Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Friends required?
Lvl 440 "The Great One"
56 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 11:41 AM
Sue Beneke
And here is another reply about the 'friend' situation. I too do not have many friends who play bushwhacker and while I have managed to get through 2 fields -- I am now stuck. Nor do I have money for bush bucks - so sorry -- this game will be deleted and I will stick with the original BW which I know and like.
Lvl 121 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 11:50 AM
Heather Whaley
David,
I'm disappointed. I have never posted in these forums before. I understand that those who post are a small percentage that play and that complaints are going to be, by far, a majority of those posts, since people who are happy will not even generally look at the forums. I love BW, and recently started playing MG. MG is a very different game from BW, but I haven't gotten far in it yet. I enjoy playing BW more. That being said, you may not be able to hold as many guardians, but you can play a large part of the game without friends. I understand that facebook is a social networking site, but playing games on FB is not something everyone does. I have over a hundred friends and less than a dozen play games of any sort. I have a single friend who plays BW, and hasn't logged on to it in several weeks. I understand that you need players in order to be successful as a game. And I understand that you have plenty of players who play currently without issue. But BW2 has been created where you cannot advance at all without friends who play (which I don't have) or spending my own money (which I have done with BW without complaint.) However, I do that because I want to, and I want to support, not because I -have- to. There is no way FOR ME to continue playing this game without running the risk of being banned from facebook or having to budget spending so much money on this game and slowly advancing as I do that, since you have to spend so many bushbucks per area to advance. Playing a single area before having to spend more money is simply not feasible for me. I was -so- excited to see that a sequel to BW had been made. And I was not unhappy to see it held similiarities to MG,as the graphics are better. I have sent requests out to the few friends who might play this game, but I do not have 7 people who I truly believe will respond to those requests, so I likely will not be able to continue playing this game. I realize that you don't care, as you have made this quite clear. You have plenty of players who have lots of friends or have plenty of money to spend, so are able to simply dismiss all of us who don't. Good for you. I'm glad your game is so successful. I'm just sad I won't be able to enjoy it. Good luck with this sequel, it looks amazing. I wish I was able to continue playing it.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 12:58 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Heather,

The bottom line is we are small team that works exceptionally hard to make the best games we can. In the past we have given away that work in a more "free" fashion. That has not worked out in our favor. The majority of Facebook games require the invite of friends on a much greater level than we do.

It is our position that having a handful of friends playing (7 to 10), or paying a few real dollars ($2 or $3) for around a weeks worth of game content (or a combination of the two) is both generous (compared to a lot of other games) and fair.

-David

I am locking this thread, the overall tone is very negative and there has been a lot of willful misinterpretations of explanations given. There is no need for it to continue. Please do not attempt to revive it in another thread.