Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7
Stableyard & Pet update!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 23rd 2013 at 9:55 PM
Raymond
Each Level you bring your Pets to increases their impact on some odds. i.e. The turkey at level 1 is something, at level 2 is a lot more of that something...
Lvl 330 "Master Bush Whacker"
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 12:59 AM
Last Edited January 24th 2013 at 1:03 AM
Luna Zoraida
What is the pets max level?
Will we be able to equip more than one pet at a time?
Does the pet need to be equipped for the odds to work? ... will we be able to have them equipped somehow without them running around ie: add them too the trinket slots.
What are the benefits of the snowman and turkey? I have the reindeer but am unwilling to purchase the other two as I would like the best of both worlds and keep our event pets at my ranch after purchasing... and how rare are the eggs?
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 4:21 AM
Marleen Larik
I can answer some of the questions:

> Will we be able to equip more than one pet at a time?

No

> Does the pet need to be equipped for the odds to work?

Yes

> ... will we be able to have them equipped somehow without them running around ie: add them too the trinket slots.

No

> What are the benefits of the snowman and turkey?

I'm not sure but I think the devs said that the benefits (bonus) of each individual pet were randomly selected at birth, so they could be different for you - my Turkey gives me "less nothing" and my snowman "+ max mana"

> I have the reindeer but am unwilling to purchase the other two as I would
> like the best of both worlds and keep our event pets at my ranch after
> purchasing...

They will remain on your ranch, until you equip them. When you unequip them, they go back to your ranch. It's pretty cool. When you're at your house, you can even equip them by clicking on them while they'r grasing around.

> What is the pets max level?
> and how rare are the eggs?

No idea! Sorry.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 5:46 AM
Raymond
5 might be the highest Level for a Pet, but it might keep on going after that, just look at your achievements.
I guess Ii was wrong, advancing a level of a pet does nothing. It appeared to have doubled the odds of something on one pet but that pets odds were probably glitched when it was born. I'm up to level 4 on another on and it has not changed.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 6:56 AM
Bill Beard
Pets can go to at least level 10 (there's an achievement for it.)

Eggs can only be found when performing the Abandoned Egg quest.

The benefits vary: ex. the Turkey's stat effect increases each level, but the Snowman only increases 1 every 3 levels (1,4, 7, etc.)
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 6:57 AM
Bill Beard
Also, not only do unused companions hang around the ranch, you can click on them in the ranch to swap companions (without opening the items menu.)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 9:17 AM
Raymond
makes sense, the snowman is the third pet I worked on leveling up past level 2, and its the one I kept on going with because I like its action. Will go to another pet once I reach the first achievement of level 5.
Lvl 330 "The Great One"
78 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 10:21 AM
David Davison
So any idea what the max level of our companions is?
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 11:45 AM
Luna Zoraida
Thanks for the replies :D
To expand a little on a few of my questions, I was hinting at what the future plans for the pets were as it seems rather limited to invest a lot of energy into upgrading your pets but only to have one equipped at a time...
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 1:58 PM
Marleen Larik
I guess I see it differently - you don't really invest anything at all as all you do is have a pet tag along. It's not like you have to share your exp with your pet. It just happens as an added bonus. That is, if you don't BUY eggs. (Or just buy them with the bush bucks you get for logging in every now and then.)

It's actually a good thing that it takes so long for them to level up, as that gives me more time to accumulate more "free" bushbucks for the next egg.
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 2:46 PM
Luna Zoraida
I kinda see the pet as irritating and laggy at times and would prefer the odds to sit in the background like the trinkets.

Thanks for all your help Marleen :)

One more question ;) Will there be more trinkets in future updates? or are the pets replacing them...?
243 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 24th 2013 at 8:04 PM
Luna Zoraida
Would love to see the xp bar on the pet... when it is equipped.
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2013 at 4:27 AM
Dave Stone
I'd prefer a message that comes up at the bottom of the screen to inform me when the pet is levelling-up, When doing a quick-whack, If the pet level's, You have to click on the requester that appear's... in the middle of the screen.
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2013 at 6:30 PM
Pixie Michelle
if I hatch an egg I find, am I able to still hunt for other eggs or I would have to buy them?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2013 at 6:42 PM
Last Edited January 25th 2013 at 6:42 PM
Raymond
Once your Egg is done, at least 6 days because it takes 3 days to hatch it, and 3 more days for it to be ready, then you can probably do the quest to find another egg, and so on. It wouldn't make sense for it to be otherwise. But you have to finish this one first.
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2013 at 6:47 PM
Pixie Michelle
Thank you.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 25th 2013 at 9:52 PM
Bill Beard
Ray is correct. You may have only one Egg in the "Hatch - Grow - Grown" cycle at a time.
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 3:06 AM
Ben Strijker
At the Facebook group "DJArts Games MANSION" we are currently busy compiling information about pets.

My pet (snowman too bad rather had taken reindeer) is now level 10.
The next achivemnt level is 10 and I got a title for getting my pet to level 10 Apprentice Trainer.
Lvl 140 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
132 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 4:25 AM
Marleen Larik
Technically, it only takes 5 days to hatch and nurse your pet. When you complete the third task and it hatches, you get the 4th task right away (without having to wait 20 hours), so you can do two daily tasks in one day (provided you have enough energy).

I don't know if this is a bug, though; it doesn't look like it was intended.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 26th 2013 at 10:05 AM
Last Edited January 26th 2013 at 10:06 AM
Jean Davis
For whatever reason, I still cannot select a pet to level up. There is nothing to select, and clicking on a current pet does nothing. Am I supposed to talk to someone about trading my pets in? Is that how I get the same pet again...trade a snowman for a snowman?

Right now, I have hatched the Kitty, and have 2 more quests to complete before it's mine.