Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6
New Content: Enter the Flungeon
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 23rd 2022 at 10:28 AM
Last Edited March 24th 2022 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)

Tired of completing the same Flux field over and over for Flux Dust while you wait for the next update? This update is for you! A brand new endless dungeons system in the Flux 20.0! The new way to get Flux Dust! Achieve more rewards and goals in addition to Flux Dust in a more interesting system.

Details can be found on the blog!

Plus the change log!

Post your feedback here!

Report any bugs via support ticket or email bw2support@codenameentertainment.com!
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 23rd 2022 at 9:28 PM
Last Edited March 23rd 2022 at 9:32 PM
Anubischick
Hi Nick, here's my first bits of feedback.

Get rid of the power, energy and mana whack bushes.

No-one likes them. I have never seen or heard of anyone who is happy to see them. In fact they are actively disliked. They probably rate right up there with the sugarless energy drinks for general dislike.

Before you could pretty much avoid them once you'd got through the fields with them by simply avoiding the side quest where they appear and forgoing the extra pets. Now you can't if you wish to continue. It locks players into a mechanism they actively dislike in order to progress.

Also given how they spawn, if you reach a point where you don't have enough mana or power to clear them you cannot proceed unless you leave the flungeon and normal whack somewhere else to build up a bank of power/mana and then come back, which feels very disheartening.

Additionally this whole 'the only place you can get flux dust now is the flungeon' is quite off-putting. I'm now locked into the way you want me to play the game rather than the way I want to do so. A suggestion I'd make is that you have the flungeon as flux 20 and above and the older fluxes can stay as they are where you can do your 144 puzzle pieces = 1 flux dust, that way I can choose how I wish to progress in the game, not be forced into a path that, given the bushes mentioned in my first point, I am actively going to dislike playing.

If you do allow that to continue at least then when the irritating coloured bushes stop me I can go back to an earlier flux and actually earn something to enable me to progress whilst I'm building up the mana/power to get through the flungeon. Though I really REALLY want you to get rid of those bushes instead.

I understand you want something new, and you want to offer something different but for me at least, this is not it. This is just going to make me want to walk away. People like BW2 because of its simplicity, because it's a way to while away an hour or two in a relaxing manner, not because it's something you have to overcome to proceed.

We, or at least I as I should not speak for others, don't want to be frustrated by this game. We want it be relaxing with cute characters that have an ongoing tale and some terrible puns. Not something that means we have to do actively pointless things in order to move forward.

Anyway, that was a bit of an essay but I wanted to explain why I've said what I've said and not just say "Don't do this" which isn't helpful.

Cheers
AC
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 23rd 2022 at 10:52 PM
Zingman
Initial feedback:

First puzzle is 100 pieces, if they're all that size for the first tier that's 500 for 3 flux dust. Previously it'd be 432 for that many, not a good way to start off.

Also keeping with the 100-piece theme, it's too much. Can't find the thread discussing the test dungeon you did last year, but if I remember correctly they were 25 piece puzzles (up to 18 of them [depths]). That was too few pieces and too many this is going in the opposite direction. Also haven't found mana/power bushes yet, but those in a 100-piece puzzle field sounds like a miserable experience.
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 9:10 AM
MarcInOakland
I have to completely agree with Anubischick. I don't remember (when doing the Prismatic areas, or wherever the "special" bushes were first introduced) ever having all 6 bushes in the area be the "special" ones before -- so if 5 were power bushes, you could just keep whacking at that one non-special one until you got back 3 power, and then remove one of the special ones again. Twice today I had no power and had 6 power "special" bushes in the Flungeon. Returning to the Flux 20.0 at least let me use up some mana until I was able to get back 3 power, but (since it no longer can get Flux 20.0 puzzle pieces -- and assuming that the 4 missing trinkets will eventually be introduced, we will someday need to solve four more Flux 20.0 puzzles, it doesn't feel "right.")

At least limit the number of "special" bushes. 5 for maximum frustration, 4 for still-mostly-fun. But 6 is just agonizing.
183 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 9:35 AM
Last Edited March 25th 2022 at 11:47 AM
blackmangopit
Oh God no, please not those prismatic bushes again! I hated that area so much I avoided it for almost a year. Please don't make this game any harder to earn Flux dust. Like Anubischick said above, you're overthinking this game -I come here daily to just unwind and let my mind go for half hour to an hour. This change is not going to want me to continue playing daily. It should be an option to go this way and play the way we want to progress. I would much rather simply collect Flux dust through the same 144 piece puzzle than go through this convoluted and complicated system. Don't fix what isn't broken! Disgruntled long-time player. Harumph!
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 10:14 AM
Last Edited March 24th 2022 at 1:03 PM
BarbZak
I see jpl has completed 4 tiers and I got only 1 key.Are we not supposed to get a reward from EACH TIER he has completed by being the 1st player..I see he was a busy beaver big time.gg..jpl....and I CANNOT FIND THE GLITCH KEEPER..IN FLUNGEON .???? TO HAND IN MY gobbledy glitch,, ????

