 3 days left; and that is after spending 13 euroes.

It's not going to happen, and I'm disappointed.
Post by Heather Collings deleted August 24th 2012 at 12:51 AM
Lvl 253 "Swashbuckler"
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2012 at 1:35 AM
Josh Ochenduszko
I just got my 10th bonus pack and I've never spent money on the game... Maybe it's just me, but it seems like tickets drop a lot less in the Flux. Anyone else notice this?

@Amanda, I'm certain I didn't have the energy packs from earlier achievements. I always use them as soon as I get them. I didn't spend djarts tokens on them either... They just turned up in my inventory not long before I posted that. Strange, because it did seem like my chances of winning the 8 tokens was higher. Maybe that was just luck, but no idea where the packs came from then.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2012 at 4:09 AM
Marleen Larik
Hmm, I don't know. I've been playing almost exclusively The Flux since the event started.

But I will say that I DID get all the achievement energy packs. I also used them up as soon as they appeared.
Lvl 143 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2012 at 4:31 AM
John Manek
This event compared to the ones I played previously seems to be impossible. The drop rate of the tickets are way to low to be able to play enough games to win enough tokens to buy all the prizes needed. The rigging is complete bs as it does absolutely nothing to help. Not to impressed so far and if the next event plays like this one I will probably stop playing since there is no purpose really as the rest of the game is getting seriously tedious finding 45 of this 50 of that then 55 more of this.
Lvl 253 "Swashbuckler"
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2012 at 9:59 AM
Josh Ochenduszko
I doubt the next event will be like this one, since each event has been different so far. I like that they haven't been essentially the same event with a makeover.
Lvl 41 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2012 at 1:14 PM
Dennis Deveaux
Agreed with John. Ticket drops weren't as common as they should be, and the rigging system was also flawed. Here's some food for thought:

12 Customization items --> 40 x 12 = 480 tokens
10 Bonus packs --> 80 x 10 = 800 tokens
Total: 1280 tokens to get all achievements.

How many games needed playing based on winning the same amount of tokens in each game.

8 tokens --> 160 (640 tickets)
7 tokens --> 183 (732 tickets)
6 tokens --> 213 (852 tickets)
5 tokens --> 256 (1024 tickets)
4 tokens --> 320 (1280 tickets)
3 tokens --> 427 (1708 tickets)
2 tokens --> 640 (2560 tickets)

On a good day (including using 25 energy packs when I could (which wasn't every day since I only just hit the 25 friend mark today in the game), I'd typically see around 100 tickets. and given that winning >4 tokens in a game wasn't a guarantee, you can start to see why the odds weren't too good for me completing this achievement.

I have 36 friends/bribes in the Balloon Popper game, and it was rigged 92%. After playing 10 games, I won 45 tokens.

I think the July holiday event was a bit too easy to complete, but this one was much too difficult. Sure, there are those who completed it, but either they were much luckier in ticket drops, have a lot of friends, or they spent money to do it.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2012 at 10:21 PM
Marleen Larik
I played 342 games and won 1087 tokens. That is an average of 3.1 tokens per game.

I have 3 more bonus packs to buy, with 47 tokens in my inventory, my energy (farming, fruit baskets and energy packs) for the day gone, and with 2 days to go.

Not gonna happen.
Lvl 440 "The True Avenger"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2012 at 10:35 PM
Amanda H. Bazner
Putting some perspective in here: all of this is about buying 10 bonus packs to earn a single large energy pack. "Finishing" the event, to me, is getting all of the things that persist after the event is done: the best ribbon (and energy boost), the elephant, and the title. Are people having problems with that?