218 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 2:04 PM
FingerDemon
hey zaq bad idea to make sexual references in a children's game forum

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 3:10 PM
Last Edited June 4th 2016 at 3:10 PM
Supervised
Can we reply the thread without labeling people, calling people fanatics and feminists?

My take on this is that gender distribution should reflect the setting of the story.

For instance, if the story is about wars then it's reasonable that man characters are much more than females. It is unreasonable to require 50-50 on genders under all circumstances.

Now in this game, I am not sure entirely what the story is based on, but it clearly isn't based on our modern society. So it's completely up to the devs to decide the gender distribution.

189 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 4:09 PM
Azaryah
And if it needed to represent modern society, we'd need also get rid of robotic, mythical, magical, and anthropomorphic animal crusaders (ie. over half of the line-up).

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 5:37 PM
Teschio
Supervised, I think calling Tygari a feminist isn't "labeling", it's factual. Like calling her a fanatic, because sadly she is (her unwillingess to accept opinions different from hers is one of the definitions of fanaticism...). I, on the other hand, have been called a troll, a mysoginist and even a nazi (she actually compared me to both Hitler and Stalin...). I think calling her a feminist and a fanatic is being overtly gentle, all things considered...

On the point you make, I am not exactly sure this game HAS a setting. While "classic" crusaders seem to suggest more of fantasy setting (with wizards, princesses and warriors), with event crusaders we also have a fair share of robots, a frat guy, a rockstar, an airplane pilot, a clown, a couple of superheroes... it looks really, REALLY random to me. Basically when the devs have an idea for an event they run with it, there is no such thing as a "setting"...

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 5:45 PM
Tygari
Supervised you might be surprised to learn in all wars of history where women were suppressed it was common for women to disguise themselves as men to join anyways.

526 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 6:52 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
This game has no real story most of the characters are based off the BW1 and 2 games. Just because there arent = # of female crusaders doesnt mean that the dev are being racist/sexist etc. They crete cusaders that are interesting, THere are plenty of female crusaders sure therer could be more but in the long run it realy doesnt matter its just a game. Getting bent outa shape over something so meaningless is rather ridiculous.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 6:53 PM
Last Edited June 4th 2016 at 6:55 PM
Supervised
Calling people fanatic, feminist, troll, nazi, etc, all is not helpful. "feminist" is a label too. I don't like labeling people.
Just stick to the topic, everyone.

@Tygari
I know. But still males are the majority in wars (as soldiers) and it would be inaccurate to have 50% female soldiers in such setting.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 7:00 PM
Tygari
Supervised is that because women were locked out or because they didn't wish to participate?
Most governments to this day, including America, have restrictions on what they will allow women to do in combat.

I like how the Israel's approach it. Men and women are fully equal and allowed to participate in any part of the military. Their only rule is a group has to be composed completely of a single gender due to problems of mixing male and female soldiers in a same unit.

31 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 7:24 PM
Supervised
@Tygari

Well, I think that is completely off the topic.

Like others said, the game is not based on any real world settings. It's completely imaginary and kind of random. So I think it is reasonable to have fewer females (it is also reasonable if we had fewer male characters which happens not to be the case). Plus we do have a female pilot in this game so I don't think the devs are remotely sexist or anti-women.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 7:38 PM
Tygari
Supervised your right, that was off topic. I don't know the pilot. As I said I been playing since February. I still believe the game is unfairly balanced. More female crusaders should be released.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2016 at 4:06 AM
Teschio
No they should not. At least, not for the reasons YOU want. If it's for game balancing, like with the Mission, then I am perfectly fine with that (I would also like more magical and healers, some tags I always have problems with). But certainly NOT becuase you are trying to forward your political agenda.

THIS IS A VIDEOGAME: getting upset by it makes no sense, especially since no sane person would ever think the lack of female crusaders is due to sexism from the devs. Please fight your battles elsewhere (or better still, realize that the answer to widespread misogyny is not misandry)

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2016 at 3:33 PM
Tygari
Don't care if it a video game. More females should be released cause it not right. Whine all you want troll but I won't change my view.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2016 at 3:34 PM
TsukasaWM
"Don't care if it a video game. More females should be released cause it not right. Whine all you want troll but I won't change my view."

And here we have the prime example of the modern day SJW.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2016 at 4:59 PM
Teschio
"Don't care if it a video game. More females should be released cause it not right. Whine all you want troll but I won't change my view."

Translation:

"I don't care if I get worked up by meaningless things, if I think something is right then it MUST be right, because I can't be wrong. And I will never change my viewpoint because, again, I am never wrong".

And some people wonder why I called you a fanatic...

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2016 at 5:47 PM
ihatethisfing
your translation is a bit off, because you are a troll and left that part out. jackarse.

526 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2016 at 9:17 PM
Matthew Kliparchuk
Lets either keep this civil ihatethisfing or teh dev will lock this up which it should this has gone down hill so badly that it should just be not reopened The point has been made already and trashing each other isnt solving anything. Please Poeple read the forum code of conduct or your posting priveldges could very well be revoked.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 5th 2016 at 11:10 PM
Teschio
Funny, ihatethisfing, I disagree with you in another topic (a very stupid topic by the way: http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=12516 ) and suddently I become the enemy and a troll. Of course calling someone a troll is easy, even if he doesn't have any of the troll's traits... and it's a great way to stop any conversation. I could have done that with Tygari (a real troll WOULD have done that, in fact), but I didn't, because I am non interested in stifling the conversation. Even though it has gone too far now, and I believe this topic should be closed.

You simply are another one who doesn't tolerate different opinions. There seems to be far too many of you lately.

319 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2016 at 12:34 AM
Last Edited June 6th 2016 at 12:34 AM
ihatethisfing
you are wrong, again. it was never just one topic and never just about me. it is all your posts collectively. by the way, "a very stupid topic" is further proving my point that you are nothing but a troll, as well as you pasting that link as it has you sarcastically saying (aka trolling) "Wow, those were 20 minutes of you life well spent...". it is also funny that you say you're disagreeing in that link when you have done nothing of the sort, you were only just being your dbag troll self.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2016 at 1:16 AM
Teschio
A troll never uses reason, a troll never helps other users. Shall I link you a hundred posts when I do just that? Calling people troll just because you don't like what they say is not a very productive attitude. And yes, I WAS disagreeing with you: on the usefulness of your topic (which imho is non-existent).

You, on the other hand, have done nothing but insulting me, both in this topic and the other one, never once trying to defend your positions. Considering the definition of troll ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll ) who do you think fits the description better?

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 6th 2016 at 2:28 AM
Last Edited June 6th 2016 at 2:29 AM
Stoffer
So many ad hominems all of a sudden...

Read the arguments, post counter-arguments, attack arguments, defend arguments, improve arguments. Not necessarily in that order.

Accusing people of being trolls is not only bad for you to do, but bad for yourself because that is exactly what a troll wants you to. Only way to really counter a troll is with facts and reason without showing any sign of outrage about it. Other people that read the thread from start will see for themselves who is arguing their points or the topic and who doesn't. Trolling is only one of many interpretations of those that use logical fallacies and stay off-topic.

Teschio posts his arguments, points out flaws in other's arguments, and he defends his points. That is not trolling.

Also consider that people can be bad at discussions. Assuming that they have to be trolling, when they could simply struggle with wording etc., is a bad move. Bad arguments does not make people a troll.

Here's a tip: If you want to keep the thread and topic serious; NEVER be the first one to accuse people of trolling.