Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5
The Codename Games Desktop Launcher is here!
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2020 at 8:36 AM
TheCatWhispurrer
"invalid parameters (error code: -1)" I have an account for playing the games and an account for talking in the forums; even tried changing my password to see if that would help, yet still get the aforementioned message when I try to log into desktop game.

On another note, ChatBox doesn't stay open when I log in one the website, either. Does this game only work on certain browsers or something?
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 12th 2020 at 11:47 AM
phagras
Hmm, odd. The accounts for forums and games are different (I have different passwords for each). I pay on the website with Firefox, both Windows and MacOS. Something might be corrupted on your account perhaps. That would be a question for Nick or Justin I expect.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2020 at 9:43 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your game in the Desktop Launcher, TheCatWhispurrer. Are you still able to play your account fine on a web browser? Is this issue just when you're using the Desktop Launcher?
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2020 at 8:52 PM
ERIC1342
the "Codename Games Desktop Launcher" STILL has some "bugs" I see...
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 13th 2020 at 8:55 PM
Last Edited July 13th 2020 at 8:57 PM
ERIC1342
oh and "Facebook Plans to remove ALL flash games by the end of the year" any up-dates on THAT front?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 1:30 PM
Last Edited July 14th 2020 at 1:30 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Eric, I've created a new thread regarding our plans around Bush Whacker 2 on Facebook: https://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=24942#96067

Unfortunately, our other Flash games on Facebook, like Bush Whacker Classic, will be removed after December 31st.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 14th 2020 at 5:26 PM
TheCatWhispurrer
Okay, so let me see if I understand this correctly. Someone told me the other day that I need 3 accounts:
1 for the online game
1 for the forums, and
1 for the desktop game.
Is this true and the whole reason I can't sign into the desktop game is because I need a third account for the desktop version of Bush Whacker 2?
372 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2020 at 2:18 AM
phagras
No Cat, it isn't true. You don't need an account for the forums unless you actually want to post. The desktop version definitely uses the same login as the website version.
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2020 at 5:57 AM
Adam Kay
I'm trying to mitigate my game data from Facebook to your site, but it's not giving me the transfer instructions despite me putting me email address in. Is it a bug or something?
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2020 at 7:46 AM
Horsedancer1
Adam, check your junk mail folder. Sometimes my email even from Medicare gets dumped into the Junk mail folder. Good luck
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2020 at 7:52 AM
Adam Kay
I did. There's nothing in it.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2020 at 11:25 AM
TheCatWhispurrer
Going to uninstall BW2 desktop and try again through Firefox; maybe something got screwed up by the Avast (strongly Chrome-based, but much more secure) Browser.

I'll keep you all posted.
108 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 15th 2020 at 11:39 AM
TheCatWhispurrer
Online game's performance improved via Firefox; desktop game still reporting the same error code even after uninstalling and re-installing via Firefox. Anyone with a clue how to fix the issue? I really would hate to have to miss out on any game play next year.
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2020 at 9:03 AM
Last Edited July 16th 2020 at 9:09 AM
jbrecken
I've gotten problems fishing on Amicus a number of times now. It seems like it's getting confused when it has to load too many graphics. The background box around the active quests disappears, and then clicking on things stops working. And fishing remains broken even after exiting and restarting the app.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2020 at 9:45 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Adam, are you trying to verify your email address for creating a Codename Games account? As someone said, check your junk folder, as well as any promotions/spam/trash folders. You could also try searching for "codename" and seeing if it comes up there.

Feel free to email us at bw2support@codenameentertainment.com if you continue to have issues with this.

I'll look into your problem logging in to the launcher as soon as I can, TheCatWhispurrer! Sorry for the wait.

That's very strange jbrecken. Do you only have that issue when using the Desktop Launcher? Does it persist on web?
15 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2020 at 10:48 AM
jbrecken
only on the desktop.
Post by jbrecken deleted July 16th 2020 at 10:48 AM
19 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2020 at 1:43 PM
Zingman
CTRL-V does not seem to work on the standalone client. I can right-click and select paste, but if I do CTRL-V nothing happens.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2020 at 3:06 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
jbrecken, does fishing break like that for you every time? Or only sometimes? I just tried fishing 20 times on Amicus and didn't experience any issues. Is anyone else seeing a similar issue as jbrecken?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted July 16th 2020 at 3:07 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Yes, being unable to CTRL-V Paste is an unfortunate side effect of the Desktop Launcher at the moment. Sorry about that.