Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Q&A 8 - December 2nd, 2020
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 10:27 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins today at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 GMT).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 11:30 AM
Last Edited December 2nd 2020 at 11:34 AM
Dutchgirl79
Hi Nick

Some more questions about the interior/furniture for the ranch and island cottage.

Will there also be doorframe walls like what you see in Natalie's house?
These will be useful for creating rooms.

Thank you (^o^)
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 12:07 PM
forgingaheart
walls with a window opening would also be nice to be able to buy. been busy figuring out how to extend the ranch house out back all the way to the river to enlarge the house so a wall with a side facing the viewer with exterior appearance would also be nice one day
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 12:29 PM
Last Edited December 2nd 2020 at 12:30 PM
Flybaby
Great idea, Dutchgirl. I am also wishing for large rectangle rugs with various patterns, like you see in some houses in the commons, or houses we visit during xmas event etc. (same in size as the zebra rug we have) Would be a nice asset to our ranch and island houses.
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 12:33 PM
Dutchgirl79
@Flybaby

That too. Rectangle rugs. These are comfy in real life.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 1:50 PM
M00NF0X
Hi Nick,

Just downloaded this game in preparation of flash ending and I'm wondering if there is any way that the developer's could make the cameras perspective closer and more like it is on the website version?

With my vision as it is, even going full screen doesn't help that much and chat is even that much harder to see. I'm a longtime player and a big fan of this game but this is going to be a big issue for me.
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 2:48 PM
Last Edited December 2nd 2020 at 2:57 PM
BarbZak
I am trying to find the many ranch suggestions I posted on forum last year.

Some suggestions were for a door to open plus a doorbell that works,,also pick our own color for the door ,,blinds for windows and or curtains..,,,change the exterior color of house/roof.(choose from list of colors as well) oh yeah and a chimney with active smoke coming out of it..).Name our ranch (Barb's Ranch)on a big sign. Planter boxes of various sizes..

The list was endless...

Also good suggestions from ppl above....as well!!!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Dutchgirl79 wrote:

Hi Nick

Some more questions about the interior/furniture for the ranch and island cottage.

Will there also be doorframe walls like what you see in Natalie's house?
These will be useful for creating rooms.

Thank you (^o^)

Walls with door frames is a great idea! I'll note it down and see if we can add some in a future update. Thanks for the suggestion!
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:05 PM
carrie1950
Thanks for the help the other day about my camel, I had not in fact done the required site, did it and all is well. Ty again.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
forgingaheart wrote:

walls with a window opening would also be nice to be able to buy. been busy figuring out how to extend the ranch house out back all the way to the river to enlarge the house so a wall with a side facing the viewer with exterior appearance would also be nice one day

That's a neat idea! I'll note this down. Sounds like you've got some serious ranch renovations planned :D
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Great idea, Dutchgirl. I am also wishing for large rectangle rugs with various patterns, like you see in some houses in the commons, or houses we visit during xmas event etc. (same in size as the zebra rug we have) Would be a nice asset to our ranch and island houses.

I remember you suggesting this, Flybaby! Would be super neat. Still on the list. :D
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:09 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
I would love to see another opportunity for players to have an upcoming NPC named after them, with the outfit of their choice from current inventory. When this was initially offered the one time it was done for an extra life incentive, game content was rolling out more quickly. This time, depending on Georgia, it could be less time consuming in the short run, and something that could be offered for a premium purchase. I understand it was a very popular redemption item at the time.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:09 PM
Flybaby
I would even be happy with an Attic for our treasures or a basement for our junk. lol That way we don't have to have an extension for our house.
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:11 PM
BarbZak
Flybaby..

Like this idea..or even a basement for ranch !!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
M00NF0X wrote:

Hi Nick,

Just downloaded this game in preparation of flash ending and I'm wondering if there is any way that the developer's could make the cameras perspective closer and more like it is on the website version?

With my vision as it is, even going full screen doesn't help that much and chat is even that much harder to see. I'm a longtime player and a big fan of this game but this is going to be a big issue for me.

Very fair concern! However, there are ways! If you're using Windows 10, there's a Magnifier app built in that you can use.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-magnifier-to-make-things-on-the-screen-easier-to-see-414948ba-8b1c-d3bd-8615-0e5e32204198

And I believe a similar thing for Mac:

https://www.lifewire.com/zoom-apples-built-in-screen-magnifier-198673

I hope that helps!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

I am trying to find the many ranch suggestions I posted on forum last year.

Some suggestions were for a door to open plus a doorbell that works,,also pick our own color for the door ,,blinds for windows and or curtains..,,,change the exterior color of house/roof.(choose from list of colors as well) oh yeah and a chimney with active smoke coming out of it..).Name our ranch (Barb's Ranch)on a big sign. Planter boxes of various sizes..

The list was endless...

Also good suggestions from ppl above....as well!!!

A doorbell is a great idea, and I think it's pretty feasible with the system! I've made sure it's noted down.

Blinds and curtains you can choose the colour of would be excellent additions as well! We'll see if Georgia can whip some of those up.

I've been meaning to add a few things you can set a custom tooltip on, like a big sign or whathaveyou. Great ideas!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Glad to hear you got your camel, carriebell0950!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:17 PM
Flybaby
Nick just a question regarding opening the zip file for the download version. I had a free trial for a popular app, but it expired. Are there other zip openers that you could recommend?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy) wrote:

I would love to see another opportunity for players to have an upcoming NPC named after them, with the outfit of their choice from current inventory. When this was initially offered the one time it was done for an extra life incentive, game content was rolling out more quickly. This time, depending on Georgia, it could be less time consuming in the short run, and something that could be offered for a premium purchase. I understand it was a very popular redemption item at the time.

It was a very neat incentive! Thanks for bringing it up again. We'll see about doing it next year.