Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Event Participation Change - Give Event Items To Those PLAYING The Event!!!
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 29th 2012 at 8:23 PM
Wayne Bennett
If we're not wanting to participate in a holiday event (like right now it's the 4th of July bit), can we NOT get event items from things we whack? I'm trying to continue on with my quest & right now I'm needing to find 30 artifacts for the gentleman, but all I get is raw foods & fireworks.

Can you change the whacking "gifts" to only pay out event items if you have some way to "join" the event (say talk to a character @ the event & say "Yes, I wanna participate.")

I feel that it's taking away from my quest & making me work that much longer/harder because I'm being given stuff I don't want in the 1st place!!! Thereby resulting in getting less of what I NEED!
Lvl 50 "Apprentice Bush Whacker"
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 12:46 AM
Max Karl
the event items don't take odds away from your other items - they are just an extra, so don't worry
Lvl 102 "Professional Monster Hunter"
52 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 6:11 AM
Ric Raymond Green III
actually the event items will give you more energy, which means more play time which means more items....
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 11:56 AM
Wayne Bennett
Max, I never said anything about changing the odds of them being found. I'm saying I'm NOT doing the event, so I don't think I should have those items show up in my play. If I WAS doing the event, that's my decision & I would want those items.

Ric, neither the event food items nor fireworks have given me any extra energy. I watched my stats when I got them.
77 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 12:14 PM
Katarzyna Szcześniak
Wayne actually you said:
"I feel that it's taking away from my quest & making me work that much longer/harder because I'm being given stuff I don't want in the 1st place!!! Thereby resulting in getting less of what I NEED!" So Max is right, event items doesn't work that way.

And food you cook in event gives energy, if you don't spend tokens on event stuff you can buy more raw food cook it and get more energy. Chicken is best cause it costs 4 tokens and gives 4 energy.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 1:31 PM
Wayne Bennett
I'm not cooking any food. I'm not turning in fireworks. I don't want any of those ribbons, etc.

The way I took it was the odds of my quest items appearing altered & I was saying I didn't believe so. Who knows - maybe the odds DO change during events & when I get these food/fireworks, I should have gotten artifacts. But I would have rather gotten nothing from whacking bushes/monsters INSTEAD of items I'm never going to use.

My suggestion to the devs. is this:

A. If you want to participate in the event, go talk to a particular character & in the dialogue, choose "Yes, I want to participate" (or something like that). By doing this, when you whack things, you will be given event items.

B. If you don't want to participate in the event, don't go talk to that particular character, & you won't be given any event items when you whack things.

Think of it like the repeatable quests from BW1 - don't go talk to that character & you won't find anything they're looking for while playing.
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 5:49 PM
Nate Dauer
I'd say you're in a very small minority Wayne...

You're asking not to get freebies that can be used to give you minor boosts in-game.
Lvl 102 "Professional Monster Hunter"
52 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 8:18 PM
Ric Raymond Green III
actually after youve bought the all the event items there is a recurring picnic basket available that gives lots of energy, mana, power, and gold
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 30th 2012 at 8:39 PM
deblev53
Hi Wayne. I understand completely what you are saying. although I'm almost finished the event, I agree that it would be nice to talk to someone about whether you want to participate. The only problem is how it would effect the devs? Wouldn't it make much more work to adjust settings for the few that don't want to play?
As far as the event items taking away from your quest, I can assure you it doesn't. I got and completed 3 quests today (thanx to the energy, mana etc., from the picnic baskets)and the items came as they normally do, so please don't worry. I do hope you'll change your mind and do the event, but either way, good luck and happy whacking. :)
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 1st 2012 at 1:57 AM
Marleen Larik
Even if I wasn't interested in any of the event ribbons or items... I'd still take the free energy!

Whichever way you look at it, you walk away from this with a *better* chance of solving your normal quests and getting ahead in the game.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 1st 2012 at 11:07 AM
Wayne Bennett
Debbie, thank you for seeing my side. & how exactly would it create more work? If I choose not to play, then my settings would remain the same as they would be when no special events are going on. Seems like if you choose to participate in the event & talk with a certain character, then your game would change accordingly. Sort of like in BW1 when after the deadline, you didn't get any more items.

