Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
The Complaining-thread
Lvl 8 "Apprentice Bush Whacker"
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 9:09 AM
Oskar Silverberg
[I figured this new game needs one. Post your disappointments here.]

As I saw that "2" behind the Bush Whacker-logo I felt a small tingle but it took no more than a second before that tingly sensation was replaced by a sulk. How could you make Bush Whacker any better, yet alone make an entirely new game of it?

Obviously, the sequel is far from what we've learn to love. I'd go farther than that and say that's it the opposite of all the good things with the OBW (Original Bush Whacker). DJArts sold out and turned one of the ONLY games on facebook into yet ANOTHER game on facebook. Well done.

What do you despise in the new version?
The request-system?
The constant reminder to BUYBUYBUY?
The lack of those old-school graphics?
The abduction of Steve the Fisherman?
47 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 9:38 AM
James Reffler
what, Steve's GONE?????!!!!!
17 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 9:49 AM
Alisha Breithaupt
I do not like that we have to have friends that play to get anywhere in the game. I have 2 friends that might play this game and if they do they will play about once a month on average. I hate friending random people just to get somewhere in a game.

The sounds on this game are worse then the ones on the original BW.
Lvl 400 "Expert Trainer"
28 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 9:50 AM
Tanya
I hate that we now have to "buy" our house CIs. we find scrolls that are added to a catalog. Then we buy it from the catalog. If that's way your going to go then let us choice colors! Say instead of brown chairs let us have a choice between brown, white or black!
So far this is my only problem.
Yes the needing friends thing to open new areas suck but I have enough friends that are now playing this from the OBW that it is not a problem for me.
I do miss the energy packs. But being able to call friends is neat.
Lvl 67 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
339 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 9:58 AM
Kite_sama
Actually i think the more i hate for now about BW2 is the constant request from friends so they can do something, and have to ask for energy packs, those are the 2 things i most hate right now.
Lvl 363 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
151 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 10:32 AM
Jen Lyons
The CI thing is making me crazy, too, and having to either wait (a while) or pick up what the bushes drop yourself in order to get the bushes to regen. There was nothing wrong with the old system of gathering loot.

So far, four of my former BW1 friends are playing, and they're saying (right now) that you need at least 7 (or bush bucks) to open later areas. I'm really hoping some friends more friends check it out.
Lvl 240 "Needs More Energy!"
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 1:11 PM
Lisa Karr
that is IF you can invite them to help.. that is my issue I can not invite anyone to help me move the log.. so frustrating... hope they fix these bugs...
Lvl 74 "Nate's Apprentice"
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 2:13 PM
Nate Dauer
I actually like a lot of the new aspects, but there are some that are definitely a step backward in gaming-experience quality. Although I liked Steve, it's alright that he's not featured here as that a lot of people hated fishing, so it's understandable they would deem the feature not popular enough to bring to the new game.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 3:25 PM
Jean Davis
The whole game seems over-sized to me. I miss not being able to see an entire zone when I play, and the ability to travel to a different field if I want - like going back to the first area or Haven Commons.
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 3:41 PM
Oskar Silverberg
Fishing, in my opinion, was the embodiment of the good things with OBW.
Fishing gave you energy - for free. I also thought it was kind of mellow, fishing in the background while watching the latest episode of Dexter.
And the friend system! "Which friend can I help?", *click, click*, :-D. All gone.
Just the fact that you, with diligence and hard earned Bush-dollars, could buy anything in the game without having to pay real currency.

Oh, and to clear out my use of tense; I feel that OBW is a project past for the developers. Sure, we can try to comfort us with the thought of it still existing but in my cynical sense they're never adding anything else to the old one.

Golden cow, profitprofitprofit.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Bush Whacker 2 must be destroyed.

/The Nay-sayer
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 4:04 PM
Last Edited April 19th 2012 at 4:09 PM
Nate Dauer
I'm going to be mad if they use the same music for every 'whacking' area of the game. :P

What happened to the play history? I hope that included in this game.

Also, I think having our XP being based on a x5 scale is pointless. Just base it on a x1 scale so we can just look and see how much more energy we have to spend before we level up, or make it like BW1 and base it on a x2 scale. I never cared for MG's x5 scale, and I really don't like that that was carried over to here.
91 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 7:08 PM
sunnydee
I am not in love with this new BW2. It reminds me of Mystic Gaurdians (or whatever its called)which I played for one day and didnt like so deleted it. I love the Original Bush Whacker and promote it and DJArts as much as I can. BW2 is a step backwards in my opinion.
Lvl 105 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
886 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 7:37 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
I see people making silly assumptions... who said Steve was gone? it certainly wasn't us.
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 9:51 PM
Art Goddard
I must say DJarts games are Doing great trying to keep up with peoples demands and such,It must be very hard to think up story lines,yes story lines ..like writing a movie.well done guys DJ:))
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 10:26 PM
Last Edited April 20th 2012 at 8:38 AM
Michelle Reames
I don't like it. It seems juvenile to me. I don't like having to remember to ask for energy. I don't like getting into the request screen and finding it empty. I hate that I can't click on an area in the map and go there. I hate that I don't begin in the same screen I left when I've exited the game.

My entire Bush Whacker pleasure came because I did NOT need help or extra UNKNOWN friends to play. I can already see where people I've played BW1 with are twice as far as me because they have more friends.

I doubt complaining about it will change that, though. I think the devs were given a criteria by facebook and tried to match it. I have the feeling BW1 will eventually disappear and that will be a sad day to me.

Bush Whacker and Egg Breaker were unique, enjoyable games. Egg Breaker 2 is okay but BW2 is already driving me as nuts as Mystic Guardians did for the couple of hours I tried to play it. It's just not what I would expect from DJArts Games. :(
2 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2012 at 11:09 PM
Jane Diehl
tried to send request to friends to un block things wont let me post it
3 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 1:59 AM
Oskar Silverberg
...and where's the arena? The multitude of daily quest?
The references or odd quirks? Where's the school-basement filled with TNT?!
I even had a couple of ideas for you, David, to add to Bush Whacker (which the majority were written during heavy cases of insomnia) but now I fear that my BRILLIANT ideas only will be implemented into the misconceived clone of my favourite child.

Some might say "if you don't like it - don't play it".
Well my reply is:
"If you don't like to read complaints - don't open the Complaints-thread.
xoxo"

(To DJArts: The negative feedback is actually an ode to the first Bush Whacker. It was, in my humble opinion, the best game on facebook and it saddens me that this new one even bears the same name. Oh, and I thought it might be good to gather all the complaints in one thread. You're still my favourite game-developers, don't you worry.)
Lvl 137 "Expert Bush Whacker"
39 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 3:00 AM
Sarah Fischer
I just wish the send an energy thing was down there at the bottom on BW2 like it is in OBW...
741 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 6:14 AM
Nate Dauer
It's way too early for things like an Arena or a bunch of quests to be introduced into the game.
Lvl 440 "The Great One"
56 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2012 at 8:12 AM
Sue Beneke
I have finished field one - but now appear to be stuck as I can't remove the brambles without the help of friends. The one thing I really liked about the old BW was that you could play on your own - no help actually required. So if being forced to add 'friends' is a requirement - than I will stick with the OLD version which I know and like - and delete the new version.