Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4 5
The Codename Games Desktop Launcher is here!
16 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2020 at 3:38 AM
SIMMOJU
maybe one of the unused chat rooms could be made into the forum site
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2020 at 5:17 AM
Buck
Who gets contacted when you have issues with this new launcher, codename entertainment or cne as mine is useless as it sits now!
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2020 at 1:48 PM
Naniwa Man
Digging in SALTED QUARRY does not show !, !!, !!!.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2020 at 1:55 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Buck, please submit a BW2 support ticket if you have any issues with the Desktop Launcher.
260 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2020 at 10:28 AM
kiki_ar
I can´t find an access to chat... where is it now?
Thanks!!!
Post by kiki_ar deleted June 3rd 2020 at 10:28 AM
87 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2020 at 10:37 AM
jeankahn
I agree with Naniwa Man & don't see where to submit a support ticket on the new site
260 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2020 at 10:56 AM
kiki_ar
Jean: check the gear icon (bottom right of page). When clicked, an "!" on the top will show "help and support"...
hope it helps...
87 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2020 at 11:30 AM
jeankahn
Thanks so much--it worked & I submitted a ticket
12 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 8:32 AM
enzfyr
You are not alone, Theresa - I'm also a CNE player on Chromebook, desperately trying to get to the flux before I'm abandoned.
Lvl 440 "Dispenser of Justice!"
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 4:21 PM
Heide Mulcahey
Ok so yesterday, flash stopped working for me, so today i did the desktop download........... Unfortunate for me. its as if i am playing for the very first time.. what do i do to get my character, tokens, gold, etc back to where i was?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 4:34 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Heide,

What platform were you playing on before using the Desktop Launcher? You log in with the same account you use on Codename Games, so if you played anywhere else, you'll have to make a new account for now.

Sincerely,
Nick
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 4:43 PM
Heide Mulcahey
I was playing on Facebook since DAY 1. I originally played bw1, and just morphed into BW2.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 5:12 PM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Heide,

The Desktop Launcher is currently only for Codename Games accounts. As is stands, Facebook users can use the Facebook Gameroom application to play outside of a browser.

Sorry for the confusion!

Sincerely,
Nick
13 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2020 at 7:10 PM
Heide Mulcahey
ok, thanks.........
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2020 at 7:33 AM
Horsedancer1
@Nick, how safe is this d/l version from hackers? I don't understand how players can still interact with each other. Doesn't that give others an opening into our computers? Thanks!
11 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 9th 2020 at 7:49 PM
Carter-M
What are the chances that the AG, Kong or webgame site that uses flash to implement an option merge the progress with CN or vice versa?
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 11th 2020 at 10:01 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi Horsedancer1,

The desktop launcher only communicates with our servers, which means your computer isn't talking to other players' computers so there's no chance of them accessing your computer.

Sincerely,
Nick
479 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 11th 2020 at 12:24 PM
Horsedancer1
Thanks so much Nick!!! I will give it a try.
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 12th 2020 at 10:42 AM
Last Edited June 12th 2020 at 10:46 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Version 1.1 of the Desktop Launcher is now available!

Read the list of fixes and improvements on the blog.

Note: Next time you open the Desktop Launcher, you will get a popup saying an update is available, with a button that will take you to the downloads page. You will have to download and install the new version (If you used the Windows .exe it will update the version instead of installing a new one).

You can keep playing using version 1.0, but it won't have all of the fixes. The blog post lists which fixes/improvements you'll get if you stick to 1.0.

I don't expect to be updating the launcher much, as the majority of fixes and improvements happen in the regular game, not the launcher. Hopefully there won't be any more downloads required, if any!