Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Thanksgiving Event!
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2012 at 5:30 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Whoops, I forgot to post here that we rolled out our Thanksgiving Event earlier this afternoon! This event involves a lot of cooking and a bit of turkey wrangling. Have fun!

Post comments/issues here!
Lvl 300 "Loves The Developers"
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2012 at 6:09 PM
Last Edited November 14th 2012 at 7:22 PM
Robert Gill
man, turned in a bunch of ingredients, but those cooks all say that it is not enough for a full dish. this is gonna take a while, lol.

edit: just realized that i had to talk to them multiple times to keep turning in my ingredients. *facepalm*
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2012 at 9:31 PM
Norma Thompson
where does it tell you how many ingredients that the different people want?
I had a lot and they all said they wanted ingredients ... I came back and they took them this time, but said it wasn't 'enough' and did about 3 times each ... and still 'not enough' :(
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2012 at 10:22 PM
Robert Gill
don't know how many they need each time, but just keep handing over your ingredients, 3 or 4 turn ins seems to be how many it takes to finish the meal, and then it will be added to one of the tables.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2012 at 10:26 PM
xandryyte - Terri
Believe it or not I had a thought earlier today (well, earlier on Wednesday) that it would be pretty neat to have a Thanksgiving event. Since it's only a holiday here in the States I dismissed it and made a mental note to come on here to mention it would be cool to have something Thanksgivingy for us. And here we go!

Not bad timing with me this time, I had some energy to play :)
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 14th 2012 at 11:32 PM
Bill Beard
For every 8 food items of any time (for each group, mind you,) you collect, you can talk to the chef once. When you do so, thing will appear on the prep table to the right of the chef. It looks like it takes 4 or 5 (I'm guessing 5 since that makes an even 40 items) complete sets (i.e. 32-40 items) to complete a dish. I am not sure how many dishes it will take to earn the Short Order Cook achievement (if items are appearing on the feeding tables, I must be blind as a bat...)
Lvl 220 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
73 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 6:01 AM
Sarah Fuller
how do you know when you have made a pristine version of a dish
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 8:03 AM
Raymond
keep saying you have ingredients, the game will tell you if you have enough.

is anyone else having issues playing? I can play 2-3 minutes then Flash crashes forcing me to reload the game which takes 4-5 minutes. This happens 4-5 times in a short session so that short session takes a whole hour. Please fix it,
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 9:49 AM
LadyWizard
Okay I'm confused... is the only special request order up right now for marshmallows or is there more I'm not seeing? Finished marshmallows and nothing new spawned on quest icon only quest in there I have going is 100 turkeys(up to 12)
Lvl 123 "Professional Monster Hunter"
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 10:51 AM
Henrique G Rezende
@Rosemarie:
I believe the only special quests right now are these two, Marshmallows and Save Turkeys, probably the other people will start asking for some special ingredients soon (small delays so we don't finish it in the first day I guess, haha)

I also have a question: What exactly increasing cooking skill does?
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 11:10 AM
Bill Beard
If I were to guess, speeds up the odds of making a pristine dish.
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 11:47 AM
Robert Gill
@Sarah, the pristine dishes appear on the fancy table, on the far right. and the chefs will make a comment after cooking it, that it was special. got 2 so far, besides the marshmallow thing from finishing that quest.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 11:59 AM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
Cooking skill increases the rate at which you gain event progress and increases your odds to cook pristine dishes.
Post by Toni McChargue deleted November 17th 2012 at 8:40 AM
Lvl 300 "Diamond Finder"
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 15th 2012 at 12:39 PM
Toni McChargue
Sorry, the pristine dish will be put on the main tables, the cook jumps up and down when you have all you need to make a whole dish that he needs.
57 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 16th 2012 at 10:15 AM
Koala
There's also a smiley face above the cook when it cooks a pristine dish.
Lvl 293 "The Great One"
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 16th 2012 at 6:05 PM
JuJuBie
So I have managed to make several of each type of dish, 5-7 each, but my meat dishes don't show up on any of my tables after being completed. The only one I have is a single turkey that just appeared the second to last time I completed a meat dish. I haven't been keeping an exact count, but I'm pretty sure I should have, at minimum, 5 meat dishes on my tables.
Lvl 212 "Power Player"
277 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 16th 2012 at 8:41 PM
Bill Beard
Meat dishes include turkey gravy and bread stuffing.
Lvl 293 "The Great One"
44 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 17th 2012 at 8:02 AM
JuJuBie
Ok, I have stuffing and turkey, but I don't see any gravy boats. I just earned the "Short Order Cook" achievement so I have made them, I just don't see them on my tables.
8 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 18th 2012 at 10:12 AM
Danielle Gignac
fyi...it's a holiday here in Canada as well.. :0)