Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 58 - January 12th, 2022
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2022 at 11:55 AM
Last Edited January 10th 2022 at 11:56 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday January 12th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2022 at 2:55 PM
Vegan1964
We have a chariot pulled by devs. How about for the next extra life event we get a palaquin carried by devs or dev powered rickshaw? And maybe more dinosaur pets? More flying and swimming dinosaurs would be great!
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2022 at 7:51 PM
Last Edited January 12th 2022 at 2:22 AM
Russel Denton
I have a few questions and idea’s

1- Can you divulge what QOL (Quality Of Life) updates will be made when they are ready etc, or are you keeping it under your belt till then ?

2- This is in regards to the special bushes in the Prismatic Passage Part 1, a few players that have just started it have complained about the “special bushes” still spawning after finding all the puzzle pieces, will this bug/glitch be solved for the next part ?

3- I noticed in last weeks Q/A, someone suggested in having a quantity button for moving stuff from inventory to Tardis instead of clicking 100 times to move tiles etc..this is a add on to that suggestion,… at current moment when we want to take something off our ranch it goes straight into our inventory, not the Tardis, could we have another icon where we can just put stuff in the Tardis instead of all the shifting from inventory to Tardis, it would definitely save time etc

4- GEM QUARRY idea – we have a quarry where we can dig up gems , like in the quarries, but we only get gems nothing else. How it would work is we pay in gems to mine the quarry for X amount of time for example 1hr- 5 sapphires, 2hrs – 5 rubies, 5 emeralds – 3hrs etc, and you can dig up gems till your time is up. The lead up to the quarry reveal.. a robodwarf named Tok shows up in commons and says they found a old quarry and are planning to open it up, and need help to restore it, QUEST 1 – find 30 pieces of lumber in the fields, QUEST 2 – find 30 hard hats, QUEST 3 - find 30 pick axes and the last one we have too find the robodwarf’s friends the 6 of them, their names are Grindy, Rusty, Slashy, Crushful, Blowzee and Dozer…after finding them all the quarry opens up to you to use. This idea still needs some refinement still,

5- I agree with vegan's idea with more dinosaur pets so here are some species to consider, SWIMMING DINOSAURS – Ichthyosaur, Basilosaurus and helicoprion, FLYING DINOSAURS – Tapejara, Rhamphorrhynchus and germanodactylus, here's some more dinosaurs to consider Iguanodon, Demon Duck of Doom,Corythosaurus,Emuary/Emuarius,Stygimoloch...just a few to consider and here is some other animals to consider for pets too Cassowary,Black Swan, Thorny Devil, manta ray, centipede, blue jay, red cardinal and Splendid fairy-wren

happy to hear folks thoughts
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2022 at 11:22 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Hi nick any more consideration on bringing back the player council.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2022 at 11:32 PM
WhackedCrafter
Russell, It was me who asked about not having to click 100's of times to move things from inventory to T.A.R.D.I.S.I have also asked over the last 2 years to have the items from cleared from the ranch to have option to choose either to go to inventory or the T.A.R.D.I.S. and also with a qty field so not have click one at a time or at least a "clear all" type option. It has gotten to the point that decorating or my contests will be a thing of the past. Yes, it is my choice to decorate and/or do the contest. That that's not BW2 is all about, but still would be nice.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 10th 2022 at 11:55 PM
Russel Denton
Thank you WhackedCrafter, i think it is a fantastic idea and needs to be implemented into the QOL ( Quality of Life) update asap it is desperately needed and will certainly be used too.
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2022 at 11:45 AM
mlmcc52
I just got a Windows 11 PC and the remember me feature on the login screen stopped working. Is there a setting I need to change in Windows 11?
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 11th 2022 at 7:14 PM
mlmcc52
Not sure if this has been asked for. Capability to hover over the programmable transports and see where it is programmed
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:02 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

We have a chariot pulled by devs. How about for the next extra life event we get a palaquin carried by devs or dev powered rickshaw? And maybe more dinosaur pets? More flying and swimming dinosaurs would be great!

A palanquin mount is a great idea! And so are the dinosaurs. Georgia loves drawing dinosaurs, so odds are good!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:04 PM
WhackedCrafter
Hey, Nick. My Ranch glitch that I emailed to you about has gotten worse. I can't add anything else new on the floor, anywhere. Do you want me to send in a ticket?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

I have a few questions and idea’s

1- Can you divulge what QOL (Quality Of Life) updates will be made when they are ready etc, or are you keeping it under your belt till then ?

