Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 59 - January 19th, 2022
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 17th 2022 at 11:44 AM
Last Edited January 17th 2022 at 11:45 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday January 19th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 17th 2022 at 2:43 PM
click2806
Hi Nick

First of all thanks for all your work on this really enjoyable game.

Question 1: I was wondering if there could be an easy way to somehow purchase the option for quest whacks. Maybe make it part of the VIP subscription, or a VIP plus option - something that allows me to have quest whacks without being dependent on luck to get VIP vouchers in satchels, or to have to purchase bush bucks to get tokens.
Maybe you can think of some option to easily subscribe for endless quest whacks :)

Question 2, concerning chat: Could we make room 2 to 'no spoilers room' instead of having that room as the spoiler room?
It is a bit tiring that the main game chat room is a room where game topics are labelled 'spoilers' and people calling out any game related questions as forbidden.
I understand people enjoy the discussions about their health issues and body functions, about their families and relationship worries, about the weather, about any topic in the end, and it would be really nice if there could be room in chatroom 1 also for game topics. After all, it is a chat room connected to a game!
Therefore my suggestion is to label a different room as spoiler-free with absolutely no game-related topics allowed there at all, and make room 1 an all topics chat room, including game topics.

Thanks for reading and considering my suggestions.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 17th 2022 at 5:07 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
Hi Nick !
As a higher player level, I might be tempted to use power whacks more (right now I find them more annoying than helpful, I have tons of gems and money, and multiple sapphires make no difference to me in the long run) if the temporal sapphire was upgraded. I'd love to see the energem enhanced as well.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 17th 2022 at 7:12 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Hi nick ty for answering my ? on the power whack in the stream for those that dont know i asked nick if it was possible to power whack puzzle pieces and no it isnt. Kudos on pronouncing my last name that was spot on u must be ukranian ;)

Onto my ?

Im sure theres a few linux players not me will BW2 still be available for linux or is that not gona be possible eventualy.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 17th 2022 at 9:18 PM
Last Edited January 17th 2022 at 9:18 PM
mlmcc52
Are you going to add a link so we can seehow many we still need at each station?
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2022 at 4:17 AM
Elsastar96
Hi Nick

Is there a pet that has the minus gold odds? I have searched everywhere I can think of to look for one of these, all the stores, pets that I have, eggs and pets available to buy from Pagas, pet sales etc. I do remember one that was part of the creature collectors quest last year, I didn't buy it because I thought there would be one available elsewhere but alas my efforts have been futile.

If there isn't any available can we have one please?
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2022 at 7:05 AM
Last Edited January 19th 2022 at 2:40 PM
WhackedCrafter
Is there a way to block a player? Asking for someone.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2022 at 9:03 AM
Elsastar96
WhackedCrafter, go to my account (top right of screen), click on the person you want to block from your friend list then click unfriend and block...hope this helps.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2022 at 11:54 AM
Last Edited January 18th 2022 at 12:02 PM
Russel Denton
Here's a few idea's i have and some other things to mention

1-Firstly, thank you Nick for putting the dragon slayer sword as a CI for this years Nate event, i suggested it last year or before hand

2- When we send tickets, could we have the ability to attach photos/pictures to help us explain our problem/glitches better perhaps

3- could we have FEED that does event items perhaps for mounts

4- i know this has been suggested before, but could we exchange excess rune dusts we don't need for dusts we do need perhaps
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2022 at 2:20 PM
AquireWhite
"Question 2, concerning chat: Could we make room 2 to 'no spoilers room' instead of having that room as the spoiler room?"

Not that I don't disagree with click2806's suggestion, but leave Room 2 alone. Room 2 is where people should be directed for questions, possibly, containing spoilers.

If another room wants to be renamed, that would be fine.
92 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2022 at 5:28 PM
Vegan1964
Is there a way to tell which trophies I am missing from an area or fishing pool?

Have you ever considered a swarm of insects as a pet or a school of fish?
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 18th 2022 at 11:51 PM
Last Edited January 18th 2022 at 11:51 PM
Russel Denton
Just to shed a bit of light on the whole spoiler room thing, it only came in around September/October 2020, because just before that the recent part of explorers league ( top of skyscraper) came out and players were assisting other players that were having trouble with the clues etc, so it was suggested that a special room be made for spoilers on recent updates, but even with this being done players were helping other players who were having trouble with things in the game like pets etc and some other players had issue with this being done because it seemed it was considered to be a SPOILER of sorts which is ridiculous ,

Anyway I think keep the spoiler room as is as for room 1, leave it for players to talk about their day etc, and even talk about the game on the odd occasion, as for the spoiler room, it should just be made for recent updates , older stuff can be discussed on room 1,

And if still players have issue with this then they should move to another room if they are disgruntled by it
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 7:26 AM
Last Edited January 19th 2022 at 7:31 AM
SusanCalvin188
Please make room 2 "no spoilers"! Talking about the game in any manner in room 1 will get you chastised for spoilers. I thought chat was specifically for talking about the game.

