Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Q&A 120 - June 12th, 2023
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Monday June 12th at 1 PM to 2 PM Pacific (or 8-9 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you're unable to attend, and I'll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 3:03 PM
FoufiDoom
Oh so if I have max mana/power and I get more from satchels while using the siphons they won't get converted to energy/gold??
109 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th at 9:12 PM
Last Edited June 5th at 9:29 PM
DocHoneydew
Will there be something fantastic for 1000 unique pets owned from PAGAS? *hint hint*
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th at 2:39 AM
Last Edited June 12th at 3:04 AM
Russel Denton
1- Firstly i would to congratulate all the winners of the Spring contest of 2023.
Next, i noticed during the spring contest, some entries were hard to make out due to the background it was on the green, so i was thinking, for a certain amount of seeds perhaps, we could change the colour of the background of our scene, like dirt colour, light blue or even a yellow type colour

2- we already have a event were we grow a pumpkin, halloween , but what if we did something similar for the carnival event were we have to grow any of our crops to huge proportions and get rated like judges do at fairs and get rewards, or something like that

3- Flags - could we get flags from certain countries, with a pole, to put on our ranches,island or even .....pasture

4- So a few players have suggested in the past, the ability to dust “old” trinkets that are not in use anymore, but I have come up with an idea that both new/new-ish and even veteran players MIGHT like, and that is the ability to combine CERTAIN trinkets, so I went through some of them and listed them which could be combined and still be of use to players no matter what level, they be:

The following trinkets could be combined together to make a better trinket:
•The magnifying glass –which does puzzle could all be combined
•The Dowsing rods – which does Quest items could all be combined
•The Cornucopia’s – which does less nothings could all be combined
•Any trinket that ONLY increases Max Mana – could be all combined
•Any trinket that ONLY increases Max Power – Could all be combined
•Any trinket that ONLY increases max power/mana and energy - could all be combined

There might be other trinkets that could be combined but these are the main ones which could be useful for ALL players, no matter level of play they are at

5- could we have more ice cream flavours added to the quest for patriot event, here is a few flavours
- Pumpkin ice cream
- Vanilla and Macadamia ice cream
more could be added
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th at 11:42 AM
Last Edited June 8th at 11:47 AM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

Sometimes a friend may ask for help with a specific crop, but if there are more than one type planted, it can be hard to recognize which crop is which, especially if they are still in seed form. Is it possible to add a feature where we can view the crop name by hovering our mouse over it?

I'd also like to thank you once again for adding the sort feature to our ranch store and ranch inventories. It makes locating items so much easier. I love it!

And lastly, congratulations to Russel Denton, DocHoneydew, and all the other Spring Garden contest winners and non-winners! Great job by all.
174 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 8th at 9:11 PM
Last Edited June 11th at 10:35 PM
Hongkongelder1130
AN ASIDE

It would be nice to see a change in a crop that's been watered. so we don't water them twice.

PRIDE DRAGONS (or how do i afford champagne on a beer budget)

I could only afford one dragon from the pride dragons this year. I bought one last year so now i have two.

The pet sale sort of cleaned me out.

However,I i did buy the peaquack last year and hydra this year. Both pets are great companions and very enjoyable. (both of which sales went to lambert house)

The dragons are very nice and I'd like to collect them all.
25.00 was a little steep why the rise over a regular pet at 20.00? I could have bought a cookie. . . and, didn't the money from the sale of the dragons go to lambert house last year but not this year? Why the switch?

Could the dragons be more available ---date wise, spread out Not show up all at once ---lol for just a few days in June. Will they be coming back next year? or yearly? I think they are very colorful and not just bound by their names.--- or pride month.

Have one show up a month. . . or something like that on AI with the pet keeper or the creature of the coppers ---He could have four pets beyond the three he has now---or they could come with the different events ---or with the new zoo
(although id hate to wait that long_)

Our LGBTQ friends are with us year round and I think they'd like to be remembered in some way by the "straight world" year round too

a thought

some feedback

love the dragons they are fun and well designed dang good job!!! Want to see them again and again and collect them all!!! NICK you do a fine job and i wouldn't want to offend you by my strange questions and crazy ideas
hke
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 1:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Afternoon, Bush Whackers! It's good to be back! Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 1:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
FoufiDoom wrote:

Oh so if I have max mana/power and I get more from satchels while using the siphons they won't get converted to energy/gold??

