Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Q&A 8 - December 2nd, 2020
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:37 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
I could actually use 2 more trinket sets for playing, and 1 for testing, but having 5 is hard enough to handle, without being able to give them a label, plus more trinket sets would make it harder to handle.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:38 PM
Last Edited December 2nd 2020 at 3:42 PM
BarbZak
Flybaby...

When all sets are done...just select 1 or 2 or 3 and voila your sets will change. Mine doo..!!
I do have set 1 /2 diff..so it does change automatically. I keep track of my sets. as well.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:39 PM
Last Edited December 2nd 2020 at 3:40 PM
Flybaby
Nick, It's just that I have so many combinations. One for my regular trinkets, one for turn ins with my tW and TT trinkets, one for diggery. If I don't pay attention, I find it easy to use the wrong one. Like I said, that's me. You did a fantastic job.
Would a label help? Maybe
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:40 PM
forgingaheart
Nick. another thing i would love for the ranch is the ability to have "night" descend on the ranch/island. right now we'll be pulling out lighted Christmas or other holiday decor items as we decorate with abandon. However, the lit-up reindeer and strings of lights and trees and especially the Hanukkah menorah for the Festival of Lights isn't quite the same cheerfulness in the daylight as at night.

also, the fireworks item from the patriot festival needs a bring on the night function whenever the fireworks at used.

Truthfully i'd love it to work somewhat like the same way the night shows up when the theater quest is active
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:41 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
It's been suggested multiple times to be able to name/label the sets, as Kate suggests. Would that help your issue Flybaby?

Could maybe even let you pick an icon for the slot or something too...
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:44 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
forgingaheart wrote:

Nick. another thing i would love for the ranch is the ability to have "night" descend on the ranch/island. right now we'll be pulling out lighted Christmas or other holiday decor items as we decorate with abandon. However, the lit-up reindeer and strings of lights and trees and especially the Hanukkah menorah for the Festival of Lights isn't quite the same cheerfulness in the daylight as at night.

also, the fireworks item from the patriot festival needs a bring on the night function whenever the fireworks at used.

Truthfully i'd love it to work somewhat like the same way the night shows up when the theater quest is active

Having a nighttime on the ranch where the lit items could glow would be super cool! Thanks for referencing that the theater has a similar effect. It's something I can look into.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:45 PM
Last Edited December 2nd 2020 at 3:46 PM
BarbZak
Flybaby.

this info from blog....

You can also use the keyboard buttons Q, W, E, R, T equip the corresponding trinket set without having to click the buttons with your mouse.

maybe try the latter..
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:46 PM
Flybaby
Labels could help Nick. Right now there are so many combinations. So unless you make them entirely different it's easy to get confused.
17 Posts
Wisteria04
I really love the trinket sets! So handy for switching things up.

I was wondering if it would be possible at some point to have the clothing/hair etc. options set up so they were all visible like the hats/capes etc. It it very time consuming having to go through them one at a time.

Thanks for all the great things you and Georgia do for us. :)
49 Posts
jelab
Chat here is so much easier where people can write what they want to say, rather than just one or two words with a fast scroll.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:49 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Wisteria04 wrote:

I really love the trinket sets! So handy for switching things up.

I was wondering if it would be possible at some point to have the clothing/hair etc. options set up so they were all visible like the hats/capes etc. It it very time consuming having to go through them one at a time.

Thanks for all the great things you and Georgia do for us. :)

Glad you're liking trinket sets!

With how many shirts and hairstyles we've added, I can see the utility in making those more accessible. I'll note it down to consider for a future update.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Ain't that the truth, jelab!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Also, it's our pleasure, Wisteria04! You're a wonderful community to work with :)
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:53 PM
Flybaby
Barb, I have no problem at all in understanding how to use the trinket sets. I was just answering Nicks question about why I prefer to limit mine to two sets. I have all 5 set up, but I really don't need that many right now.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:55 PM
BarbZak
This forum chat is awesome as well..Now,, I can see what I actually want to say...whew.
Good job Nick..:D
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:57 PM
Flybaby
Just a little idea for Wisteria ... it's fun to have a few mannequins set up with your favorite outfits, hair, etc. if you want a quick change it's just one click. Love Love Love those mannequins. So much fun.
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 3:58 PM
Last Edited December 2nd 2020 at 4:03 PM
BarbZak
Flybaby....ik you know how it works..I thought maybe you couldn't rem what you chose for each set..is what I was getting at....ss..misread,
That is why I have only have 2 sets which is good for now..

Also,,,I have all mannequins now..Happy here..:D👏👏
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 4:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for all the great questions, and I hope those quietly reading this after the fact find it informative.

And a reminder that I'll be popping into the CNE Games chat room on Friday at 2 PM Pacific Time for the classic Developer Chat Session, since yesterday's livestream was postponed. Hope to see you then!
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 4:02 PM
jelab
Later Nick, enjoy
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 2nd 2020 at 4:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
So glad to hear the mannequin appreciation! Grats on completing the collection, BarbZak!