Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Friends required?
Lvl 68 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:21 PM
Daryl Cooper
So, will friends be required to play this game then? I hate playing games where you have to add random people to advance, and that's what it's looking like here already - getting past the first real zone, we end up facing a wall of brambles requiring 3 friends to help unlock it!
Post by Jenna Legge deleted April 18th 2012 at 6:27 PM
Lvl 240 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:27 PM
Jenna Legge
I kinda agree with that, adding random strangers to advance is a way of making a game as useful as nipples on a breastplate for those of us who enjoy privacey. Back to Bush Whacker 1 for me... if I feel like it now x.x
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:30 PM
Missy Lenoir
Yup, back to Bush Whacker 1 for me too. I imagine in a few days I might have some friends who will have decided to play the game on their own, but if not, I guess that was a fun five minutes.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:32 PM
Last Edited April 18th 2012 at 6:34 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Daryl,

You will require to have some friends playing, or pay a few bush bucks to open up all the areas. The friend requirements are small (currently maxes at 7) and so is the bush buck option. Hopefully you have enough real friends playing that this isn't a problem as it is never our intention to encourage inviting random players.

-David
Lvl 68 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:36 PM
Last Edited April 18th 2012 at 6:39 PM
Daryl Cooper
At least the number is low, and will remain that way (I hope!). Will there be a way in game to get free bush bucks, then? We have supported previous games, but because we wanted to, not because we were forced to in order to advance.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 6:54 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Daryl,

Currently the first few levels grant bucks. But other than that there are not any current ways to get in game bucks.

The reality of it is we need players to invite a few friends or contribute a few bucks with each update to make a "free" game like this possible.

-David
Lvl 69 "Dispenser of Justice!"
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 8:35 PM
Smart Simon
welcome to be ur neighbour!! add me on FB!! Nisai Musa
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 8:49 PM
Last Edited April 18th 2012 at 8:54 PM
Nate Dauer
So what's the deal with the energy packet system? The old system was perfect, why'd you have to go and make it a spam feature? You do realize one of BW's greatest attractions was it's lack of spam, right?

EDIT:
OK, I just spent $13. I can haz less spam noaw? :P
Lvl 44 "Gem Collector"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 18th 2012 at 9:17 PM
'Dominik Thiel'
daily player free for add ;)
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 12:02 AM
Carol Farmer Ginger Burrus
add me daily player
Lvl 173 "Customizer"
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 12:06 AM
Kronos Radu
I agree with Nate why it has to have a face slapping popup for the energy??.....please make the energy like in bush whacker 1, it is less annoying.
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 2:32 AM
Mike Karklins
I agree... the energy and the forced friend annoying and the have to use friends or bush bucks to move on... This will drive me from the game very quickly.... Im not interested in annoying my friends so much...
Lvl 370 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 5:59 AM
Alison Witter
I just want to say that I am going back to the first game also. None of my friends are into games. I am really upset that you can not get anywhere without friends or spending money.
Lvl 189 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 12:08 PM
Gayle Hammond
have to agree here and say that having to buy your way into new areas with bucks or through friends isn't what I expect for this game, kinda sad about it as there was so much potential for this and all it seems to be is a poor man's equivalent to BW1, will probably carry on playing BW1 more than this one unless things change
Lvl 198 "Gem Collector"
39 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 1:01 PM
Nadia Sortino-Monteleone
i agree, i hate having to get freinds to help would rather have to search for stuff or collect gold or something. will drive me away if this is common throughout the game or at least back to BW1.
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 1:21 PM
Melissa Skinner
yeah this was one of the games that I still play every day because we do not have to have friends added or spend money. I dont know a lot of people that play games, therefore I only have 1 for bush whacker, and right now I can`t even see him to send him a request (even though his privacy settings are wide open).... This may make both of us give up this game, which I`m sure others are already considering, since we either have to add random people (which I will NOT do) or pay money for a FREE game...
Lvl 8 "Apprentice Monster Hunter"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 1:25 PM
Brian Andrechek
forcing people to add random people since most of my friends don't play games is a bad idea or forcing people to pay for a free game doesn't make it a free game anymore so if this is going to be how it stays i will drop all 4 djarts games i have and block the apps
Lvl 370 "Investigator"
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 1:44 PM
Kimberly Hoffman Wilber
I concur. I have dropped all my zynga games because of that very aspect of all the begging that is needed to progress. I had just enough friends (4 of them) to know if I was patient enough to let them help me for consecutive days to finish my treasures and monsters, I'd never have to beg for help. I try to donate at least once a month for the bucks because I DO support the game itself. And I do that because of the way you guys have handled the game play. If rules are going to be set to have to beg or buy, then I will not be playing.
Lvl 280 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 4:44 PM
Last Edited April 19th 2012 at 4:45 PM
Rebecca Miles
The friend gates in BW let you send once a day, so if you only had a couple friends they could eventually open it for you. I was upset MG barn friend could only help once, even though you need like six. At least you could find/earn beans if you needed them. But, if friends can only help in one position, and bucks aren't earned, I won't be keeping up. I'd like to support my games; the reality is I can't afford even minuscule amounts of real $, and hate adding random people. There should be a compromise there somewhere.