Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3
Q&A 2 - October 14th 2020
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 9:37 AM
Last Edited October 14th 2020 at 9:41 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)

Greetings Bush Whackers! It's time for the second forum Q&A!

Today’s live Q&A will start at 2 PM to 3 PM PDT (or 9-10 GMT).

Feel free to post your questions in advance if you’re unable to attend, and I’ll try to answer all the questions during the live session.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 1:40 PM
phagras
What's the proportion of players using the desktop client vs browser at the moment?
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 1:46 PM
Wackalott
Hi Nick, the EL6 was fun, sad that it didn't have more or that the shop did not open. There has been discussion in game about not being able to send gifts to all players, some are adamant that you can only send to buddies. I have said repeatedly that is not true as you changed it for all to be able to send to each just after the BFG to CNE migration. Could you confirm that please. Also I have been slack at my profile list of friends and was thinking is there a way for you to implement a button so we can tell who has not played for awhile and perhaps put a pause button or some such thing maybe like stop lights green, yellow, red. Green being active, yellow being have not played for a month and red have not played for a month or longer as I really do not like to unfriend and when sending for epacks some days I get 2 or 5 .I know you can use most recently played but I don't always. Also is their any word on the flag idea for where we have fished on our map yet ? Yjanks if you answer any of these in advance :)
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 1:47 PM
Wackalott
Phagras I want a refresh button first as it takes minutes to reload some days :(
388 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 1:55 PM
Last Edited October 14th 2020 at 1:57 PM
BarbZak
Nick....

Enjoyed doing EL6 and thank you for all rewards etc..

Nice Sonic butterfly statue, It is on my ranch top left corner.
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:01 PM
phagras
Wackalott, I've just double checked and you can indeed send to someone who is a friend but not a buddy.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:03 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Let's get this Q&A going!

I'll be checking this forum thread regularly for questions throughout the next hour.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:04 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
phagras, I don't currently have stats available on Desktop Launcher usage. Very interesting thought though!
259 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:08 PM
kiki_ar
Hi everyone! Hi Nick!
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:09 PM
phagras
Might be an intersting stat to track as we get closer to the end of the year.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Whackalott
RE: Gifts
I believe you're correct, that you can select anyone from your platform friends as a gift recipient while talking to Sasha. Let me know if you can confirm that's not the case!

RE: Friend Activity
Your in-game friend dialog should already tell you when each of your friends last played. Is that what you're looking for? After re-reading, you want to be able to tell this when selecting friends for requests, from either in-game or platform only friends, yes? If so, I can see the utility in that! I'll consider adding it.

RE: Fishing Map Flags
I've been meaning to add blue flags on the map nodes if there's a fishing hole there!

RE: Refresh Button on Desktop Launcher
This has been a popular request, but I should clarify that it will still take just as long to reload your game even if we do add the button. The same data has to get reloaded. It will just save you the hassle of having to close and re-open the Desktop Launcher program.
259 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:11 PM
kiki_ar
I´ll finish EL6 tomorrow... Missed one day because I was waiting for the town cryer to tell me the 2nd day quest was ready... :P
259 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:13 PM
kiki_ar
Hi Barb! Did you get the butterfly statue as reward for EL6?
1819 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:15 PM
Flybaby
Hi Nick, Just curious ...
... Are you planning on doing extended days for the Christmas event, like you did in 2018 and 2019?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:16 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
RE: Explorer's League Part 6
BarbZak, Whackalott, so glad you liked part six! I hope you get some use out of the mannequins. I've been meaning to setup weekly/monthly costume contests, and they might be good for that!

Whackalott, as Josephine hinted at, this epic quest line might finally be reaching it's terminus! We plan to open the store for it after that.
63 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:16 PM
Wackalott
Thanks for answering Nick I was referring to the list on our account page as it is too hard to know who has not played unlike the buddy list that you can actually see only those 250.It is a hassle to have to close and re-open the launcher atm. Is there a way to make this faster ,I do clear my cache in game and through settings, I am computer illiterate :) and need all the help I can get .
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:17 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
And thanks to all of you who donated to the BC SPCA fundraiser this past weekend. It means a lot to us! Glad to hear you found a place for the Sonic Statue on your ranch, BarbZak.
372 Posts
phagras
And are you going to fix the dialogue when we do the windsock quest?
63 Posts
Wackalott
Oooh more shopping in the future but the end of Explorers .....it was good while it lasted.....Thanks for all your work Nick .
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 14th 2020 at 2:19 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
RE: Explorer's League Part 6

kiki_ar, not knowing the cooldown on the subquest was a big piece of feedback. I've actually added a "sub quest cooldown" to the quest bar tooltip for quests like this that should make it easier than even visiting the Town Crier! Sorry it wasn't more timely. It'll be in the next update.