Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Friends required?
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 10:34 PM
Lasynda Shichiroji
Hi David,

erm no offense but erm there are more then 2 or 3 threads about friend requests. If you'd like I can post all the links in here for them all that speak about it. I know at least one thread where it's talked about isn't named anything to do with friend requests but even still if you go by names alone I counted 6 that involve the friend request complaints just on the first page. many of them also have more then just a few posts in them and then nothing also. At least in this forum people are sorta keeping things in associated threads for the most part so far, instead of 6 threads on one page asking the same thing...

Collectively there are 77 on the first page for pages that have nothing to do with Friend Requests/Adding Friends. There are 82 posts on the first page that ARE related to Friend Requests/Adding Friends. Now when I was in Math in Grade school they taught us that the bigger number is usually greater than the other number so 82>77. This means that more posts are made about this then all the other topics combined atm. Now before you try to counter with something like well some people post more then once in a thread. Yes that is true but it doesn't change the fact that there is more talk about this then other topics.

Anyways since no one else seems to be having the issue I asked about earlier I'm off for now to write a support ticket to see what's up with my problem.

*hops off das soapbox*
Lasy
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 10:36 PM
Nate Dauer
Similarities (that I can think of off-hand) between MG & BW2 that aren't true of BW1 with BW2:

- Graphics
- Double-click running
- x5 based experience bar (I hate this, what was wrong with the x2 system?)
- Request-based energy packet system
- Requests for opening up certain areas, etc.
- With a lack of 'square areas' (or, more accurately, very large square areas), warping is not nearly as direct a process.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 11:30 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Lasynda,

If you want to count all the posts and threads and then count the posts that are specifically complaints about the friend help requirements go for it. You will find what I already know from a quick database query... that is that less than 20% of posts even contain the word friend... its a crude stat but it does give insight. You have counted 82 and 77 but there are over 500 posts already in the Bush Whacker 2 forums...

Hi Nate,

I think I was asking Michelle...

-David
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 12:05 AM
Jean Davis
@David - Do you remember last year when I kept having problems, getting kicked out, & all kinds of weird little security errors while trying to play? Ya'll simply said it was because I was using Internet Explorer. After about 5-6 days of password resets & emails (minimum of 7 times a day), I was finally able to login to FB again then I switched to Chrome.

I was later informed/warned that I had added too many people, I didn't personally know them, and that I had been reported by someone I had sent a friend request to. Also, I was warned if it happened again, I would be suspended or banned. This was around the time I started playing a new game (a top ten 2011 FB game), and had created a group for it.

This year I have known several people, including DJARTS game players, that have rec'ed either suspensions or bans. When we pooled our experiences, messages, etc., we learned that you are considered "Reported" if you deny a friend request by saying Not Now and/or You don't know this person, block or delete their request. It counts against both you and the other person.

Because of all the recent changes to Privacy & Security settings - excluding Timeline issues - many people are hesitant to add new friends. I feel very confidant that I am not alone in this.

That being said, I brought about 50+ people to BW1 from another game where the dev quit listening to his clientele, made promises of a new game version, but took their money & closed it down. These people were very glad when I re-assured them that ya'll were nothing like that, believed me whenever you replied to them, and still play BW1.

Thank you for ALL you do!
Jean
Lvl 134 "Gem Collector"
301 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 12:21 AM
Lasynda Shichiroji
Hi David,

Must be nice to do searches in the forum......something I have seen several times being promised to be added to the forum and so far hasn't......

Lasy
Lvl 8 "Apprentice Monster Hunter"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 3:55 AM
Brian Andrechek
So david essentially from what you have put you don't really care what the people are saying in these forums if we are only a small minority 5% then why are you bothering to waaste your time if you arent going to care or listen to our feed back then why bother give the option
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 6:10 AM
John Okeefe
David

I just read through two full threads and they may be the minority but last i checked the minority mattered as well. The majority of your responses seem to ignore the issue or come off like you and DJarts just do not care about this issue. I was willing to wait this one out hoping there might be some resolution but from your responses it appears that its "play our way or leave", so I will be leaving
Lvl 68 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
31 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 6:17 AM
Daryl Cooper
I am certainly hopeful that there won't be as many mandatory request for help from friends in the future areas. I was alright with requiring it every now and again - but after practically every zone? That's spamming, pure and simple.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 8:30 AM
Last Edited April 21st 2012 at 8:36 AM
Hi Lasynda,

Actually I saw your post about search being missing on the Guardians forum, I had one of our student developers start work on it, it in and working on the development version of the forums and it should live on Monday...

Hi brian, That is nonsense... What I am essentially saying is for certain types of complaints it is important to consider the whole player population, level of complaints and possible bias being displayed by the people who are posting.

The forums provide a great feedback mechanism for players to tell us when something is not working, or to suggest features, improvements etc. I find it difficult to see how you would think that saying we use percentages and other player information to judge the legitimacy of specific complaints negates the other benefits and uses of the forum.

