| Page 1 2 3 4 5
Facebook to Codename Games Account Migration
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 10:55 AM
Last Edited July 14th 2020 at 10:56 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hello Facebook Players!

You may have noticed a new notice above your game:

Important Notice: Bush Whacker 2 will be permanently moving from Facebook to the new Codename Games Portal on December 31st, 2020. You MUST transfer your account to the new site before this date in order to keep playing, otherwise all of your progress will be lost. If you do not wish to transfer right away, you can continue to play on Facebook until October 31st, 2020.

Here is the scoop: A couple weeks ago, Facebook notified us developers that Gameroom will not be a refuge to play Flash games after browsers stop supporting them. Instead, they plan to remove their Flash titles at the end of the year.

As such, we've decided to allow you to migrate your Facebook Bush Whacker 2 game to Codename Games, where you can continue to play in the Desktop Launcher after you can no longer do so in the main browsers.

Bush Whacker 2 is identical on Codename Games as it is on Facebook. The only difference is how to add your friends on the platform. You will need to re-add friends on Codename Games, but game-play will otherwise be the same.

Alternatively, you can now add Bush Whacker 2 friends when you click on a player on Amicus Isle, bypassing the need to be Platform Friends altogether, should you prefer this method. You can find details about this new process, and other changes on today's Change Log.

To migrate your account, simply click the "Click here to being the transfer process" link in the notice above your Facebook game to begin.

For those of you still on the old DJArts Rewards Program, you must spend any remaining tokens before you migrate, otherwise you forfeit those remaining tokens. Please read the notice above your game regarding details of its termination after July 31st.

Details about the Bush Whacker 2 on Codename Games can be found in the game's FAQ, under the "Codename Games Site" help category.

And you can also find details regarding account migration on the player made wiki (Shout out to Flybaby!)
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 11:07 AM
Naomi Hunt
the rewards seems broken anyway. it lets me collect and spend but doesnt add it to my game.

oh well. time to mgrate!
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 11:14 AM
Last Edited July 14th 2020 at 1:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Naomi, have you tried clicking the red "Spend" button in the DJArts Bar above the game to get to the rewards store? It will not always work if you copy in a link to the store.
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 11:16 AM
Naomi Hunt
yup, thats how ive always done it. doesnt matter now as im on the new site
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 11:18 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Sorry about that. I'm glad you've made the jump! Glad to have you on Codename Games :)
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 11:23 AM
Naomi Hunt
np and im just glad i can keep playing :)
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 1:51 PM
Last Edited July 14th 2020 at 1:57 PM
ERIC1342
hi nick that is tempting I WANT be able to keep play this game(WITHOUT starting over if possible) BUT is Codename Games free to use? or dose it have a weekly/monthly subscription fee for being logged-in on it?
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 2:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Eric. The Codename Games website is free to use. You do not need a subscription to create and use a Codename Games account.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 2:11 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
To answer some questions about the Codename Games Portal:

The CNE Portal is the Codename Games website: https://games.codenameentertainment.com/? , where you can play Bush Whacker 2 in your browser here: https://games.codenameentertainment.com/?page=game&game_id=1

This is separate from the Desktop Launcher. The Desktop Launcher is an application you can download to your computer to run Bush Whacker 2. You log in to the Desktop Launcher using an account on Codename Games.

When you migrate, you choose a Codename Games account (creating one if you don't already have one), to transfer your Facebook BW2 game, and all its progress, to. So you'll be playing your Facebook BW2 game from your Codename Games account.
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 2:48 PM
Kathy Jacobs
Nick,
I am fine with migrating to the Codename games version. BUT I can't use my tokens. When I try to log in on the token site (red button in the gameroom version, then login to facebook) it still gives me this error:
Login Failed: You can't use Facebook to log into this app or website because there's an issue with its implementation of Facebook Login.

Is it worth continuing to play in FB or just I just forfeit the 585 tokens I have in that program? It would be nice to get the energy from those tokens somehow...

Kathy
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 3:05 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Kathy, have you tried clicking the red "Spend" button on the DJArts bar on a web browser instead? It should log you in automatically.
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 3:12 PM
Kathy Jacobs
That's what I am doing, Nick. LMK if you want a screen recording of what happens. If you do, I'll record it and open a bug report.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 3:37 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Kathy, I was just able to load up your account and spend 40 of your tokens on BW2 energy without any issue. Could you try it again from a different browser?
258 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 3:52 PM
Cindy Hefferman
rewards show up if you refresh after spending ...I have same issue
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 3:53 PM
Michael Inaba
I sent a ticket to answer, but maybe you can just answer here...
SO if I don't use up my DJ arts tokens, they are converted into some type of energy items (in my inventory?) after July 31? "The DJArts Rewards Program will end on July 31st, 2020. After which, any remaining DJArts Tokens will be converted into Bush Whacker 2 Energy Items"... so I should wait till everything is converted to "energy items", before I migrate (so they'll come along with the migration?)
258 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 4:00 PM
Cindy Hefferman
was just going to ask same thing...so I'll get 1500 worth of energy items put into my inventory??
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 4:02 PM
Kathy Jacobs
Thanks to Nick, I was able to spend my tokens using Edge instead of Chrome. I was also able to transfer to the desktop version of the game - keeping my character, all that energy I just bought, my history, etc.

Thanks to Nick for the suggestion to try another browser. I had tried Chrome on multiple machines and FireFox on multiple machines. Edge let me spend the tokens. (Strange to come across something that works there and not other browsers!)
206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 4:06 PM
Kathy Jacobs
Fair warning: If you get the spending to work, you will have to buy the refills (either the 40 credit ones or the 14 credit ones) one at a time.

I ended up buying over 57K of energy and 25 large energy bundles with my 585 tokens. I still had 49 left after that, but decided to let them go.
3206 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 4:10 PM
Last Edited July 14th 2020 at 4:14 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Glad to hear it worked, Kathy!

DJArts Tokens only apply to players who started playing Bush Whacker 2 on Facebook before 2015-04-21.

Michael, if you migrate before July 31st, you will lose any unspent DJArts Tokens. You can spend them before you migrate, or wait until they're automatically converted after July 31st.

Cindy/Michael, should you wait until July 31st, your remaining DJArts Tokens will be converted into a unique 100% energy restoration item called a "DJArts Rewards Drink". They'll cost the same as the 100% restoration you can buy in the rewards store, so what you'll get is:

Your leftover rewards tokens divided by 40 = the number of DJArts Rewards Drinks you'll get, rounded up.

If you migrate before this conversion happens, you forfeit your unspent DJArts Tokens.
59 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 4:12 PM
Michael Inaba
So in other words I need to wait until the conversion of the tokens, then migrate... got it. Thanks!