UPDATE He has completed 5 tiers now and only got my 2nd key..?????

I cannot load my super trinket on slot 5 at all.and I do not want to upgrade it if possible ..but it is now 10.1... NOW I cannot even SAVE IT in my 5th trinket slot...tried many times.(even at level 10 it wouldnt save .)..THis better not be mandatory....:(
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 12:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The Flungeon Starter Pack was giving out Flungeon Data 20.0 instead of Delver's Data! I've corrected this, and given everyone who previously bought the pack the proper amount of Delver's Data. You should see it in your inventories now.

Sorry about that!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 12:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I've just reduced the odds of encountering special bushes (mana, power, energy) in the Flungeon 20.0, as well as the frequency at which Power Bushes will spawn at a depth with Power Bushes.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 12:54 PM
Last Edited March 24th 2022 at 2:11 PM
BarbZak
ty for Delver`s data. I got mine in inventory, Nick..!!!
yeah those dam bushes for me (power is the worse for me).
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 1:10 PM
Last Edited March 27th 2022 at 11:48 AM
BarbZak
I understand you want something new, and you want to offer something different but for me at least, this is not it. This is just going to make me want to walk away. People like BW2 because of its simplicity, because it's a way to while away an hour or two in a relaxing manner, not because it's something you have to overcome to proceed.

We, or at least I as I should not speak for others, don't want to be frustrated by this game. We want it be relaxing with cute characters that have an ongoing tale and some terrible puns. Not something that means we have to do actively pointless things in order to move forward.

Anyway, that was a bit of an essay but I wanted to explain why I've said what I've said and not just say "Don't do this" which isn't helpful.

from AC,,

I SOLELY Agree this is way too much thinking or something and it is also confusing BIG TIME....IMO..

There is no story etc etc to this..wayy too much diff things going on to my liking as well.I did a sudoku puzzle tho..(yukk)...

This game was once fun to play, well not anymore. Even my runes etc are not working or doing what they are supposed too do....
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 2:53 PM
Last Edited March 24th 2022 at 2:58 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
I'm still working my way through everyone's feedback, which I very much appreciate you sharing with me! The negative as much as the positive. Both are constructive and will help me tailor a better experience for you all.

Please note that the Flungeon is not intended to be a replacement for normal content, which will continue to be in the typical format, with all its humor and adventure.

The Flungeon is simply a more complex replacement for completing the Flux fields over and over for Flux Dust. Something you do while waiting for the next permanent content update, having played through all the existing adventures and quest hubs. Instead of re-doing the same field continuously, you work towards a longer term goal with its own unique rewards.

If your current depth is too costly, simple reboot the dungeon to make it easier and go farther. You'll still be earning Flux Dust like before, but also more things at the same time.

I hope this better explains the purpose of this update.

Please note that this update is not set in stone yet, and I'm very keen to adjust it for a more enjoyable experience if possible. Keep the feedback coming!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Zingman wrote:

Initial feedback:

First puzzle is 100 pieces, if they're all that size for the first tier that's 500 for 3 flux dust. Previously it'd be 432 for that many, not a good way to start off.

Also keeping with the 100-piece theme, it's too much. Can't find the thread discussing the test dungeon you did last year, but if I remember correctly they were 25 piece puzzles (up to 18 of them [depths]). That was too few pieces and too many this is going in the opposite direction. Also haven't found mana/power bushes yet, but those in a 100-piece puzzle field sounds like a miserable experience.

The Dust per puzzle piece is a little less that the original 144 piece flux puzzle because you will regularly encounter the Fountain Depth after depth 5. This depth has no puzzle so it's factored into the Flux Dust calculation per dungeon tier.

You will also occasionally get a slide or Sudoku puzzle instead of a field, which doesn't cost energy/mana to complete.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 3:20 PM
Last Edited March 24th 2022 at 3:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
MarcInOakland wrote:

I have to completely agree with Anubischick. I don't remember (when doing the Prismatic areas, or wherever the "special" bushes were first introduced) ever having all 6 bushes in the area be the "special" ones before -- so if 5 were power bushes, you could just keep whacking at that one non-special one until you got back 3 power, and then remove one of the special ones again. Twice today I had no power and had 6 power "special" bushes in the Flungeon. Returning to the Flux 20.0 at least let me use up some mana until I was able to get back 3 power, but (since it no longer can get Flux 20.0 puzzle pieces -- and assuming that the 4 missing trinkets will eventually be introduced, we will someday need to solve four more Flux 20.0 puzzles, it doesn't feel "right.")

At least limit the number of "special" bushes. 5 for maximum frustration, 4 for still-mostly-fun. But 6 is just agonizing.