A thought on a work around: would it be possible to stay in the same room you choose upon logging in instead of defaulting to room 1? T
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 10:17 AM
mlmcc52
Chat is chat. Players use it for anything they want. Can't really control what is said except for some words. I don't see chastising very often. Usually it occurs with new content and some asking for advice. Easy enough for them to go to another room.
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 2:44 PM
WhackedCrafter
@Elsastar96
"WhackedCrafter, go to my account (top right of screen), click on the person you want to block from your friend list then click unfriend and block...hope this helps."

TY. I had found out how after posting the question. You would think I would've known that since I have been playing over 9 years :)
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:16 PM
Last Edited January 19th 2022 at 3:44 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
click2806 wrote:

Hi Nick

First of all thanks for all your work on this really enjoyable game.

Question 1: I was wondering if there could be an easy way to somehow purchase the option for quest whacks. Maybe make it part of the VIP subscription, or a VIP plus option - something that allows me to have quest whacks without being dependent on luck to get VIP vouchers in satchels, or to have to purchase bush bucks to get tokens.
Maybe you can think of some option to easily subscribe for endless quest whacks :)

Question 2, concerning chat: Could we make room 2 to 'no spoilers room' instead of having that room as the spoiler room?
It is a bit tiring that the main game chat room is a room where game topics are labelled 'spoilers' and people calling out any game related questions as forbidden.
I understand people enjoy the discussions about their health issues and body functions, about their families and relationship worries, about the weather, about any topic in the end, and it would be really nice if there could be room in chatroom 1 also for game topics. After all, it is a chat room connected to a game!
Therefore my suggestion is to label a different room as spoiler-free with absolutely no game-related topics allowed there at all, and make room 1 an all topics chat room, including game topics.

Thanks for reading and considering my suggestions.

So glad you're enjoying the game, click2806!

1) It's a useful VIP power isn't it? I'll consider making it more accessible, however I'd have to revisit all the other powers as well. Currently they all align with convenience for tokens/vouchers, so some significant consideration is warranted for some powers to be more accessible than others. Such a change might be a great way to improve VIP!

Russel Denton wrote:

Just to shed a bit of light on the whole spoiler room thing, it only came in around September/October 2020, because just before that the recent part of explorers league ( top of skyscraper) came out and players were assisting other players that were having trouble with the clues etc, so it was suggested that a special room be made for spoilers on recent updates, but even with this being done players were helping other players who were having trouble with things in the game like pets etc and some other players had issue with this being done because it seemed it was considered to be a SPOILER of sorts which is ridiculous ,

Anyway I think keep the spoiler room as is as for room 1, leave it for players to talk about their day etc, and even talk about the game on the odd occasion, as for the spoiler room, it should just be made for recent updates , older stuff can be discussed on room 1,

And if still players have issue with this then they should move to another room if they are disgruntled by it

SusanCalvin188 wrote:

Please make room 2 "no spoilers"! Talking about the game in any manner in room 1 will get you chastised for spoilers. I thought chat was specifically for talking about the game.

A thought on a work around: would it be possible to stay in the same room you choose upon logging in instead of defaulting to room 1? T

mlmcc52 wrote:

Chat is chat. Players use it for anything they want. Can't really control what is said except for some words. I don't see chastising very often. Usually it occurs with new content and some asking for advice. Easy enough for them to go to another room.

WhackedCrafter wrote:
Um, except for bullying, foul mouth, sexual harassment, or any form of harassment it is a "CHAT ROOM". Players go there to chat about the game to leave the real world, release frustration about the game and/or life. Even "thinking" about restricting the room is illogical. If a chatter wants to talk about something in another room, then they have that option. If someone wants to go to the spoiler room that's their choice. LEAVE ROOM 1 ALONE!

I'm not going to change the spoiler designation of the default chat without a majority consensus from the community. I know it would be nicer for veteran players to be able to discuss any of the content on a whim without worry of spoiling it for others. However, my current reasoning is more people want to be a part normal chat, and they only sometimes want to discuss specifics of the content.

If folks want to discuss content specifics, they can then ask in normal chat "Can someone help me with this content?" and someone can answer "I can! Let's chat about it in Room 2".
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy) wrote:

Hi Nick !
As a higher player level, I might be tempted to use power whacks more (right now I find them more annoying than helpful, I have tons of gems and money, and multiple sapphires make no difference to me in the long run) if the temporal sapphire was upgraded. I'd love to see the energem enhanced as well.

I am considering adding upgrades for the Temporal Sapphire in future content! Will consider doing so for the Energem as well.
465 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:18 PM
Last Edited January 19th 2022 at 3:19 PM
WhackedCrafter
Um, except for bullying, foul mouth, sexual harassment, or any form of harassment it is a "CHAT ROOM". Players go there to chat about the game to leave the real world, release frustration about the game and/or life. Even "thinking" about restricting the room is illogical. If a chatter wants to talk about something in another room, then they have that option. If someone wants to go to the spoiler room that's their choice. LEAVE ROOM 1 ALONE!
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:20 PM
mshellgirl1969
I really like Russell's idea about being able to attach files to show our glitches and problems we are experiencing to our tickets. Could that be possible? It sure would help me explain things better. lol