Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 59 - January 19th, 2022
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hi nick ty for answering my ? on the power whack in the stream for those that dont know i asked nick if it was possible to power whack puzzle pieces and no it isnt. Kudos on pronouncing my last name that was spot on u must be ukranian ;)

Onto my ?

Im sure theres a few linux players not me will BW2 still be available for linux or is that not gona be possible eventualy.

Phew! Glad I got your name right :D (I am not Ukranian, for the record)

We're not officially supporting Linux, as I just don't have the resources to do so. There is a chance that the tech-savvy could get the Desktop Launcher to run on Linux, if they can get Adobe AIR to work somehow. Otherwise, they can try running Windows on their Linux machine using something like Wine.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:25 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Are you going to add a link so we can seehow many we still need at each station?

Are you asking for a chat option at the 3 turn-in stations for Nate's Birthday event, that will tell you how many more turn-ins you need for the associated achievements?

We've got that for other events, so I don't see why not! Sorry we missed adding that for this event. I'll note that down for next time.

That being said, the station NPCs already tell you how many you need AFTER you do a turn-in with them.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

Hi Nick

Is there a pet that has the minus gold odds? I have searched everywhere I can think of to look for one of these, all the stores, pets that I have, eggs and pets available to buy from Pagas, pet sales etc. I do remember one that was part of the creature collectors quest last year, I didn't buy it because I thought there would be one available elsewhere but alas my efforts have been futile.

If there isn't any available can we have one please?

The Red Balloon in the Burglary Boutique and the Onyx Hydra from the Creature Collector mini-event both have negative gold bonuses! The Onyx Hydra you'll have to look out for in a future pet sale, or the Creature Collector's past unowned pets store. Hope that helps.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:30 PM
WhackedCrafter
Are you going to let us know when you have the 10 color page submissions when you have rec'd them?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Is there a way to block a player? Asking for someone.

You can block a player from sending amicus invites to you, by clicking the "block" button on the invite.

You can effectively block a BW2 friend by removing them from your platform friends list, and then from the "Your Friends" dialog.

Any you can mute a player in the chat by clicking their name.

I hope that helps!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:33 PM
WhackedCrafter
TY... knew about AI, but not other ways
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:35 PM
Last Edited January 19th 2022 at 3:44 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

Here's a few idea's i have and some other things to mention

1-Firstly, thank you Nick for putting the dragon slayer sword as a CI for this years Nate event, i suggested it last year or before hand

2- When we send tickets, could we have the ability to attach photos/pictures to help us explain our problem/glitches better perhaps

3- could we have FEED that does event items perhaps for mounts

4- i know this has been suggested before, but could we exchange excess rune dusts we don't need for dusts we do need perhaps

mshellgirl1969 wrote:

I really like Russell's idea about being able to attach files to show our glitches and problems we are experiencing to our tickets. Could that be possible? It sure would help me explain things better. lol

1) You're welcome Russel! It was a good suggestion :)

2) I do think our ticketing system sorely needs to support attachments. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to make those changes right now. If you do have an image to include, I recommend emailing it to bw2support@codenameentertainment.com/

3) The current mount bonuses are fairly limited, but I agree it would be nice to have some new ones! I'll consider it.

4) I'm looking to add more ways to get and convert alchemy reagents with future updates to the Alchrafter Certification.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:37 PM
Last Edited January 19th 2022 at 3:38 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

Is there a way to tell which trophies I am missing from an area or fishing pool?

Have you ever considered a swarm of insects as a pet or a school of fish?

Unfortunately no. The best way is to check the wiki Fishing page against what you have in your inventory. Not the best, I know! I'm hoping to add blue flags to the world map to indicate you've collected all the fishing items at that spot.

https://bushwhacker2.fandom.com/wiki/Fishing

I'll note down those pet ideas, thanks!
49 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:41 PM
jelab
Hi Nick here are a few items to consider

1 Add a save slot in runes inventory, to save special runes in , eliminate disenchanting by mistake
2 Why isn't my name on top of chat list like it used to be.
3 Could we hilight (different colour )the players that are blocked on chat. Usually done by mistake.
4 Add a few extra tabs in inventory bag for eggs and energy drinks. High item numbers Or replace for the Gem and Trinket tabs for eggs and energy drinks. And search tab would be helpful.
5 New Satchel guift idea. A free puzzle Insta-Solve gift.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:46 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Are you going to let us know when you have the 10 color page submissions when you have rec'd them?

