Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Stableyard & Pet update!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 10:12 AM
Last Edited January 26th 2013 at 10:19 AM
Raymond
Go to a playing field somewhere. Quick whack a set of bushes while you have a Pet following you. Do not Mana whack or Whack a Bush individually, you must Quick whack so that the Pet itself whacks some bushes. Your Pets level will go up a little for each whack he makes.
When you open the Inventory and hover your mouse over your active pet it will say something like Level 1 15/100, that 15 will increase for each Bush your Pet hits. That 100 goes up to 200, then 300... each time your Level increases. I have not counted or otherwise checked how many Bushes it takes my Pet to whack for that number to go up, but I heard one person say he only gets 1xp per bush but think that's a separate issue. I know it took perhaps a full bar of energy, i.e. ~20 quick whacks in an area with bushes worth 10 & 11 for it to level up, perhaps that was from level 4 to 5 as I said, I have not kept track.
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 2:41 PM
Ben Strijker
You can use Mana Wack your pet does get exp then (It works for me)
If you Power Wack then not.
Your pet wacks (with Quick Wack) 2-4 bushes.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 3:27 PM
Jean Davis
Raymond said "When you open the Inventory and hover your mouse over your active pet...".

That's my problem...it's blank!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 4:21 PM
Raymond
Yes, to use an existing Event Pet as a pet you have to convert it. There is a person right next to where you get the daily quests. He is very helpful, even has a what do you want to know about section. It takes a second to convert all your pets. And you can then have one follow you around and you can still have the other 2 walk around your ranch.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 5:15 PM
Ruth Orozco
Raymond, where is the person that can convert your pets? There are a few places for daily quests...could you narrow it down? Thanks...
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 5:22 PM
Ruth Orozco
Dang, once again I've answered my own question! The guy standing near Misty (next to the stables) can convert your existing pets to companion pets (for a price, of course!). Then it will show up in your inventory and you can activate it.
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 5:23 PM
Joe Gosselin
look at the dude next to Misty the egg girl.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 5:33 PM
Ruth Orozco
Thanks Joe...found it...:-)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 6:33 PM
Raymond
My 3 pets are 3 days 2 hours old. One is Level 2, another is almost Level 7 and the third is Level 5. Convert all yours, but don't bother using the snowman, he does not increase in odds per every level, it's more like every 3 levels, but that might be random and some other pet for you. Try one, perhaps one with a nice odds modifier like -nothings and keep using him... I will have a 4'th pet in about 16 hours.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 6:43 PM
Bill Beard
The others are a level-by-level progression, but you can understand the logic of Mana, Power and Energy bumps only being so often.
Lvl 109 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
510 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 7:15 PM
Noemi Pomerleau
Jean, if you still can't see your pet's stats, please submit a ticket about it! 8)

As to everybody who asked about max pet level, we're going to let you guys figure that out, but FYI from the levels you're quoting everybody has got a loooong way to go before they get there. ;)
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 1:42 AM
Jean Davis
I converted all my pets, and am using the reindeer while my kitty grows up. It gets 5 points per whack & mana whack, and 1 point when a friend whacks...level 3 1/2 now.

@Noemi - When these pets are not in use, will they go back to our ranch? I've done quite a few of Missy's tasks, and it still says 3/12.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 3:47 AM
Last Edited January 27th 2013 at 3:55 AM
Raymond
unless you bought any with BB's you could only be at most at 5/12 right now and the 6'th in about 7 hours. Its on;y the 3 to hatch a pet and the 3 to raise a pet to readyness that seem to count there.
go to your ranch right now and you can put all your converted but unused pets there right now, they are also still in your inventory.
Lvl 102 "Professional Monster Hunter"
52 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 10:45 AM
Ric Raymond Green III
Personally I think this pet idea is B.S. It takes about 6 quests to get the pet in the first place.3 quests to hatch it, and 3 more just to raise it so you can finally have it. Not to mention you can only do 1 quest a day, unless you wanna spend bushbucks. So basically it takes you a week to get the pet, and it doesnt do anything more than a trinket that you can purchase, or get free in the flux. Ridiculous! Quit stalling and come out with the new areas already. BLAH !
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 10:47 AM
Raymond
oops. I guess I was lucky with the other 5 quests, I did all of them easily with my allotment of energy. But right now I'm out of energy and am only 3 Milk Bottles away from completing this first Pet. So it'll be at least a few more hours till then.
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 11:42 AM
Alexandra Duhamel
I need help. I want to start on building the stable but no one is letting me. I have completed the town hall building and yesterday I finished the Olde Shoppe. I can't find anyone else in the Commons with a '!' who needs help. What do I have to do to get this process started?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 12:10 PM
Raymond
go behind the old shop
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 3:54 PM
Alexandra Duhamel
Thanks for your suggestion.

When I go behind the old shop, there is a girl standing by the fenced yard but she has no '!' above her. There is a turkey and a unicorn walking around inside the fence. What am I missing?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 4:51 PM
Raymond
If she has no exclamation point then you have not yet made the stables ready. You need lumber so go to the lumberjack at the sawmill.
What quests do you currently have active, if you are doing lumber for something else then you might have to wait a day or two...
14 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 27th 2013 at 7:09 PM
Alexandra Duhamel
Thank you! It turns out I had helped build the shoppe but had not gone inside and spoken to the dude to finish the quest. Now I am collecting wood to build the barn. Yippee!