Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Q&A 10 - December 16th, 2020
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 14th 2020 at 10:49 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Greetings Bush Whackers! The next developer forum Q&A begins Wednesday December 16th at 2 PM to 3 PM Pacific (or 9-10 GMT).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
18 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 14th 2020 at 1:11 PM
Matias Muñoz Cortés
gracias
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 14th 2020 at 2:57 PM
ERIC1342
hi
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 14th 2020 at 11:16 PM
WhackedCrafter
Nick, you answered this on last Q & A when I asked about buying more Candy Cane Snow Globes "There's a Candy Cane store you can use to buy more to make turn ins at the elves." No there isn't, if you are talking about in the North Pole, because all the other Vendors in Bushwhackia don't.

My question: Are our Mounts ever going to get to go pass level 40?
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 15th 2020 at 6:21 PM
VikingHelga
Hi Nick. Hope everyone at CNE are well. So here is a thought: every year we help to build a ton of toys... couldn't we get one of them each year to put on our ranch? I neeeedz a bushbie doll ! LOL! thanks
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 15th 2020 at 10:26 PM
Last Edited December 15th 2020 at 10:26 PM
ERIC1342
hey nick do you still answer support tickets on the web ver. ?!
170 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 4:04 AM
Elsastar96
When using fertilizer on our crops, could we have a use on all button?

Could you put a flag (like those for secret areas) for the areas with a fishing hole?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:01 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let the Q&A begin!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:04 PM
Last Edited December 16th 2020 at 3:08 PM
WhackedCrafter
When was the last update that included getting to level 440?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vezorbinwrote:

Nick, you answered this on last Q & A when I asked about buying more Candy Cane Snow Globes "There's a Candy Cane store you can use to buy more to make turn ins at the elves." No there isn't, if you are talking about in the North Pole, because all the other Vendors in Bushwhackia don't.

My question: Are our Mounts ever going to get to go pass level 40?

My apologies! I had assumed you were talking about the Christmas event currency. Many ranch items can only be acquired once, but I can consider letting you buy duplicates of the Candy Cane Snow Globe, or perhaps add more different snow globes in future updates.

For the time being, we don't plan to let Mounts exceed level 40.
5 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:08 PM
Shelan
Hey! On the web, if you go to full screen you get a more encompassing pictur of the area you are in. IE you see more of the area. As it is now it is such a small area, is it possible to be able to see more inscreen. Maybe even a zoom feature? Thank you
Also been using the launcher and having terrible lag issues, went back to using the web for the short term. I have clicked on something with the curser, and it would click on what I had my curser over several seconds before. Heard others with similar problems.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:10 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
VikingHelga wrote:

Hi Nick. Hope everyone at CNE are well. So here is a thought: every year we help to build a ton of toys... couldn't we get one of them each year to put on our ranch? I neeeedz a bushbie doll ! LOL! thanks

We're doing well over here, thank you! Haha, that is a great idea! I'll see about letting you get the crafted toys during next Christmas. Thanks for sharing!
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:10 PM
WhackedCrafter
Shelan.... I just experienced that also just 5 mins ago. I had to refresh
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:13 PM
Last Edited December 16th 2020 at 3:16 PM
WhackedCrafter
Ok, Nick, about mounts not leveling pass 40, but why not?

I made do without the snow globe, I used something else instead. Wanted to decorate my Doo Doo Xmas Tree Maze on my Golf Course with the globes as Ornaments
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:13 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
ERIC1342 wrote:

hey nick do you still answer support tickets on the web ver. ?!

I certainly do, Eric! All the tickets, from web or the Desktop Launcher, all wind up in the same place.

I do answer them by priority, so if I haven't gotten around to your ticket yet, there've been more pressing tickets to respond to. Very sorry for the delay.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Elsastar96 wrote:

When using fertilizer on our crops, could we have a use on all button?

Could you put a flag (like those for secret areas) for the areas with a fishing hole?

I can see how a "Fertilize All Crops" button would save time. I'll consider it! Thanks for the suggestion.

The fishing hole flag suggestion is one I really like! It's been suggested before and is still on my list to consider. Thanks for the reminder :)
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:22 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vezorbin wrote:

When was the last update that included getting to level 440?

The update that increased the level cap was the Desolate Salt Desert update, added to the game on Friday November 2nd, 2018. The last update to the Salt Desert was released Friday January 3rd this year.

Suffice it to say, we're overdue for another update and level cap increase! Very sorry for the wait. After I get some Desktop Launcher chat improvements in the game, I plan to focus on the next major content area which will include the next level cap increase.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:28 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Shelan wrote:

Hey! On the web, if you go to full screen you get a more encompassing pictur of the area you are in. IE you see more of the area. As it is now it is such a small area, is it possible to be able to see more inscreen. Maybe even a zoom feature? Thank you
Also been using the launcher and having terrible lag issues, went back to using the web for the short term. I have clicked on something with the curser, and it would click on what I had my curser over several seconds before. Heard others with similar problems.

So the more of the game you can see, the more taxing it will be for your computer to run, as there's more objects on screen to render.

On web, there's a "Quality" option in the gear menu that adjusts how wide the game is to make it run better; High quality being the widest and slowest, and Low quality being the slimmest and fastest.

So by setting the game to full screen, it's more demanding on your computer, and may explain why you're seeing this lag. This largely depends on how powerful your computer processor is, so it will vary from player to player.

Unfortunately there's little I can do to improve this for you, given the technology the game uses. If I have the time, I'll consider poking around for some optimization, but in the meantime you can play the game in a smaller window to improve performance.
466 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:34 PM
WhackedCrafter
Wow... ok... thought last time was Sept 2017. Guess just seems longer. Can't wait for January, and understandable.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 16th 2020 at 3:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Vezorbin wrote:

Ok, Nick, about mounts not leveling pass 40, but why not?

I made do without the snow globe, I used something else instead. Wanted to decorate my Doo Doo Xmas Tree Maze on my Golf Course with the globes as Ornaments

It's about balancing how big players can make their bonuses. Mounts are already one of the most powerful ways to provide a variety of bonuses and/or few powerful bonuses. Plus, if you stack on Pets, Runes, and Trinkets, then you've got a lot of ways to maximize your bonuses!

It's a very delicate balancing act to make the game both challenging and rewarding to play.

The higher level the mount, the more powerful they it becomes, so increasing the max might imbalance the progression of the game. I absolutely get the appeal of continuing to level your pets and mounts past 40, but doing so requires a delicate assessment of the power available to players and plenty of number crunching and graph making to get it to feel right and satisfying.

Anyways, I hope that answers your question! Leveling up mounts and pets past 40 is not off the table, but it's more work than you might first think.

Glad you made it work without the globes! Your Doo Doo Xmas Tree Maze sounds, uh, interesting! xD