We're still sorting out the best way to alternate the sketching/colouring sheet segments on the stream. I'll include which segment will be happening on each stream post on the forums/Facebook page.
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:48 PM
click2806
For clarification, I would like to be able to talk about any topic in room 1, including game topics. No matter if a veteran player asks, or a new player, we should be able to talk about game topics there as well, without someone crying spoiler and making people move.

Is there a way to find out what the community thinks, including people that stopped using chat because reasons?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:49 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,
Just to add to Whackcrafters thougts. Could you do every other week for the coloring showcase instead of 10
?
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:50 PM
WhackedCrafter
Just do every other week, for each, with no minimum submissions on the coloring pages.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:52 PM
WhackedCrafter
lol... great minds Flybaby lol
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:52 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
jelab wrote:

Hi Nick here are a few items to consider

1 Add a save slot in runes inventory, to save special runes in , eliminate disenchanting by mistake
2 Why isn't my name on top of chat list like it used to be.
3 Could we hilight (different colour )the players that are blocked on chat. Usually done by mistake.
4 Add a few extra tabs in inventory bag for eggs and energy drinks. High item numbers Or replace for the Gem and Trinket tabs for eggs and energy drinks. And search tab would be helpful.
5 New Satchel guift idea. A free puzzle Insta-Solve gift.

1) I can see the utility in keeping special runes aside in the Disenchant dialog! Noted.

2) The Desktop Launcher chat is different software from the web chat, so the developer who made it didn't keep that consistent. That's all! I do think it's nice to have your name at the top, and will consider making that change.

3) Marking the players you've blocked in chat is a good idea! I'm not sure how it's implemented at the moment, but that's a feature I'll note down to consider looking in to.

4) A revamp of the inventory tabs has been suggested before. It's on my list to look into! I agree there's plenty room for improvement as is.

5) Gifting insta-solve puzzles is a great idea! Duly noted!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
click2806 wrote:

For clarification, I would like to be able to talk about any topic in room 1, including game topics. No matter if a veteran player asks, or a new player, we should be able to talk about game topics there as well, without someone crying spoiler and making people move.

Is there a way to find out what the community thinks, including people that stopped using chat because reasons?

I could look into doing a survey regarding the game chat, which might yield some consensus!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 3:56 PM
WhackedCrafter
@click2806... exactly. I am a longtime player and one reason I quit going to chat as much is because of all the dogma that started about 8 mths ago. I used to enjoy going to chat to chat about whatever, then it started getting not a fun place anymore. So now only go there to give heads up.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 4:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Okay folks, this is all I have time for, thus concluding this week's forum Q&A! Thank you for the questions, feedback, and discussion! I hope those quietly reading this afterwards find it informative.

Tune in to the Bush Whacker Weekly stream Tuesdays at 3:30 PM Pacific! Hope to see you then :D
9 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 19th 2022 at 4:19 PM
click2806
Thank you, a survey that might be an option.

It feels like it's mostly a small number of vocal and visible players who get upset about whatever they declare to be spoilers, most of the community is really nice and helpful and relaxed.
I can get tips about runescape and other games in room 1, but get sent away to a different room if someone asks where a certain item in this game can be fished up, or how to best make use of runes, or how to navigate into a secret area, just because someone shouts 'spoiler'. This is something I would like to see changed, or at least have some clear rules what is a spoiler and what isn't. Depending on who is explaining, it's any game content, or just new game content (but including visuals), or game content a certain person didn't unlock yet (which is impossible to know where they are stuck).

The suggestion about an 'absolutely no spoilers at all under no circumstances' room in any of the other chat rooms was for those people who want to escape when they feel too much game information for their like in room 1.