Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 45 - September 29th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2021 at 1:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday September 29th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
42 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2021 at 3:06 PM
Last Edited September 27th 2021 at 4:54 PM
mshellgirl1969
Just want to thank you for the Alzheimer's donation that everyone will make in this charity drive. Thanks Nick and all the Bushwhacker team for giving us all the option to help out. A cause that is near and dear to my heart. You see, in January 15, 2010, my mom lost her battle with Alzheimer's and passed away. So, I want to thank everyone who participates in this event that is close to me as this one is. I had to buy three of the $5 ones....wish I could have afforded the $25 x's but alas I am happy I can do something small. You guys are AMAZING!!!!
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2021 at 7:08 PM
AquireWhite
It's always wonderful when a group of people can come together on a platform like BW2 and make a difference, no matter now small.

Thank you to Codename Entertainment for keeping an eye out for every opportunity to help.
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 27th 2021 at 7:09 PM
AquireWhite
Is there a possibility of "dressing" the mannequins directly, rather than changing our avatar, then copying to the mannequin?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 11:56 AM
Last Edited September 28th 2021 at 1:22 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,

Thanks for adding all the new items to the stores. I'm anxious for the wandering merchants to appear. The first one selling new items (Tailor) appeared today.

Question: The Burglary Boutique sells a horse head Mask (older item).
If possible, could we have a horse tail to go with it? I searched for one, but wasn't able to find any.

Thanks for all you do! Flybaby
93 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 12:10 PM
AquireWhite
The Horse Head might be a subtle nod to a scene in The Godfather? ;)

*Warning Graphic Content Blood and Gore*
https://youtu.be/DZhZAKC9068
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 1:18 PM
Flybaby
Aquire ... that was a memorable moment for sure.
1530 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 1:52 PM
ArmyMomOkc
Hi Nick!

Thanks for all of the new goodies!

I do have one request for the quest whacks boon. Would you add an on/off switch like the speed boon? There are some spawning quests I like to do.

Also, I would like to see Clint offer the option to swap or upgrade a mount's speed for mount bucks. I would like to swap bonuses but I don't want to loose the speed of the new mount. Since speed isn't tied to leveling I hope it wouldn't be too difficult. Or maybe add a rune or trinket slot for our mounts to wear (mount specific like speed or speed up leveling)

Thanks!
Angela (ArmyMomOkc)
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2021 at 4:33 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Suggestion for a future pet: Horseshoe Crab. For a future Mount: Hover Board, like the one from Back to the Future 2; unless this one already exists, haven't look at the listing of mounts in a long time. And maybe even the flying steam locomotive from Back to the Future 3. Just ideas to share on the mounts, but would really like to see a Horseshoe Crab pet sometime.
Post by Matthew Kliparchuk deleted September 28th 2021 at 8:40 PM
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 1:18 AM
Last Edited September 29th 2021 at 12:01 PM
Russel Denton
i have a few idea's/suggestions and queries

1- firstly thank you for the new stuff for the merchants etc, i noticed a little minor detail.....so for all pets in the store/s etc we can hover over them and see their stats, for the honey badger, this does not occur, i have already posted this on the thread for the new stuff thread ok already, so i thought i might post it here too ok matey

2- for a few of our shirts thats one colour, it would be nice if we could change its colour like our eyes etc,

3- for thanksgiving could we commemorate the indians not just the pilgrims please, like having a indian shirt or face paint etc, something at least to commemorate the indians least... PS, im not american but i realised we have had not any indian like items in previous thankgiving events, it's not all about the pilgrims you know lol

heres a few shirt ideas i had if thats the only way to go

https://www.pinterest.com.au/theromeros78/native-american-clothins/

happy to hear folks thoughts
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 6:43 AM
Bobbi Brown
Some will argue that face paint is cultural appropriation. Maybe an orange shirt to connect to National Day for Truth and Reconciliation would be more appropriate.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
mshellgirl1969 wrote:

Just want to thank you for the Alzheimer's donation that everyone will make in this charity drive. Thanks Nick and all the Bushwhacker team for giving us all the option to help out. A cause that is near and dear to my heart. You see, in January 15, 2010, my mom lost her battle with Alzheimer's and passed away. So, I want to thank everyone who participates in this event that is close to me as this one is. I had to buy three of the $5 ones....wish I could have afforded the $25 x's but alas I am happy I can do something small. You guys are AMAZING!!!!

You're so very welcome! And so sorry to hear about your loss, mshellgirl1969. It's stories like yours that inspire charity drives like these!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

It's always wonderful when a group of people can come together on a platform like BW2 and make a difference, no matter now small.

Thank you to Codename Entertainment for keeping an eye out for every opportunity to help.

You're very welcome! And big thanks to you and all the players supporting these charity drives!
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:06 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
@Russell: There's already an orange shirt available from the Amicus Island Tailor Merchant, but it is an idea worthy of consideration. Too bad many would take offense at it in today's world.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
AquireWhite wrote:

Is there a possibility of "dressing" the mannequins directly, rather than changing our avatar, then copying to the mannequin?

It's possible, but would require a good bit of tech development time. I didn't think it was worth diverting what limited development time we have away from other permanent content to add it, which is why I ended up choosing the method it currently has.

I do agree it would be better to dress them directly, and it's on our suggestions list should we ever find the time.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:08 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby wrote:

Hi Nick,

Thanks for adding all the new items to the stores. I'm anxious for the wandering merchants to appear. The first one selling new items (Tailor) appeared today.

Question: The Burglary Boutique sells a horse head Mask (older item).
If possible, could we have a horse tail to go with it? I searched for one, but wasn't able to find any.

Thanks for all you do! Flybaby

Glad to hear the latest stores update has you exited! I'll add a Horse Tail to our suggestions list for Georgia to consider adding.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:09 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
I've been noticing coconuts popping up from bushes when whacked as an energy reward; are coconuts going to be a crop sometime soon or is this just an energy reward item?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 29th 2021 at 2:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ArmyMomOkc wrote:

Hi Nick!

Thanks for all of the new goodies!

I do have one request for the quest whacks boon. Would you add an on/off switch like the speed boon? There are some spawning quests I like to do.

Also, I would like to see Clint offer the option to swap or upgrade a mount's speed for mount bucks. I would like to swap bonuses but I don't want to loose the speed of the new mount. Since speed isn't tied to leveling I hope it wouldn't be too difficult. Or maybe add a rune or trinket slot for our mounts to wear (mount specific like speed or speed up leveling)

Thanks!
Angela (ArmyMomOkc)

I don't see why not! I'll make the Quest Whacks boon toggleable for a future update.

Increasing mount speed for Mount Bucks or adding a mount rune/trinket slot are both very interesting ideas! I'll note them down to consider.