Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Gorgeous Garden Photo Contest!
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2013 at 1:36 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
The Gorgeous Garden Photo Contest is part of the Bush Whacker 2 Spring Event! Talk to the photographer in the event area to submit your garden – he'll take a screenshot for you, so you don't have to worry about uploading it! The best pictures can win up to 250 Bush Bucks! See full contest details on the contest page by talking to the photographer in the event area. The contest closes at the same time the event does – on May 17th at Noon PDT!

----

Please post all comments/questions regarding this contest here!
22 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2013 at 3:09 PM
justme
i have a question : If i win the contest and winn bb i will can buy the last year items? i can't buy all of them beause i don't have enough bb :( i buy the sword and hat and want the gnome and cape too :(...... so if i winn the men where i buy will be there for a time or will gone too with the evet?(sorry for bad grammar)
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2013 at 3:55 PM
Bonnie Bonnie
The event will finish before you gain BB if you win... You can read the instructions in the game and you'll be able to see that.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2013 at 4:12 PM
jpl77
Noemi, how many prizes are they in total?
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 3rd 2013 at 5:04 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
As per the contest page:

Prizes

First place: 250 Bush Bucks
Second place: 200 Bush Bucks
Third place: 150 Bush Bucks
User's Choice award: 15 Bush Bucks
Lvl 420 "Dr. Hatchesalot"
6 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 5th 2013 at 6:09 PM
Marilyn Morrison
How can we tell how many votes we have, just wondering.
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2013 at 10:26 AM
Ben Strijker
How many times can one participate in this part of the event?

With enough time and flowers ofcourse I can create some nice things. But if I can only submit one then I will have to think it trough.
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2013 at 12:34 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
You can update your design as many times as you want but every time you update your ranking will restart. Of course, if you're trying to impress the judges, that's probably worth it. Design > ranking when it comes to the top prizes.
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2013 at 1:14 PM
LadyWizard
Hate to say it but the ranking system has a few flaws... namely people entered empty gardens which are now top rated because they've had more time in the system
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2013 at 3:01 PM
Last Edited May 6th 2013 at 3:02 PM
jpl77
Is there a way to share our photo with our BW2 friends? ie a link to our garden with a voting button or to the contest page where our image is hosted? Something like the way BW1 does the House competition where you can post to your homefeed, etc..... Right now the process is anonymous (not sure if it was intended to be that way).
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2013 at 3:42 PM
Nora Bybee
why cant I see my plants after I harvest them? are they stored and if so, where
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2013 at 5:44 PM
Raymond
go into the garden and click on inventory, you can then place them anywhere in there, and also click the 'store' to get few other things you might want and will need if you want a certain achievement
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 6th 2013 at 9:32 PM
Nora Bybee
lol, gotcha Raymond, thanks
Post by Nora Bybee deleted May 6th 2013 at 9:35 PM
Post by Nora Bybee deleted May 6th 2013 at 9:35 PM
Lvl 330 "Master Bush Whacker"
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2013 at 1:14 AM
Luna Zoraida
I agree with Rosemarie; I would much prefer too see all entries and vote for what I liked most - not be forced into a vote to view all entries... a skip option to keep viewing entries or a page of 10/20 gardens to select a garden for a vote would be more suitable...
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2013 at 7:06 AM
Marci Wilson
I agree. I pretty much gave up on voting because I was forced to choose between two practically blank gardens for several pages. An option to skip voting or to have pages with more than two options would be great. It would also be nice to know how many votes your own garden has accumulated.

One thing I have noticed while editing my garden is that no item can be rotated. I have tried to rotate planter boxes and some of the larger flowers.
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2013 at 9:11 AM
Noemi Pomerleau
We adjusted the ranking system yesterday evening so that gardens that are downrated enough no longer appear, and that has severely cut down on the number of blank gardens in the system. Give it a try again. The more people rank, the faster the blank gardens will be eliminated. There are some really cool ones in there!

Luna - the reason we organized it in a head-to-head is so people can't scroll through, vote for their friends' gardens, and be done with it, essentially making it a popularity contest. This way you have to rate the gardens of strangers as well.
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2013 at 10:36 AM
Last Edited May 7th 2013 at 10:42 AM
Marci Wilson
There should still be an option to skip a page when you have two completely blank gardens to choose from. Something like this does not really warrant a vote.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt163/LaSinR/bwscreen.png
Lvl 330 "Master Bush Whacker"
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 7th 2013 at 12:28 PM
Luna Zoraida
I do like the anonymous side of the voting; however I still feel there is an issue here - like Marci's link shows, there are pages and pages of gardens that are blank or have very little, going through them all is tedious.