Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 57 - January 5th, 2022
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2022 at 1:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday January 5th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
94 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2022 at 1:47 PM
Vegan1964
The Queen of England will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee this year. How about a mini event to cheer her on?
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2022 at 3:20 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Hey nick Is it possible to whack up a puzzle piece with a power whack we were debating this in general during the holidays i say yes but u wont get a butt load of pieces.

2nd ? so we have the ranking system thats been in place since who knows how that pits u against other players. maybe its time to reset it and have everyone start from scratch and on equal footting some of those scores will never be beaten.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 3rd 2022 at 6:28 PM
Eliz
I don't think that the rankings should be reset, but perhaps you could remove people who have not played in a year, but with the ability to be re-instated upon their return (if ever)
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2022 at 8:43 AM
BarbZak
I would like to see a NewYearsEve mini event, so maybe shorten the xmas event around the 26th of Dec (boxing day)to allow for the NY's event..
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2022 at 11:03 AM
Flybaby
Welcome Back Nick! Hope you had a great holiday!

*Could we have some New Years ranch items for next year? I decorated my ranch in a New Years theme, and it was a bit challenging to find party themed items in inventory, but I managed to make it happen with gold balloons, a few party hats, a band and a dance floor. (If you have a chance, please drop by my ranch for a visit).

**We could really use streamers, and some glitzy party decorations, and noise makers. Maybe you could give us a few from Nate's Birthday Party or maybe even the upcoming 10th anniversary event?

***Here's a thought on a similar note to Barbzak.
Would it be possible to add a New Year's quest-line to the next Christmas Event? That would be a fun way to end the event.

***Another thought for the next Christmas event ...
Could you give us a different reward for the "Well-arranged Caroling Quest"? We've been getting a "Caroling Music Stand" every year, and I've got more Music Stands than I know what to do with.

Thanks for your consideration.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2022 at 12:13 PM
Russel Denton
hi fellow bushwhackians, and hope everyone has a happy and joyous new year

i have a few idea's

1- Christmas Event - the quest where we get the carols for the guy, instead of going back and forth like a YO-YO, could we get all the carols at once then go back, it will save the going back and forth please

2- i second the idea of having a new years eve quest merged into the xmas event

3- Question - seeing how the endless flux release got cancelled last year due too bugs/glitches etc, has that changed your timeline for things or not much, if so what's your schedule for things thus far

4- i raised it last year and i am going to raise it again, can we have the option to downgrade Unique DNA, i have been speaking to other players and they would like it too

5- CRAZY IDEA ALERT - on Amicus isle, we have a community board where we can sell excess pet eggs and other players can look on the community board and pick which eggs they need still and pay whatever the seller wants etc or we can gift unwanted eggs to players perhaps even

happy to hear folks thoughts
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2022 at 3:07 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
HNY everyone. Hi Nick!
1. Re-requesting the ability to be removed (or toggled off) of the leaderboard
2. Requesting new pets for the Cera Altepetl Boundary Critter Capture Quest - perhaps variations on the 7 that are already there.
3. Thank you for the new hair colour options, would it be possible to have them show up on the 2021 mannequins? Mine seem to default to gold hair all the time. https://ibb.co/tBCW6qn
4. Re-requesting more plain colour shirt options - specifically - white.
5. Either the ability to downgrade gold DNA, or more items to purchase with gold DNA.

Thanks !
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 4th 2022 at 5:09 PM
WhackedCrafter
Hope your Holiday was great. I would like the option to sell useless event items bought through the vendor that I will never use, mostly because can't buy more of them or because they're completely useless, such as the Yeti Poop and other items that can't buy more of.
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 5:30 AM
Elsastar96
There are so many areas that don't have a fishing hole, so how about a portable fishing hole? It would allow us to fish from anywhere that had a water source, whether it be a lake, a river or a pond. It would be great to be able to complete daily's, improve on tallies(for achievements), replenish energy or simply take a break from whacking without having to return to an area that has a fishing hole.
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 11:06 AM
Last Edited January 5th 2022 at 11:10 AM
forgingaheart
oh man, that idea of a portable fishing hole so reminds me of the looney tunes cartoons where the coyote uses portable holes to try and trap the road runner. i love it.

i like the idea of having some new years quests at the end of the Christmas event, not sure i want to see Christmas and new years be separate events i think i would rather do a gentle segue one from the other as most people tend to do naturally from one to the other. after all there is already these gentle segues from Hanukkah to Festivus to Christmas to Kwanzaa to New Years. now that being said, yes i also would love to have some New Years decor, i love balloons.

speaking of celebrations, yes lets have a mini event for the queen, would be so cool
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 2:32 PM
mshellgirl1969
Hey Nick, welcome back. Hope your Christmas was happy and bright. May the New Year bring you and the misses many blessings. I have a question, when is the new content coming out or do you have an idea of when??
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964 wrote:

The Queen of England will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee this year. How about a mini event to cheer her on?