& don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't like the events. I enjoy(ed) the Christmas & Halloween 1's (guess right now that's from BW1), but I never participated in the Easter, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, etc. events. &, like I said before, that was my choice NOT to partake in them. Here, it seems like it's given to me automatically.
Post by David Davison deleted July 3rd 2012 at 10:26 AM
Lvl 84 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd 2012 at 4:31 PM
Chris Lai
Wayne,

Ok I think there is a particular misunderstanding. Everyone who is saying that it's extra stuff, is saying that it doesn't actually take up any reward slot. For example, if you haven't noticed if you hit a bush it might come out with coins AND a piece of meat (seasonal quest item). You really aren't losing or missing out on anything with the quest items... it's extra stuff that can be turned into energy and rewards... there shouldn't be any complaints from any of the players for FREE stuff... literally it enriches the whacking rewards...
Lvl 300 "Loves The Developers"
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd 2012 at 7:28 PM
Robert Gill
wow, i completely overlooked the picnic basket from the token guy. thanks for pointing that out to those of us who didn't talk to that guy again after purchasing everything. :)
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 3rd 2012 at 10:55 PM
Danielle Sue Klopping
It isn't as simple as 'just leaving your odds alone'. They change all of the code for everyone at the same time. You're asking them to do more work because you...don't want free things?

As everyone else has pointed out, the event IS NOT taking away from anything. I've finished quite a few quests during the event (and probably quicker because I had extra energy!)
Lvl 102 "Santa Wannabe"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 4th 2012 at 5:49 PM
Peter Zammit
This is the poorest excuse for a whinge ive ever seen. You are making a fuss because you dont want to take part in the event for some silly reason, and want the devs to waste time implementing an opt out system just because collecting fireworks and food that wont negatively impact your game in any way annoys you.

Youve even expressed a concern that collecting these items lowers your chances of getting items you DO want. Now that youve been told this is not the case and that you actually get more energy for turning in the items, you change your tune, become even more stubborn and state you have no interest in taking a minute or two to turn in the items youre getting anyway in order to get more energy in order to get more quest items. If I told you Ive completed several puzzles on the energy, mana and power you get after you complete the event alone are you going to say you choose not to complete puzzles?
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2012 at 8:19 PM
Wayne Bennett
Danielle: If you'll read my posts, I've pointed out there ARE quests I like playing.....but there are others I choose not to. & that's my key word - "CHOICE".

Peter: How is it a "silly reason"? You can't tell me that in here (& BW1) you've participated in EVERYTHING.....including redoing ALL the same "repeat events" - like collecting flowers, potion items, etc. (BW1). Also, how am I making MORE work for a system that would run the SAME as when there IS NOT an event going on?

WHY am I being "stubborn" for NOT wanting to participate? Since everybody has their own way of playing this (& BW1), shouldn't it be MY choice as to what I (not) do? If there was a way to pass on these event items to another player, I'ld gladly give you all the food & fireworks I had.

& your point about the puzzles is "bizzare" to say the least because that is an activity you have to complete to proceed in this game.
Lvl 102 "Santa Wannabe"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 5th 2012 at 11:14 PM
Peter Zammit
I have participated in everything where BW1 is concerned.

Your argument is that you should be able to choose whether or not you're participating in an event. Currently everyone automatically participates which means everyone gets things like raw food and fireworks ALONGSIDE what they get as a result of whacking a bush. What you are proposing is that you should be able to choose to opt out of an event so that you dont get these items. That is currently not how the game works so therefore code has to be written into the game in order to achieve this.

This could be extremely easy or extremely hard - I dont know. The point is though its unnecessary as anyone not wanting to participate in the events just needs to ignore those items. There is no limit to how much you can carry in your inventory so you are suffering no inconvenience (except for having to click an ok button whenever you receive a rare piece of meat or firework which Ill admit is getting a bit annoying).
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 6th 2012 at 2:20 AM
Marleen Larik
"I've pointed out there ARE quests I like playing.....but there are others I choose not to. & that's my key word - "CHOICE"."

... and that's what you do - to choose to participate in the event by turning in your items for freebies (and are showerd in free energy, power and mana that help you to progress faster in the regular game) or you can NOT turn in any items. It's up to you.

Like, when you find a tenner on the street, you can choose to ignore it, OR you can pick it up and buy something awesome.
(Or, I guess, you can complain about people disrupting your daily routine by rudely leaving money in your path.)
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 6th 2012 at 8:07 PM
Wayne Bennett
Peter, close. I'm saying you should be able to opt IN an event just like it was with BW1 (holiday themed or repeatable quests). As simple as that.