Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Carnival Event 2013!
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2013 at 11:10 AM
Last Edited July 26th 2013 at 11:11 AM
Ken Layden
Hurray, the Carnival is back in town! Find Carnival Tickets in bushes and use them to play all the available Carnival Games! Earn Prize Tokens for playing, and use those to buy some of the 12 new unique Carnival items for yourself and your house! One of the new items is a Whack-A-Nate game! All the carnival games will unlock periodically during the first week of the event. This event will run until August 9th at Noon PDT! Good luck!

----
Post all comments/questions about this event here!
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2013 at 12:47 PM
Bonnie Bonnie
How do you play those games? Are they playing themselves and you just need to 100% rigg them or else... I just don't get that popping... -.-
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2013 at 1:02 PM
Joe Gosselin
Wack a Nate... oh yeah, first prize to purchase.
@Bonnie, the game are played automatically, you can increase your chances to win with help from friends. 100% is not required but the higher % the more chance you have to master a game.
189 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2013 at 2:08 PM
Last Edited July 26th 2013 at 2:11 PM
Luca D'Agostini
The WHACK-A-NATE!!! Thanks! Thank you very much! I always dreamed of such fantastic gadget! Man, it's the first time I'm glad to see his dumb face!

P.S: that bald female clown with that pointy hat sure is creepy as hell.
678 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 26th 2013 at 7:17 PM
jpl77
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Summer_Carnival_2012

no current entry on the 2013 version of the carnival (YET), but for a quick go to reference you can look up last year's....
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 4:01 AM
Bonnie Bonnie
I'm a little disappointed about the Whack-A-Nate item... I thought it would be interactive, like trampoline...Otherwise, great event!
678 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 27th 2013 at 12:30 PM
jpl77
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Summer_Carnival_2013
189 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 28th 2013 at 6:58 AM
Luca D'Agostini
I'm wondering... if you whack the whack-a-nate, the real nate feel pain? I hope so...
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 28th 2013 at 7:12 PM
Ruth Orozco
Ummmm, just had a surreal experience...my game loads slowly these days because I'm on a laptop using a "borrowed" wireless connection (long story). So imagine my surprise when the "box" for the carnival event was loading and the narrative read something like this--"welcome to the bacon event--the goal is to eat so much bacon that you die and get a bacon gnome at the end of the event."
I remember the tongue in cheek bacon event, but don't remember that description! Was that really what it said or is this a glitch we weren't meant to see?! Kind of dark...
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 28th 2013 at 7:42 PM
Raymond
that happens every time you load, provided you have a really slow load. It's a 'default'. Even happens when there is no event happening i think. But I hardly see it myself, my slow netbook is faster then that. I do remember that the percentage compoleteness number was interesting looking and never changed.
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 9:35 AM
Ken Layden
@Ruth that is a rather odd occurrence. If the issue persists by all means please submit a support ticket.
@Luca -If everyone with a Whack-A-Nate used it I don't think he would feel very well.
678 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 1:20 PM
jpl77
@ruth and Ken (I get to teach a dev about something, lol)

this is the screen you witnessed:
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Bacon_Event#Other_Bacon_Event
Lvl 370 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 1:50 PM
Carlene Paquette
Ok... have completed 2 of the games so far. My complaint is that it takes forever to play them and use up the tickets I have collected. And there is so much clicking.

Yes I'd like to play - click
Thanks - click
Long wait, collect tokens and repeat
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 5:53 PM
Ruth Orozco
that's pretty funny--thanks for the link. Jason!! Ken, I wouldn't worry about it...I'm on a laptop with a very poor signal. Once I get back on my PC with a proper modem, I'm sure it will resolve itself. For now, it's just memory lane...
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 6:15 PM
Last Edited July 29th 2013 at 6:16 PM
Raymond
Ken, being the 'new' guy is apparently unaware of these bacon[bits, I mean easter-eggs.
http://forum.djartsgames.ca/?thread_id=4441
but here it turned into the short bacon event severral months ago
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 29th 2013 at 6:58 PM
LadyWizard
The actual bacon event was april fool's day
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 30th 2013 at 9:23 AM
Last Edited July 30th 2013 at 9:24 AM
Ken Layden
Next year I hope there is a Bacon Pancake event. ;)
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 30th 2013 at 2:07 PM
Ben Strijker
I have a problem with this event, not the event it self but my friends list.
The problem is that 1/3 of my friends have 0% progress. Is it because they really do not play the event or because something is wrong.

If it is because they are notplaying then I have some removing to do. Otherwise I will have to figure out an otherway to "sort out" my "friends".
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 30th 2013 at 2:21 PM
Raymond
roughly a third of my friends don't ply either, but I'll not delete them, they do open the game to send energy packs. And you never know, they might start playing any time.
For example, a friend in BW1 just opened their house expansion after perhaps not playing for a year.
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 30th 2013 at 4:01 PM
Joe Gosselin
another option, is that they stock their ticket until a lot of friend answer their need for help, once with lot of help they spend the tickets with a higher percentage (that's what i do). Not everyone play everyday.