Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Event Participation Change - Give Event Items To Those PLAYING The Event!!!
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 10th 2012 at 7:23 PM
Wayne Bennett
Thanks, Denise. I wasn't too sure if "newbies" even had access to the Commons if they haven't reached it yet in their journey.
Post by Denise C Steil deleted July 10th 2012 at 7:52 PM
Lvl 73 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
130 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 10th 2012 at 7:54 PM
Dengke Sha
And as you can see, the devs do listen to change requests. I also emailed Justin early on asking about a change in the friend gates and the area warps. You can see he and his team are listening and trying to compromise as much as they can (the friend gates they needed to help build audience and expand the game).

In relation to the leveling up thing I think it's standard not to gain energy more than the max for the games out there, and also remember that you're actually getting free energy when you level up. The other case would have been gaining no energy at all on level up.

But I should stay on topic. The point is the devs will try to satisfy everyone, but sometimes it may not be possible to, but I'm sure they're trying their best.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2012 at 3:57 AM
Wayne Bennett
The issue on losing energyis this: say your energy is 100/650 (you have 100 energy left out of 650); you then level up & go to 675 max energy; your energy is now only @ 675.....you lost the 100 you had before leveling up. In BW1, you would see a small yellow bar under you energy showin that 100.

In other words, you kept that 100 energy to use before any of your 675 was used.

How is that a good thing? There's nothing I can do to use up that 100 energy without it progressing me towards leveling up.
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2012 at 10:27 AM
LadyWizard
Actually Wayne you keep talking abuot opting in for the events on BW1... last I checked I didn't have to opt for the turkeys or the valentines
Lvl 73 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
130 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2012 at 5:22 PM
Dengke Sha
I'm saying you aren't losing the 100 energy but that you're gaining 550 on the level up. I'm saying gaining energy on level up is a good thing. Don't be such a pessimist. I didn't know that they decided to handle it in BW1. If they did then it's likely it'll come in BW2 too.
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 11th 2012 at 5:38 PM
Jen Lyons
I don't recall BW1 adding energy onto what you already had. It refills your energy and if you're close to none, that's great, and if you just spent coins and gems, that's a bummer.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 3:56 AM
Last Edited July 12th 2012 at 4:14 AM
Wayne Bennett
If i can find a pic with this, I'll share.

Dengke, I never said gaining energy on leveling up was bad. I said any energy you currently had is taken away.
Say you have $400 in the bank. You get paid @ work $800. Now, instead of having $1200 in the bank, you only have $800. Doesn't mean you'll always expect $1200, but you'ld like to keep the extra you currently have.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 4:04 AM
Marleen Larik
BW1 behaves exactly the same way BW2 does now.

In BW1 you can join the elite club though for bush bucks. While membership lasts, upon levelling up the energy bar is not just filled up to 100% but 100% of your energy are added to your current energy.

But that's a paid feature. I guess they will implement the same paid feature for BW2 one day.

However, when you have a large fruit win, you go over your 100% energy. Again, Bw1 and BW2 are exactly the same in this regard.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 4:10 AM
Wayne Bennett
Marleen, I've never paid for this game & always kept my extra energy when leveling up. BW1 that is.
Post by Wayne Bennett deleted July 12th 2012 at 4:11 AM
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 4:20 AM
Marleen Larik
Then you must have played a different BW1 from the rest of us :)

People have been complaining about energy "only" being filled up to 100% upon levelling up in BW1 pretty much since the beginning. Here's some example BW1 forum posts discussing levelling up, energy, and the Bushwhacker Club membership perks:

http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=9
http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=1806
http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=4566
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 4:26 AM
Jen Lyons
Amen, Marleen. Your energy only ever got refilled to 100% when you leveled up. The extra yellow energy bar only showed up if you looted a fruit or bought more energy. In BW2 you sometimes get more energy than your base allows, but it doesn't do the yellow bar.
82 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 4:50 AM
Wayne Bennett
How do you "buy more energy"? Wouldn't that just change your max #?
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 4:52 AM
Jen Lyons
You buy more energy from the fruit vendor.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2012 at 4:53 AM
Marleen Larik
You can buy fruit baskets with gems, energy drinks with bush bucks or auction bread with gold coins. Or you can win fruit rom power whacks. In all those cases the amount of energy purchased (or won) is added to your current energy, even if the total energy goes over your energy limit.

Just when you level up, it doesn't.
Lvl 73 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
130 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2012 at 3:47 AM
Dengke Sha
@Wayne I'd compare it more to a cup of coffee rather than money. Say my coffee is half full. Someone decides to top it up and it's full again. The usual response would be to be happy (assuming you like coffee). Except in your case you would be complaining at the person who kindly topped it up for you why they didn't pour more in for you (assuming that they could).