Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Nate's Agrabush Adevnture!
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 19th 2013 at 11:08 AM
Ken Layden
Nate Dragon needs to be rescued from Agrabush Jail! Once you've completed Nate's Tropical Island adventure and reached the Ancient Port zone in the crumbling desert city of Agrabush talk to the Town Crier in the Commons about starting Nate's latest adventure.

------

Post all your questions/comments about this new Nate Adventure here!
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 19th 2013 at 11:26 AM
Jo Helmers
on it
Lvl 330 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 19th 2013 at 3:31 PM
Thomas Stump
having fun trying to find the jail. lol
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 19th 2013 at 3:41 PM
jpl77
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Nate%27s_Adventures#Nate.27s_Agrabush_Adventure_-_Help_Nate_escape_from_jail.21
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2013 at 4:32 AM
Kristy Parmley
The town crier has new Nate quest for me..has anyone else experienced this?
Lvl 307 "Always Questing"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2013 at 7:33 AM
Jesse Grant
Yeah, I'm out. Nate's Pirate Adventure was a giant waste of 30,000 energy. Seriously? Farming 3 different things in a zone I'd already completed was painfully dull, the prizes were lame, there wasn't a good artifact, just some tentacles in a box. For 30,000 energy I could have solved the Flux Six times. Nate's missions are always stupid, always boring, and almost never worth it (I do like my ice wand, which was the only genuinely interesting Nate adventure). I'm sick of it, sick of him, and personally, I found the Monkey Island "Tribute" did nothing besides make me long to be playing a better game. As an homage, it fell short. Personally, I'd rather have my 30,000 energy back.
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2013 at 8:26 AM
Ben Strijker
@Jesse; if you want to avoid spending energy on a map that you already completed. Then you just have to stop playing for like 3 months - 6 months. Then when you come back you get the quests at the time you were suppose to get them in stead of after them. This problem you are having only appears because you are too far ahead.

Nate is indeed a bit over ambitious from time to ... constant. But can you blame him he is considered to be the greatest adventurer of all time. If you are not the one they adore then someone else will be. Then he will just be an adventurer like you ...
Lvl 307 "Always Questing"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2013 at 9:08 AM
Jesse Grant
@Ben, sorry, a) don't buy your logic about Nate. His actual missions are dull and the pay offs not worth it. b) skipping the game for 3 to 6 months means I drop it for good. I don't come back to games I've stopped. I play two games essentially, BW2 and Galaxy Legion. I play both three times a day for about 10 minutes total each time. I have other things to do. Nate's missions are lifeless, he's useless as a character and not funny, and if I were the Bush Wacker I'd probably have hit him with a pegleg.

I don't do the hermit's quests because I've completed that zone and wasting energy there is pointless. I don't do token crafting because almost all the crafted tokens are worthless, which means I don't buy the tokens from the store because the ones I find are better. Side missions should have payoffs that are worth the time and effort. 30,000 energy is more than a week's worth of energy. In 1 week I can go through an entire zone. That's 12 puzzles, plus the bonus puzzle, plus half a dozen customization items.

I'm just not going to do any more Nate puzzles. Every time I just feel like Nate's missions are put into the game by the Devs just to waste the maximum amount of player time and effort. For the invested time, the pay off should be awesome, not meh.

Also, skipping 3 to 6 months would mean skipping out on 4 DJarts tokens a day and 4 bush bucks a week. I'm already wasting 10-20 minutes a day just burning through hammers and bushes in BW1 and EBA1&2 just to get tokens, and I hate the EBA games. They're beyond stupid and pointless. I only play them for the tokens. BW1 is like retrogaming without the fun.
Lvl 178 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
83 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 20th 2013 at 6:55 PM
Marc Levac
Anyone think there's a way to remove those spider webs from that buried chest?
Lvl 437 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
71 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 1:14 AM
Adi Star
That is what I want to know too Marc :D
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 1:22 AM
Ben Strijker
Encountered a small bug/glitch.

When I completed the 42 piece puzzle and talked to Nate he disappeared. Could not do anything else so I restarted the game and he was back, I could move and solve switch assignment.

@Jesse; my logic is that if you don't want to misuse the energy on a map then you got to wait long enough till Nate has started his adventure. And then start that map so that you do not misuse the energy.

furthermore Jesse; if you really spend 30.000 energy on it you are doing something wrong. Maybe you should change your trinkets or get some lucky charm to help with the power multiplier. I complete most of Nate's adventures in 2 days, some people are already done in just 1 day.
Lvl 178 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
83 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 4:42 AM
Marc Levac
I had the same thing happen Ben.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 4:47 AM
jpl77
same thing. I had to refresh to use the levers. this nates was way too easy. I had it done in 24 hours and it would have taken less if I was actually at home.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 2:47 PM
Raymond
to those who complain, I'm going to say what others say to me,
If you don't like the game then just don't play the game.
nuf said?

No, I'll modify that, don't play the Nates Adventures. There is NOTHING forcing you to play his adventures. He's totally optional. You can complete the game, get to 100%, and get to max level without doing him at all. And the way he's programmed is so that you DO have to 'waste' energy doing things you have already done. You don't like that then don't do that, period. If he's doable in a day then he's doable in way less then 30,000 energy. I wouldn't know. I'm taking my time to do him. I'm away from home and am not playing the normal half a dozen times a day, I'll only playing once a day and have only gotten to the water for the cement. Doesn't bother me. The flux can wait.
102 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 4:20 PM
Nick Smith
flux is over rated anyhow.

iv been ignoring it the last 2 times to work on low areas I passed by like the pine forest and swamps.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 7:24 PM
Elizabeth Brown
Did you guys figure out the spider webs?
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 21st 2013 at 8:31 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
No idea Elizabeth, it looks like I have only done 8 nate adventures according to the achievements, and I know that before this adventure came up, there was an achievement for helping nate out of nine jams... so... odd.
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 22nd 2013 at 4:03 AM
justme
anyone know what to do with that spider web?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 22nd 2013 at 5:06 AM
Last Edited July 22nd 2013 at 5:07 AM
Raymond
don't know anything about the spider web.
but the achievement is clearly, like every other main play content update, in preparation of the next Nates quest perhaps 3 months from now. Don't you love how the Developers prepare for that ahead of time? I have not checked but they also usually do the same thing for the Secret Bonus Areas achievement too.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 22nd 2013 at 9:11 AM
Ken Layden
@Jesse, you have given a lot of feedback and I am curious to hear what you would like to see in the game instead of something like Nate.

@Elizabeth, currently there is no way to open the chest covered in the spider webs.