| Page 1 2
Fishing
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 11:55 AM
Jean Davis
I did encounter one error while fishing during the tutorial:

JSONParseError: Unexpected S 83 encountered Invalid JSON - Parse Error[

Thanx for the perk, guys...now to find the other fishing holes. Wish there was some sort of play history so you could see what you got - kinda like in BW1.

Why do we have to buy bait?
Post by Heather Collings deleted May 29th 2012 at 1:21 PM
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 2:01 PM
Edna Dee
I can't find the fisherman at all. I've walked all over the Mysterious Forest (which I've finished a week ago) and am a total lost where to go to find him.
Anyone have some help, maybe a map to show where I can find this guy, please?
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 2:03 PM
Karine Déry
look right side of the main area where the npc are
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 2:05 PM
Edna Dee
Oh! I feel so stupid, must have passed him right up :/
Thanks so much, Karine... much appreciated :D
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 3:02 PM
Nate Dauer
I actually walked full circle around the Mysterious Woods before I realized Steve was right in the middle of it, not the edge. :P
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 3:32 PM
Edna Dee
Same here.. hehehe. Now to find where to fish besides the place where he teaches you :)
Lvl 45 "Professional Bush Whacker"
30 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 3:47 PM
Heather Chipka
Well one other place is in the commons to the right of the Lumber mill.
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 29th 2012 at 4:30 PM
Edna Dee
Thanks Heather!
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 2:07 AM
deblev53
I found one more spot at the falls, like they show with the fishing info. It's in the windy crest, past the girl with the homemade compass, then up and you'll see the guy who thinks he's an artist, you know, the statue "painter", LoL.The fishing spot is right there in the falls. Don't have any idea of the field number though. Happy Whacking. :)
Lvl 330 "The Great One"
78 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 4:16 AM
David Davison
Doesn't seem like there's all that great of fish in the pool, and the average fish bait only seems to slightly improve your chance to catch fish. I have to say, probably will stick to valuables bait under the current circumstances.
Lvl 45 "Professional Bush Whacker"
30 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 3:29 PM
Last Edited May 30th 2012 at 3:38 PM
Heather Chipka
I know where the "painter" guy is but I cannot find a waterfall. When I stand where he is, where do I go from there? Actually, never mind, it must be in a different zone that I cannot get to yet.
Lvl 103 "Is Puzzled"
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 4:38 PM
Amy Beckham
the painter guy is in two different spots.. mayybe 3 idk.. the waterfall you're talkin about though is in the 2nd mountain area.. the somethin "crest" lol (bad memory).. its in between the 1st and 2nd fields you cant miss him, waterfalls like right next to him.. i just got the fishing pole sword from that spot! :D Awesome!
Lvl 389 "Is Puzzled"
316 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 7:35 PM
deblev53
Sorry I wasn't much help but thought when I said in the windy crest, you would know where to go. There are only 2 statues the painter did, this is the second of the two, the one with actual color. :)
Lvl 300 "Diamond Finder"
65 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 8:28 PM
Toni McChargue
first fishing place I got a fishbowl, in the second one, by the mill, I got a hat. I also know in the one by the waterfall you get a fishing sword. Good luck fishing....
Lvl 55 "Receiver of Quest Rewards!"
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 10:55 PM
Perlin Pinpin
even though the popup said i won the captains hat, i got the scuba divers helmet, in windy crest. you say theres a sword there too ?
Lvl 102 "Santa Wannabe"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 30th 2012 at 11:51 PM
Peter Zammit
So far I have the fish bowl and the diving helmet. Guess ill continue fishing for the other two.
Lvl 176 "Professional Bush Whacker"
7 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2012 at 8:28 AM
Last Edited May 31st 2012 at 8:29 AM
Cherie Krusell
So far I have gotten a fish bowl ( from where the fisherman is) and from the fishing area in The Commons I got a wall fish that looks like a fish on a plaque.
Lvl 220 "Is Puzzled"
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2012 at 4:51 PM
Kat Vickers
i haven't got any of the custom items yet :(
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted May 31st 2012 at 8:05 PM
Jean Davis
Thanx Amy & Debbie! I'll go looking for the 3rd one now.

By Steve I got the green Fishing Hat w/lures on it, and by the Lumber Mill I got the Wall Fish.

So Steve also has a fishbowl, and there's a Captain's Hat, fishing sword & diver's helmet? Sound likethe beginning of a list to me...lol