I've already reduced the likelihood of encountering Energy/Mana/Power Bushes at a given Flungeon depth.

That being said, limiting how many special bushes are out might be a proper compromise, letting you continue to whack in the field until you gain enough resources to clear out the special bushes. I'll see about limiting them to a maximum of 4.

Thanks for the suggestion!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 3:32 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

I see jpl has completed 4 tiers and I got only 1 key.Are we not supposed to get a reward from EACH TIER he has completed by being the 1st player..I see he was a busy beaver big time.gg..jpl....and I CANNOT FIND THE GLITCH KEEPER..IN FLUNGEON .???? TO HAND IN MY gobbledy glitch,, ????

UPDATE He has completed 5 tiers now and only got my 2nd key..?????

I cannot load my super trinket on slot 5 at all.and I do not want to upgrade it if possible ..but it is now 10.1... NOW I cannot even SAVE IT in my 5th trinket slot...tried many times.(even at level 10 it wouldnt save .)..THis better not be mandatory....:(

I wanted to try adding a community element to the Flungeon, as they often resonate with the player base here. I encountered a similar thing to these "first to reach X gets everyone a reward" in another game I had played, and thought it was neat! Naturally, the most dedicated players will likely unlock these goals for the rest of the players. I am hoping everyone else will find the rewards satisfying, as well as seeing how far the community has made it in the dungeon.

The Glitchkeeper is in the Fountain Depth, which can appear after depth 5 at any tier. I'm already looking at letting you turn in trinkets at the Flux 20.0 entrance for your convenience.

Hrmm.. It could be your old Super Trinket is still saved to that slot. I'll look into that bug. Thanks for letting me know!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 3:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
If a lot of folks really aren't enjoying the Flungeon way of earning Flux Dust, I may change it so the Flungeon is a more lucrative way to earn Flux Dust (on top of its other rewards), but you can still complete the old Flux puzzles for 1 per.
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 3:50 PM
IamGroot
Thank you for adjusting the max quantity of special bushes in a field. I think it's too early for me to give any constructive feedback.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 4:42 PM
Last Edited March 24th 2022 at 4:47 PM
BarbZak
ty Nick for info on GlitchKeeper. but then it did say to return to the latter,...OH for that matter when at 5th depth let the Gobbledy Glitch show to hand in..to the
keeper that is also at depth 5 just saying....IMO

UPDATEL I SEE my updated super trinket in slot 2 BUT I want it in slot 5 and it will not work in slot 5 .......I need a drink...lolol
236 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 6:35 PM
Anubischick
Hi Nick,

Thanks for listening I really appreciate the fast response. It's not the response I want, as I really want those bushes gone, but a compromise of a maximum (I'd prefer 3 if possible) and at least 1 flux still allowing the gathering of flux dust so you can use it to build up a better supply of needed currency for those coloured bushes would make this less onerous.

I get this isn't the on-going content with aforementioned cute characters and terrible puns (which I like, I should have made that clear), but the flux itself has become a bit of a relaxing spot, where the BW can chill and just nibble away at that super trinket and dream of the days to come and adventures yet to unfurl, so while it's not scripted content, it is content.

I'm hoping tweaking will continue so that players will choose to stay, there are a couple of discords for BW2 out there and some of the comments (including my own) have been along the lines of walking away, and like most I don't really want to do that.

I have another suggestion, though I understand this may not be possible to do, allow a reboot after a depth, not a tier. That way if someone does run into those bushes and really can't stand them/can't progress they can simply reboot the flungeon and get a, hopefully, different random effect.

Also, I don't know if there is a timer or something in the background to prevent the same effect showing up in two depths in a row, but if there isn't perhaps implement one. That way you won't run up against the same barrier depth after depth.

Time to head back into the flungeon and see what the next bit holds (and more feedback, probably)

Cheers
AC
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 7:42 PM
Brf777
Nope. I am still seeing 5 power bushes in tier 1 field 1.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 24th 2022 at 7:45 PM
Russel Denton
so im going to chime in and say my piece about the flungeon....

Firstly the special bushes first appeared in a Nate or Kaine quest in the Salt Desert, and if i remember rightly enough players "Enjoyed" the bushes, so i guess that's why nick added them to the recently released (Last Year) Prismatic Passage zone part 1, and the current Flungeon, on that note

Secondly, last year Nick did something similar, called THE LOST WOODS or something like that, which i know for a fact was plagued with bugs/glitches, i hope this time round is a lot better and such,

so from what i have read already there is no love for the special bushes, and no liking for the amount of puzzle pieces we have to whack up, i have come up with a possible solution....

- Firstly the puzzle pieces, what if it was changed to 28 puzzle pieces per field equaling too 144 puzzle pieces per Tier, hope that made sense

- Special bushes - it seems nick is fixing this atm,

happy to hear folks thoughts