2- This is in regards to the special bushes in the Prismatic Passage Part 1, a few players that have just started it have complained about the “special bushes” still spawning after finding all the puzzle pieces, will this bug/glitch be solved for the next part ?

3- I noticed in last weeks Q/A, someone suggested in having a quantity button for moving stuff from inventory to Tardis instead of clicking 100 times to move tiles etc..this is a add on to that suggestion,… at current moment when we want to take something off our ranch it goes straight into our inventory, not the Tardis, could we have another icon where we can just put stuff in the Tardis instead of all the shifting from inventory to Tardis, it would definitely save time etc

4- GEM QUARRY idea – we have a quarry where we can dig up gems , like in the quarries, but we only get gems nothing else. How it would work is we pay in gems to mine the quarry for X amount of time for example 1hr- 5 sapphires, 2hrs – 5 rubies, 5 emeralds – 3hrs etc, and you can dig up gems till your time is up. The lead up to the quarry reveal.. a robodwarf named Tok shows up in commons and says they found a old quarry and are planning to open it up, and need help to restore it, QUEST 1 – find 30 pieces of lumber in the fields, QUEST 2 – find 30 hard hats, QUEST 3 - find 30 pick axes and the last one we have too find the robodwarf’s friends the 6 of them, their names are Grindy, Rusty, Slashy, Crushful, Blowzee and Dozer…after finding them all the quarry opens up to you to use. This idea still needs some refinement still,

5- I agree with vegan's idea with more dinosaur pets so here are some species to consider, SWIMMING DINOSAURS – Ichthyosaur, Basilosaurus and helicoprion, FLYING DINOSAURS – Tapejara, Rhamphorrhynchus and germanodactylus, here's some more dinosaurs to consider Iguanodon, Demon Duck of Doom,Corythosaurus,Emuary/Emuarius,Stygimoloch...just a few to consider and here is some other animals to consider for pets too Cassowary,Black Swan, Thorny Devil, manta ray, centipede, blue jay, red cardinal and Splendid fairy-wren

happy to hear folks thoughts

1) I've got a looooooong list of quality of life suggestions from the community. Too big to share, but I'll refine it when I'm ready to tackle some for the update.

2) The special bushes in the Prismatic Passage were intended to remain after unlocking the tree. However, by popular demand, I'll be looking at changing that for Part 2 (perhaps retroactively for Part 1).

3) A store-to-tardis button for Build Mode is a good suggestion! I'll note it down.

4) Interesting idea! I really like the idea of paying to dig X times in a quarry, as an alternative to the current whacking for digs format.

5) Great suggestions here! I'll add them to the list.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hi nick any more consideration on bringing back the player council.

At the moment I can't keep up with interesting things for the council. Once I've added more content and am ready for feedback and to work on the next thing, I may reach out.

Short: It's not you, it's me!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:20 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

I just got a Windows 11 PC and the remember me feature on the login screen stopped working. Is there a setting I need to change in Windows 11?

We don't support Windows 11 at the moment, and I'm unable to test exactly what might be going wrong there, sorry!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:21 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mlmcc52 wrote:

Not sure if this has been asked for. Capability to hover over the programmable transports and see where it is programmed

I'm not sure what you're referring to, regarding programmable transports. Could you go into more detail?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
WhackedCrafter wrote:

Hey, Nick. My Ranch glitch that I emailed to you about has gotten worse. I can't add anything else new on the floor, anywhere. Do you want me to send in a ticket?

Yikes! I'll follow up on your issue here as soon as I can. Everyone else, let me know if your experiencing similar issues!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:28 PM
WhackedCrafter
TY... and it happens on laptop, desktop, and phone. I have to leave what is there in that place. I am going to go check my Island and Golf Course
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:38 PM
WhackedCrafter
Ok, just checked my Island and Golf Course. I can decorate without any problems. Just my Ranch. Going to test if I move my plots from upstairs if things will go back to normal. BRB
75 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:45 PM
mlmcc52
The teleporters in the various hubs
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 12th 2022 at 3:46 PM
WhackedCrafter
well, that was it. Moving my plots upstairs screwed up everything and caused the glitch. which is still a g;itch because I should be able to move my plots upstairs.