Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 12 - January 13th, 2021
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vegan1964:

In Q&A 11, I asked about creating a museum. I was thinking of all the wall art, ribbons, statues, carousel animals, gnomes etc that I have run out of room for.

A museum other players could visit is a fantastic idea! You could showcase your favourite treasures you've accumulated. Something I'll consider for a future update.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ajv1:

Nick, I am really liking the trinket sets. It really helps, especially with Cenote area. Thanks! Also, thank you for the opportunity to purchase missing mounts during the last mini-event.

So glad you're appreciating Trinket Sets and the missing mounts store!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Matthew Kliparchuk:

Hi nick i dont use linux but this seems to have been missed in general
I also use Linux and was wondering if there will be a launcher for us.

While it may be possible to install Adobe AIR on Linux and use the AIR version available on the Downloads page, my colleague suspects that's a whole lot of effort. Also, I'm not sure Linux still supports Adobe AIR. They recommend trying a compatibility layer like Wine (https://www.winehq.org/) on the .exe in the "Windows Zip" option on the Downloads page.

I hope that helps!
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:18 PM
Bobbi Brown
The one thing I miss in the DL is the lack of notifications for friend requests and ticket response. The former is available on the account page; the latter is not
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:21 PM
Flybaby
Nick is there a cache we can clean to make game loading faster?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
rose29:

I think having a trinket that shows you what you will get in a bush using your full power bar would be good for purchase/max level/end of game reward. Also, in Sanctuary Village Shop only being able to purchase 1 of each item except for the badger. Fixing the 100% progress on Sanctuary Village. I know I'm not the only one stuck. I've been on it for 3 months or so more and still no 100%.
Another suggestion is in the PAGAS when buying eggs/pets have an option to 'only show eggs/pets you DON'T have'. That would be very useful.

Interesting idea. I see the appeal of being able to know what you're going to Power Whack out of a bush, but I worry it would remove the "gambling" aspect of Power Whack, which serves to excite and balance it as a Bush Whacking tool. Something to think more on, though!

What exactly is preventing you from progressing in Sanctuary Village? Last year, I added a chat option to the store NPC that should tell you what you're missing for their store achievement. Is the store achievement what's preventing completion, or is it something else? Any additional information would be appreciated!

Yes, a filter like that would be great, and possible now that it knows how many of each item you have.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:27 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96:

I'd like to know what custom items I have fished up from all the fishing areas available and which ones I still need, without having to back track and check against lists etc. Would it be possible to have the ncp near the fishing holes in the commons keep a track of such information? When you talk to him he could let you know which fishing areas are still yielding valuables.

Or, if you are still considering putting a flag on the areas that denote a fishing area, could you use, let's say a white flag for an area then change it's colour when all items are found?

I have been wanting to add a blue flag that gets added to map nodes when you've fished up all the items there, like the red flag for Secret Bonus Areas!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy):

Hi Nick, when working on achievements - Level 100 companions to level 40 - The text of the quest does not specify that you must keep those companions in your inventory without releasing them for the companion to qualify and be counted. This was a major annoyance for me. Could this be changed by either 1. Rewording the quest to reflect it's specifications or 2. Not requiring that they be kept in inventory?

I remember you reporting this issue Kate, and I'm planning to change the requirements so it counts released pets. Sorry for the inconvenience!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:28 PM
Flybaby
''I have been wanting to add a blue flag that gets added to map nodes when you've fished up all the items there, like the red flag for Secret Bonus Areas!''

Nick we already have blue flags for finished areas. Maybe make it a different color like yellow???
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:29 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Kate (aquafishy):

Will there be more mount armor for the reglar horse mounts that cannot be currently equipped with armour? I would love to see a saddle blanket for the summer, and "socks or boots" for a mount to "assist" with whacking things out of bushes.

Different kinds of mount skins for the horses would be neat! I'll see what Georgia thinks of the idea.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:31 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Bobbi Brown:

The one thing I miss in the DL is the lack of notifications for friend requests and ticket response. The former is available on the account page; the latter is not

I hear you about platform friend requests, but I have already added ticket notifications to the Desktop Launcher! You should get a Red Exclamation Mark on top of your Options gear button for unresolved tickets waiting a reply, and a Green Exclamation Mark for those with a reply.
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:33 PM
Flybaby
Nice touch Nick about the Red Exclamation Mark on top of your Options gear button for unresolved tickets waiting a reply, and a Green Exclamation ... Thank you!!!!
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby:

Nick is there a cache we can clean to make game loading faster?

Clearing the cache will increase first-load times, as it has to recache everything, but maybe it will speed other things up.

You can right-click the game in the Desktop Launcher and click "Clear Cache". If that doesn't do anything, you may need to locate Adobe AIR cache files and delete them, but this may clear your remembered login information.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:35 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Flybaby:

''I have been wanting to add a blue flag that gets added to map nodes when you've fished up all the items there, like the red flag for Secret Bonus Areas!''

Nick we already have blue flags for finished areas. Maybe make it a different color like yellow???

Oh right! Yellow could work... or maybe even a Fishing Rod?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:36 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Glad you appreciate the DL ticket notification, Flybaby!
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:48 PM
Flybaby
I like the idea of a fishing rod, good thought
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:49 PM
Bobbi Brown
OMG, Nick... I noticed that the ! changed from yellow to red to green, but never knew why!! /liz
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 3:50 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
No worries, Bobbi! Now you know :D
390 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 4:00 PM
Last Edited January 13th 2021 at 4:28 PM
BarbZak
I have been clearing DL cache for awhile now and it works somewhat better..

Also... after I clear DL cache, I reload and voila, faster,..just saying what I do :D
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted January 13th 2021 at 4:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Glad to hear it, BarbZak!