Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22
New Content! Spine of the World Quest Hub
115 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 22nd 2017 at 3:54 PM
Chevalis
No it's not a lottery.. a chain should drop if a corresponding trial is done.... There was a glitch at the beginning where chains weren't dropping and it's been fixed
Lvl 420 "Needs More Energy!"
103 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2017 at 1:42 AM
Jennifer Mitchell
There is so much confusion on here am I right in thinking a chain drops of each trial you do until that trial is complete but you are not guaranteed to get trials you still need to complete for example after waiting a week a got a Sudoku which I have all four chains already off so now I have the long wait for the next trial hoping I get one of the other two.
115 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2017 at 4:23 AM
Chevalis
Yes the trial selection is random... but what is the rush? Unless you are planning on quitting the game... once a week you spend a bit of time completing the trial and no energy is involved.

Though it would be nice if the trials reset at midnight once your wait is up. So you could wait a day with a 66% chance of the trial changing. I know I hate the pillars and probably am going to spend 10 BB each trial until the chains drop. I would hate to have to spend 10 BB and not be able to skip the trial for free once all the chains are off.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2017 at 7:43 AM
Raymond
the issue with that Chevalis is that i think the nature of the challenge is not known till you accept it and it says it is sudoku or slider or pillar. so once accepted it will not change at a midnight reset.
they would have to rewrite the code so these act more like every other quest and tell you what it is before it is accepted. i am unsure why these are not like every other repeatable quest.

p.s. someone in chat mentioned that for pillars there is no 'penalty' for clicking a wrong pillar, so with a programmable mouse clicker one can click all 6 in a circular pattern every 0.1 second over and over and complete it easily. I have not had pillars since i learned this, so i am not certain.
1096 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 23rd 2017 at 10:24 AM
Last Edited August 23rd 2017 at 10:35 AM
Barbara Tompkins
ahhhh the pillars are my fav and I have a good set up for the pillar.. puzzle..and it works...I also clicked a wrong pillar once but then got the right one right away..and no there was no penalty..and I had to be careful for the one that will end the game...But I have been lucky so far...:)gl peepzz

Moreover..the last few puzzles had chains dropping for me..thanks to Nick..fixing the glitch....:)
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 24th 2017 at 6:57 AM
Raymond
the town crier does tell you what kind of challenge it is, so one can skip and wait till past midnight and possibly get a different one.
Post by Brandy Grote deleted August 25th 2017 at 7:25 PM
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2017 at 12:49 AM
DestKitteh
The new update means the challenge will reset at midnight each night until you get one you need.

Once completed, you have to wait 7 days.

Refer to http://www.codenameentertainment.com/?page=bw2&post_id=552#blog

for more information.
115 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2017 at 12:55 AM
Chevalis
Midnight Pacific Daylight Time... Victoria, BC time in other words.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2017 at 2:45 AM
DestKitteh
If you want to know the time in the Pacific time zone, it says it at the bottom of the page. I can't be bothered doing the difference, so it helps. Although current reset time for me is at 4:30pm my time. :)
Post by Chevalis deleted August 26th 2017 at 12:37 PM
Lvl 400 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2017 at 3:55 PM
Nancy Bouchard
i am trying to do the ice path in the Rokmasher secret chambers but all im doing is going around in circles i need help please
Post by Nancy Bouchard deleted August 31st 2017 at 4:21 PM
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2017 at 5:59 PM
Raymond
like all ice paths there is an entrance (among a few possible choices) and one exit (the exit here is top center).
try working backwards mentally to see what can be correct, that's how some people did it, others just choose a start, go till you can't, choose a direction, repeat. when that fails then start over and make the last possible decision differently. repeat till the decision is the start point, and try some other start. repeat...
at some point you will end up where you want to be. take good notes and this will work for anyone.

or you could use what someone once posted in chat:
rock ice Right entrance, go left, go down, right, down, left, up, right, up, right, up, left, down, left, up, left, up, left, up, right, down, right, down, left. up
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 2nd 2017 at 12:01 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Icelandic?

Enforcers speak Icelandic?

Brotna!!takk fyrir að þú sért íslenskur í leiknum. Brotna!!
Post by Rebecca Beattie deleted September 2nd 2017 at 12:02 AM
3215 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2017 at 8:25 AM
Nickshire (CNE Dev)
Hi folks,

Thanks again for helping each other out with the new content! It's always a treat to see you working together.

Rebecca - I picked most of the Enforcer/Rocksmasher words from this list of Norse/Viking words:
http://www.vikingsofbjornstad.com/Old_Norse_Dictionary_E2N.shtm
I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are shared with Icelandic!

Sincerely,
Nick
Lvl 420 "Needs More Energy!"
103 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 6th 2017 at 9:10 AM
Jennifer Mitchell
So frustrating I keep getting number puzzle and its the only one I've completed I tried waiting another 24 hours and still the number puzzle waited a further 10 hours in case of time difference and still the same puzzle so I just completed it now I have another week to wait to see if I get a different one its going to be weeks at this rate before i release my chains on the other two puzzles.
Post by Jennifer Mitchell deleted September 6th 2017 at 9:10 AM
Lvl 440 "Loves The Developers"
799 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 6th 2017 at 9:53 AM
Rebecca Beattie
Nick: When I first saw the Enforcers saying "Brotna" I thought it was a made up word. Google translate identified it as Icelandic. I was pleasantly surprised that Google translate said it came from a real language. My hats off to you for using real words. Even better now that I realize you are aimed at archaic words. (My inner nerd like this.)

As to the bit of Icelandic at the bottom of my post above.... it is courtesy of Google Translate. I don't remember exactly what I was trying to say. Something like "Thank you for using Icelandic"