That's right, FoufiDoom. Siphon bonuses only apply to bush whacks.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 1:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
DocHoneydew wrote:

Will there be something fantastic for 1000 unique pets owned from PAGAS? *hint hint*

We'll try not to disappoint!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 1:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

1- Firstly i would to congratulate all the winners of the Spring contest of 2023.
Next, i noticed during the spring contest, some entries were hard to make out due to the background it was on the green, so i was thinking, for a certain amount of seeds perhaps, we could change the colour of the background of our scene, like dirt colour, light blue or even a yellow type colour

2- we already have a event were we grow a pumpkin, halloween , but what if we did something similar for the carnival event were we have to grow any of our crops to huge proportions and get rated like judges do at fairs and get rewards, or something like that

3- Flags - could we get flags from certain countries, with a pole, to put on our ranches,island or even .....pasture

4- So a few players have suggested in the past, the ability to dust “old” trinkets that are not in use anymore, but I have come up with an idea that both new/new-ish and even veteran players MIGHT like, and that is the ability to combine CERTAIN trinkets, so I went through some of them and listed them which could be combined and still be of use to players no matter what level, they be:

The following trinkets could be combined together to make a better trinket:
•The magnifying glass –which does puzzle could all be combined
•The Dowsing rods – which does Quest items could all be combined
•The Cornucopia’s – which does less nothings could all be combined
•Any trinket that ONLY increases Max Mana – could be all combined
•Any trinket that ONLY increases Max Power – Could all be combined
•Any trinket that ONLY increases max power/mana and energy - could all be combined

There might be other trinkets that could be combined but these are the main ones which could be useful for ALL players, no matter level of play they are at

5- could we have more ice cream flavours added to the quest for patriot event, here is a few flavours
- Pumpkin ice cream
- Vanilla and Macadamia ice cream
more could be added

1) Changing the terrain is an interesting suggestion. I'll note it down and consider how it might work for next year's Spring Garden event.

2) A crop growing contest is a neat idea! I'll note that down to consider.

3) Your flag dream might just come true later on in this year's Patriot event :D (Thank Georgia!)

4) I see the appeal of this idea, however level scaling trinkets from each region are a hallmark of Bush Whacker 2, and I'm hesitant to change that. As we add more areas with combine and mega Combine trinkets, more of the older trinkets will get cleaned up. Trinkets with permanent % effects are intended to be rare and powerful.

5) I love pumpkin ice cream! I'll note down to consider adding more ice cream flavours for the next Patriot event.
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 1:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

Sometimes a friend may ask for help with a specific crop, but if there are more than one type planted, it can be hard to recognize which crop is which, especially if they are still in seed form. Is it possible to add a feature where we can view the crop name by hovering our mouse over it?

I'd also like to thank you once again for adding the sort feature to our ranch store and ranch inventories. It makes locating items so much easier. I love it!

And lastly, congratulations to Russel Denton, DocHoneydew, and all the other Spring Garden contest winners and non-winners! Great job by all.

A tooltip on crops for visitors would be handy, certainly! I'll note it down to consider.

So glad you're still getting use out of the latest ranch improvements! Happy decorating :)
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 1:51 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hongkongelder1 wrote:

AN ASIDE

It would be nice to see a change in a crop that's been watered. so we don't water them twice.

PRIDE DRAGONS (or how do i afford champagne on a beer budget)

I could only afford one dragon from the pride dragons this year. I bought one last year so now i have two.

The pet sale sort of cleaned me out.

However,I i did buy the peaquack last year and hydra this year. Both pets are great companions and very enjoyable. (both of which sales went to lambert house)

The dragons are very nice and I'd like to collect them all.
25.00 was a little steep why the rise over a regular pet at 20.00? I could have bought a cookie. . . and, didn't the money from the sale of the dragons go to lambert house last year but not this year? Why the switch?

Could the dragons be more available ---date wise, spread out Not show up all at once ---lol for just a few days in June. Will they be coming back next year? or yearly? I think they are very colorful and not just bound by their names.--- or pride month.

Have one show up a month. . . or something like that on AI with the pet keeper or the creature of the coppers ---He could have four pets beyond the three he has now---or they could come with the different events ---or with the new zoo
(although id hate to wait that long_)

Our LGBTQ friends are with us year round and I think they'd like to be remembered in some way by the "straight world" year round too

a thought

some feedback

love the dragons they are fun and well designed dang good job!!! Want to see them again and again and collect them all!!! NICK you do a fine job and i wouldn't want to offend you by my strange questions and crazy ideas
hke

By watered, do you mean a visitor helping with a crop? That would be nice. The game already shows if you've helped a crop plot during your visit when you mouse over, but something visual would be nice. Plus, if a crop plot has max helps already, that would be even better!

Thank you for the feedback on the pride dragons! We haven't done anything like them for a charity drive, so are still exploring the best way to handle them. When they first went out last year they were each 20% off. We'll consider making them available throughout the year. Thanks again for supporting such a great cause!
3217 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th at 2:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly livestream at 3 PM tomorrow, Pacific time. See you then!