Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 23 - April 21st, 2021
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 19th 2021 at 1:25 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday April 21st at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 UTC).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
526 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 12:31 AM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Are there any plans to add something new to the common maybe a apartment building for us that could be a mueseum of our adventures thruout BW2 like a charred hat or something from each zone.
Customization to the apartment like making one area a bedroom i know we have a ranch but for a better term player housing where it can feel more like something more personaly then random storage area.
48 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 5:09 AM
Saenz Family
I would like to see a carousel that we can put all our carousel pets on. Maybe have it rotate around so all are seen as it goes around.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 8:52 AM
phagras
Since next year will be the tenth anniversary what about shrinking the Easter event and having a full anniversary event instead? Perhaps just do the world wide egg hunt and a handful of one-off quests?
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 8:58 AM
Joyce
With summer coming, our pools and the beach on my island need some sunbathers! Sunbathers on towels like those on Amicus would be fine to start but maybe a little smaller. Ideally would like to be able to change hair color, skin shade (some need to be sun burned), and/or bathing suit colors. Would need to be able to rotate. Would be great if they could lay on stomach too. Sunbathers, male and female, should also be in the store so we can buy more (at a very reasonable price of course)!

A swimmer would also be nice for the pool even if it's in an inner tube or laying on a float.
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 12:26 PM
Bobbi Brown
Oh! Joyce's idea is really cool. To add to it, maybe we could use our friends' avatars... have it work like mannequins or statues!
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 1:17 PM
Bobbi Brown
Nick, some people are reporting that when the new pet replaced the old Easter pet, they lost the level of the first pet. Considering that we didn't know the pet would be replaced and there was no option to keep the old one, can you restore the level on the new pets?
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 2:16 PM
Last Edited April 20th 2021 at 3:12 PM
BarbZak
@..Saenz family.....

I have asked Nick 6/6/2020 in a ticket for a movable carousel for our 2019 carousel creatures, and the response was not feasible at that time and there is no concrete form figured out yet by Nick & Georgia !!!

I also even asked if they would create carousel stands/tops for me to arrange all of them around and still nada. The suggestion was for me too place as statues in circle , which they were on my Isle.

^^^^ due to BW2 Launcher stuff..they working on!!!

I would not mind a stationary one with 12 slots to place them all in and under a roof !!!

Moreover...I have them on my ranch for awhile NOW LQQKING funny with the carousel top/stand I made for them..and the poles from them alll sticking up in air..not connected to anything.......(it looks dum too me ). I will leave it like that for now....tho

Still hoping for one !!!!
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 3:20 PM
Last Edited April 20th 2021 at 3:22 PM
BarbZak
Nick..

About the Easter pet, this year.I read the dialogue that it would update last yrs Easter pet, BUT I accepted quest to late to NOT accept update to Air Bun.

I would love to have the old Easter Egg jumping bunny back if possible,

plzz n ty :D
51 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 3:51 PM
forgingaheart
hey nick i was also wondering about the easter pet, the dancing egg with the bunny ears that isn't hatching out, it it going to stay not moving around on the ranch? personally i'd like the option to chose if it wandered around or stayed still, and that would be nice for all pets
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 20th 2021 at 4:34 PM
Last Edited April 21st 2021 at 1:30 PM
Flybaby
One problem I find with the sequel to the Bunnegg quest is that a few players reported not being able to accept this years quest. After doing a little research, it turns out that they never hatched the egg from last year ... it was still in their inventories.

Problem ...

1) They can't accept this years quest until they hatch the Bunnegg from their inventory.

2) This year's quest didn't start until day 11, so there is not enough time left in the event to hatch the Bunnegg that they earned in 2020, and then do the 2021 quest before the event ends.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 1:40 PM
Flybaby
I'm hoping to be able to keep both pets from The Easter 2020 and 2021 events, and hope that this years pet isn't replacing the one we earned last year. Thinking back to other events, we've earned a new snowman every Xmas event, and we've earned new Pandaclaw pets every year (summer carnival).
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:00 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:01 PM
BarbZak
Flybaby

see my comment above..IT DOES replace last yrs bunny, I double checked my pets..and I have only 1 , it is this yrs bunny, update one with balloon..
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk wrote:

Are there any plans to add something new to the common maybe a apartment building for us that could be a mueseum of our adventures thruout BW2 like a charred hat or something from each zone.
Customization to the apartment like making one area a bedroom i know we have a ranch but for a better term player housing where it can feel more like something more personaly then random storage area.

Nothing concrete, but Georgia and I have talked about adding another Commons zone to the left of the current one where we could put new buildings like what you suggest.

Remember you don't have to have everything out on your ranch! You can store things away and only display things you want. You could limit it to your favourite trophies and still have the bedroom you want.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Saenz Family wrote:

I would like to see a carousel that we can put all our carousel pets on. Maybe have it rotate around so all are seen as it goes around.

This comes up fairly regularly. The short of it is it's a big art ask to have georgia draw different facings for each carousel item, in order for it to rotate.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
phagras wrote:

Since next year will be the tenth anniversary what about shrinking the Easter event and having a full anniversary event instead? Perhaps just do the world wide egg hunt and a handful of one-off quests?

This is a great idea. I do think the 10th anniversary would warrant a more bombastic anniversary celebration!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:08 PM
Flybaby
One idea for extra storage ... I think we talked about it before ... Is maybe an attic or basement for our ranches.
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Joyce wrote:

With summer coming, our pools and the beach on my island need some sunbathers! Sunbathers on towels like those on Amicus would be fine to start but maybe a little smaller. Ideally would like to be able to change hair color, skin shade (some need to be sun burned), and/or bathing suit colors. Would need to be able to rotate. Would be great if they could lay on stomach too. Sunbathers, male and female, should also be in the store so we can buy more (at a very reasonable price of course)!

A swimmer would also be nice for the pool even if it's in an inner tube or laying on a float.

This is a very neat idea! Allowing that kind of customization would require some new tech, so I'll have to take that into consideration. It would be neat to have some permanent guests on your ranch!
3205 Posts
Link to post - Posted April 21st 2021 at 2:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown wrote:

Oh! Joyce's idea is really cool. To add to it, maybe we could use our friends' avatars... have it work like mannequins or statues!

Oh! Having them be a random selection of your friends would be fantastic! Maybe you'd place a Friend NPC ranch item there, and every time you or a guest enter your ranch a random friend is there.