Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 19 - March 3rd, 2021
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2021 at 12:04 PM
Last Edited March 9th 2021 at 10:13 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday March 3rd at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 10-11 GMT).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 1st 2021 at 2:27 PM
Adino
I had a question.

Is it possible to get my ranch back to winter scene? I really liked the snowy look more than the plain grass look.
763 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2021 at 3:05 AM
Russel Denton
ok i have a question and a few idea's

Question

- now that we have the radio things, will the devs be monitoring the messages been sent to prevent bullying and such

IDEA'S
- the ability to merge pets - like for example merge a mana pet with a power pet

- i know we have had a few community quests on Amicus isle, so i reckon we could have more perhaps, so here's a few idea's i have come up with
- International Jazz day - April 30th - we could find X amount
of musical instruments and keep one as a sword
- World Bee Day - 20th May - we could find/whack X amount of
bee's to make a hive/s and as a reward we get to keep a hive
- International Day of Biological Diversity 22 May - we find
different species of animals , as a reward we get to keep a
animal or something
- World Environment Day
- World Migratory Bird day October 9
i know there's more but these seem good

- the ability to trade dusts for dusts we actually want

From Russel Denton
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2021 at 1:41 PM
phagras
Adino, the contractor wandering merchant on Amicus Isle sells ranch skins for 100BB. Buy that and you can set it to winter all year round.

Nick, on the subject of Amicus I could still use a way to teleport directly to a quieter room. If room 2 is busy it sometimes takes a very long time to load before I can then switch. Perhaps we could talk to the chap in the commons and have him set it to one of: default room, emptiest room, specific room.
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2021 at 3:09 PM
Last Edited March 2nd 2021 at 3:22 PM
BarbZak
Adino......The seasons should change accordingly.on ranch not unless it has changed. Mine is still Winter then soon Spring..etc...????

FYI..I sure do like the ham radio..use it all the time to f's in chat I don't see often.:D Dam good idea...Nick!!Since I ran out of gifts it is most useful :D

Moreover, I see manyy good flux suggestions, I would be happy with whatever is chosen :D
10 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2021 at 3:22 PM
Adino
@ phagras. Winter scene is missing from that merchant. Or at least it is for me.

@ Barb. I'm aware of that. But I started the game in December, so all I've seen is winterscape. I just miss it is all.
74 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 2nd 2021 at 5:38 PM
IamGroot
It's missing for me as well.
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 2:58 AM
CRYUnicornClear
Due to events out of my control I was unable to log in and lost my streak of several years I was wondering if I could get it back? I tried submitting a ticket but did not go through. Thank you.
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 7:13 AM
Peggy
I know that you have addressed this before but I don't understand why I am charged in American funds. I don't spend as much because of it. Other games are in Canadian funds as Bush Whacker used to be. Why can't a credit card be used like before in Canadian funds?
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 11:39 AM
Last Edited March 3rd 2021 at 2:11 PM
BarbZak
Will there ever be more types of mount horses to get from Clint,,like a Clydesdale and or a Gipsy Vanner etc the list is endless.:D
Also would like to skin them..
Post by BarbZak deleted March 3rd 2021 at 2:34 PM
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 2:59 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Adino:

I had a question.

Is it possible to get my ranch back to winter scene? I really liked the snowy look more than the plain grass look.

As other players have said, you can buy seasonal themes for your ranch from the Contractor merchant occasionally on Amicus Isle.

Once you have a theme, you can set it by going to your ranch, pressing the "Build Mode" button, then the "Skin Ranch" button.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:09 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Russel Denton:
ok i have a question and a few idea's

Question

- now that we have the radio things, will the devs be monitoring the messages been sent to prevent bullying and such

IDEA'S
- the ability to merge pets - like for example merge a mana pet with a power pet

- i know we have had a few community quests on Amicus isle, so i reckon we could have more perhaps, so here's a few idea's i have come up with
- International Jazz day - April 30th - we could find X amount
of musical instruments and keep one as a sword
- World Bee Day - 20th May - we could find/whack X amount of
bee's to make a hive/s and as a reward we get to keep a hive
- International Day of Biological Diversity 22 May - we find
different species of animals , as a reward we get to keep a
animal or something
- World Environment Day
- World Migratory Bird day October 9
i know there's more but these seem good

- the ability to trade dusts for dusts we actually want

From Russel Denton

The radio messages are no different than the gift messages. They can only be sent to your friends, so we trust you'll be respectful to one another. If a friend does ever send you a message you'd like to report, you can do so via a support ticket, and I can review the message and take any action necessary. That being said, you can always unfriend a friend who sends you messages you're uncomfortable with.

Regarding your ideas:
1) I see the appeal, but we don't intend to allow multiple bonuses on pets. Pets allow you to get a strong single bonus, and Mounts allow you to boost a broader array of bonuses.
2) Community quests have been a lot of fun! Thank you for the suggestions. I'll note them down to consider.
3) I've been tossing around the idea of a "Rune-y Bin" item related to the Alchrafter Certificate, which might do just this!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
phagras:

Adino, the contractor wandering merchant on Amicus Isle sells ranch skins for 100BB. Buy that and you can set it to winter all year round.

Nick, on the subject of Amicus I could still use a way to teleport directly to a quieter room. If room 2 is busy it sometimes takes a very long time to load before I can then switch. Perhaps we could talk to the chap in the commons and have him set it to one of: default room, emptiest room, specific room.

Having some default settings for which room you start in on Amicus is a great idea! I'll note this down to consider.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
So glad you're liking the HAM Radio, BarbZak!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:12 PM
Flybaby
I'm happy to see Spring again on my tropical island. I have no control over the themes on the island, but the season changed to spring on March 1st.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Adino:

@ phagras. Winter scene is missing from that merchant. Or at least it is for me.

@ Barb. I'm aware of that. But I started the game in December, so all I've seen is winterscape. I just miss it is all.

Can you confirm you don't have the Winter Theme already available when you click the "Skin Ranch" button in Build Mode?

If not, please submit a support ticket so I can take a closer look at your account.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:16 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick,
I have noticed that some of the Event floor tiles do not allow me to walk across them. They also blocked the entrance to my ranch house when I laid them down on the floor in front of the door. Some event tiles are ok, while others are not. If this is something you can look into and fix, I would be happy to submit a ticket with the list of problematic ones. Thanks
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 3rd 2021 at 3:18 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
The Contractor merchant is not visiting Amicus right now, so you'll have to wait until they do to check out their wares, Adino. The winter theme may not be available when it's winter, so check again now that it's spring.