So why give the option for players to give feedback? Because some players give us really good constructive and useful feedback, which we listen to. We don't/can't always act on said feedback but we listen. Other players just complain and that does get dismissed.

-David
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 8:47 AM
Michelle Reames
From David:
"Hi Michelle,

I am curious how you think Bush Whacker 2 is just like Mystic Guardians, aside from being built in the same engine it is far from the same game experience. Also the things you mention about Bush Whacker are much later into the game, we are the same team, we have the same sense of humor and are certainly planning to do crazy things later into the game. Bush Whacker 1 had none of those things when it was released...

-David"

That is exactly my point. Bush Whacker 2 is a cookie cutter game now. I felt that as soon as I started playing. It's just like Mystic Guardians, Zombie Lane, etc. They all "feel" the same to me. I appreciate that you're going to add stuff into the new game but it will still feel like a cookie cutter game. I know this is NOT your fault. Is it facebook's fault? Is this the direction all games will be forced to go if developers want the chance to beta test their games for free? Then I say, "Curse you, facebook!" LOL!
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 8:57 AM
Hi Michelle,

While definitely disagree that it is a cookie cutter game, I do understand how seeing two of our games be similar in those way could make you feel that way.

I am curious what you mean by "facebooks fault", or "beta test for free". You know we don't work with or even talk to people at facebook.
Lvl 23 "Customizer"
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 9:06 AM
Anastasia Sizemore
I have 3 friends besides me that are trying BW2, I have been stuck at the first gate, which only requires 3 friends for 2 days. That's kind of unacceptable to me and what happens when I need 7 friends and not even 7 are playing? And please don't tell me to spam my friends with invites, that's just silly. Only a small percentage of my friends even play BW1. I get that you need to generate income but I just don't understand why you are making it so people have difficulties even getting out of the first area before having to irritate their friends with requests or pay for the priviledge. I am also not encouraged by the dev responses I've seen here that this will change. Too bad, I like BW1 and was excited to see a new version but am already frustrated after less than a week of play.
Lvl 108 "Professional Bush Whacker"
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 9:13 AM
Charlene Hunt
im still having problems when it comes to asking friends for energy an help in clearing items in order to get into next area can some one please help me out Thanks Charlene
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 9:45 AM
Marleen Larik
When I started playing BW 1, I actually did invite many of my friends to play it. Most of them just weren't interested. The ones that did add the application, stopped playing in the early levels. (< level 10.)

Then I added a while bunch of strangers. I'm not proud of it, but I did really like the game and wanted to explore it fully, including the friend zones. I also donated money a few times and sent both bug reports and other detailed feedback / ideas.

So, no, inviting your real friends will not automatically help overcome any obstacles a player might encounter. I will try BW2 for a few days and see how many of my BW1 "friends" migrate over, but at this point in time I'm not actually willing to add any *more* strangers - so while I'm thrilled to see BW2, whether or not I will be playing it this time next week depends.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 6:12 PM
Jean Davis
Personally, I don't consider myself biased nor a big complainer. I simply ask questions about things I don't understand, but wish to; and try to provide soem insight from my own experiences. As a game moderator, I feel that suspensions & bans are important to any game player.
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 6:57 PM
Hi Jean,

Don't worry we don't consider you a complainer.
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2012 at 7:11 PM
Michelle Reames
David, I am far from understanding how any of this works. Is there any way I can send you a private message? I am faemich on facebook. :)
1 Post
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 6:08 AM
Tonny Driyanto
Well, just used up all my freebie bushbucks and stuck at the gate. so, till next game folks. good luck with the game David. back to good ol' BW1 =D
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 10:22 AM
Josefiend Fair
I'm sad that I won't be able to progress with BW2 without adding more people. I love BW1 - my sister got me hooked on it, lol, and she was as excited as me to see BW2 appear... until we discovered we'd need to add more people in order to progress. Of the 200 something friends I have on FB, only my sister plays BW, and none of my other friends want games requests. Period. I know this because I've posted on FB before about it - basically, spamming friends with requests for games they don't already play is annoying for them and frustrating for me.

I feel kinda crappy though, that on reading the DEVs responses on here, their answer seems to equate to "Well, hardly anyone else is complaining, so suck it up".

Yes, I know it's a free game, and for that I am thankful... but still? Now it appears that the only people on the forums are those who want to complain about something, according to some of the DEV posts on this thread.

A lot of previous posts I saw were people helping each other. Because they love the game.

I just...gah. Frustrated, and ranting. Sorry.
Lvl 440 "The Great One"
56 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 22nd 2012 at 11:41 AM
Sue Beneke
And here is another reply about the 'friend' situation. I too do not have many friends who play bushwhacker and while I have managed to get through 2 fields -- I am now stuck. Nor do I have money for bush bucks - so sorry -- this game will be deleted and I will stick with the original BW which I know and like.