Oh, this might be a great idea for a sequel for the Queen's quest in the Patriot event! I'll note it down to consider. I'll also consider it for a February mini-event, since that's the anniversary of the accession.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:08 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
I just hope you can find time to look at the support ticket I sent in.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:12 PM
Last Edited January 5th 2022 at 3:15 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Hey nick Is it possible to whack up a puzzle piece with a power whack we were debating this in general during the holidays i say yes but u wont get a butt load of pieces

With how veteran players have more options to increase there max power, but the puzzle amounts don't increase nearly as much, I'm hesitant to allow you to power whack up the puzzle pieces, as it could easily become a one-and-done thing. Adding a bit of flexibility might be a bit more interesting, like you could get double or triple puzzle pieces when power whacking.

Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

2nd ? so we have the ranking system thats been in place since who knows how that pits u against other players. maybe its time to reset it and have everyone start from scratch and on equal footting some of those scores will never be beaten.

Eliz wrote:

I don't think that the rankings should be reset, but perhaps you could remove people who have not played in a year, but with the ability to be re-instated upon their return (if ever)

I do think the rankings need a bit of a refresh at this point. Your suggestion gave me the idea of doing seasonal rankings, so new players have opportunities to excel at a season, and veteran players can strive for being top ranked in multiple seasons. Would love to hear thoughts on this!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
BarbZak wrote:

I would like to see a NewYearsEve mini event, so maybe shorten the xmas event around the 26th of Dec (boxing day)to allow for the NY's event..

Adding a new years even mini event would be neat! There's a bit of a struggle there since the office is closed during that time, but other than that I do like the idea. I'll consider it!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Welcome Back Nick! Hope you had a great holiday!

*Could we have some New Years ranch items for next year? I decorated my ranch in a New Years theme, and it was a bit challenging to find party themed items in inventory, but I managed to make it happen with gold balloons, a few party hats, a band and a dance floor. (If you have a chance, please drop by my ranch for a visit).

**We could really use streamers, and some glitzy party decorations, and noise makers. Maybe you could give us a few from Nate's Birthday Party or maybe even the upcoming 10th anniversary event?

***Here's a thought on a similar note to Barbzak.
Would it be possible to add a New Year's quest-line to the next Christmas Event? That would be a fun way to end the event.

***Another thought for the next Christmas event ...
Could you give us a different reward for the "Well-arranged Caroling Quest"? We've been getting a "Caroling Music Stand" every year, and I've got more Music Stands than I know what to do with.

Thanks for your consideration.

Good to be back, thanks! Hope you all had a good holiday.

A new years mini-event would be a great opportunity to add some new years themed items! Barring that, Georgia and I could look into adding some with the Amicus merchant. Or maybe even adding a new "Partier/Party Supplies" merchant!

It's too late to add some for Nate's Birthday event, but I'll note it down to consider for the Anniversary event!

I'll note those suggestions down for the next Christmas event. Thanks!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton wrote:

hi fellow bushwhackians, and hope everyone has a happy and joyous new year

i have a few idea's

1- Christmas Event - the quest where we get the carols for the guy, instead of going back and forth like a YO-YO, could we get all the carols at once then go back, it will save the going back and forth please

2- i second the idea of having a new years eve quest merged into the xmas event

3- Question - seeing how the endless flux release got cancelled last year due too bugs/glitches etc, has that changed your timeline for things or not much, if so what's your schedule for things thus far

4- i raised it last year and i am going to raise it again, can we have the option to downgrade Unique DNA, i have been speaking to other players and they would like it too

5- CRAZY IDEA ALERT - on Amicus isle, we have a community board where we can sell excess pet eggs and other players can look on the community board and pick which eggs they need still and pay whatever the seller wants etc or we can gift unwanted eggs to players perhaps even

happy to hear folks thoughts

1) This is fair, and would structure it more like the perfect Christmas tree quest. I'll note that down to consider for the next Christmas event.

2) Noted!

3) My release order is still the same! I'm still planning to finish up the Endless Dungeon, then Prismatic Part 2, then perhaps a quality of life update before the Prismatic adventures and quest hub.

4) Noted!

5) Interesting idea! I'll give it some thought. As I mentioned before, I'm looking to save a lot of the pet/egg improvements for the proposed Zoo update in the future.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 5th 2022 at 3:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy) wrote:

HNY everyone. Hi Nick!
1. Re-requesting the ability to be removed (or toggled off) of the leaderboard
2. Requesting new pets for the Cera Altepetl Boundary Critter Capture Quest - perhaps variations on the 7 that are already there.
3. Thank you for the new hair colour options, would it be possible to have them show up on the 2021 mannequins? Mine seem to default to gold hair all the time. https://ibb.co/tBCW6qn
4. Re-requesting more plain colour shirt options - specifically - white.
5. Either the ability to downgrade gold DNA, or more items to purchase with gold DNA.

Thanks !

1) I do want to make the rankings opt-in, just haven't had time to look into doing so.

2) Noted! Georgia and I will talk about adding more critters for that quest.

3) Yes, the new hair colours not showing up on the mannequins is a bug I just haven't had time to look into yet, sorry.

4) Plain white shirts are on the list for Georgia to consider adding.

5) Noted about the DNA. Haven't had time to really decide how I want to handle excess Unique DNA. I may save this for the Zoo update as well.