Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2 3 4
Lack of Female Crusaders. Take 2.

5 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 10:33 AM
Scott Butler
/sarcasm/ Yes, we should only try to get diversity once we see a need for it /sarcasm/

One of the points that people are trying to make in the world regarding the need for more diversity in general is that often people don't even realize what is missing when they don't have diversity. In this case, several people see it as being completely pointless to have more representitive genders in a game (nevermind that it is so pointless, you still want to maintain the status quo, even though it doesn't matter to you). The point is that having games give a non representitive sampling of the world gives a skewed impression in general.

Now, I find it someone enlightening that now that missions require genders - some of the people who saw no reason for diversity now want more females. Good to see that at least integrity is present, if not respect for different opinions.

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 10:33 AM
Carlene Paquette
I also think representation is a valid reason. According to current data, world population is approximately 50/50 by gender. What's wrong with mirroring that in the game? Seems pretty simple to do.

"In 2013, 49.59% of the global population were women.
81 countries had a majority of women, 37 countries had a majority of men, 75 were within 0.5% of gender parity."

http://qz.com/335183/heres-why-men-on-earth-outnumber-women-by-60-million/

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 10:44 AM
TsukasaWM
Tumblr is that way people ->

38 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 11:33 AM
Last Edited June 2nd 2016 at 11:37 AM
Tibberous
1. What does real life have to do with a game? so what if there are more male characters? its just a game, enjoy it.

2. On the attempt to derail this "post", what do you guys think of GOT so far? Or better yet, whats your favorite show?

Edit: On the note of missions, i would say yes, we need more females. Other than that, this post is useless

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 1:37 PM
Teschio
THIS IS A GAME! This is not real life. Gender equality IN A VIDEOGAME is something only third-wave fanatical feminists and PC police can advocate for. If we were talking about real life, the OF COURSE we need equality! I have always said that! But a VIDEOGAME? Let's be serious, this is a first-world problem if there ever was one... Asking for gender equality IN A VIDEOGAME is something only fanatics would do. And fanatics are almost always wrong (in the rare case they are not, they surely SEEM to be, anyway...)

Scott, I don't "want to mantain the status quo". I REALLY don't care wether this game has 100% males, 100% females, 100% robots or anything in between. I just don't like fanatics, and I think they should NOT have their way. Regardless of what they are fanatic about. I am not agains gender equality, I am against gender equality BECAUSE A FANATICAL FEMINIST SAID SO. If we were talking about game mechanics, then this would be a COMPLETELY different argument, and I would be in favour of 50% female (including animals, something Tygari is against because in her distorted view having female animals belittles women...). But asking for equality for representation reasons? Guys, THIS IS A VIDEOGAME, is it that hard to understand? This DOES NOT MATTER. Save your outrage for really outrageous things, please.

202 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 1:45 PM
Carlene Paquette
It is obviously hard for you to realize... but role models come from all sorts of places. Language, games, TV, Movies... these all impact how we think and feel about what is normal and what is possible. I don't understand why you feel so threatened by this idea. Or so sure that it is ridiculous.

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 1:54 PM
TsukasaWM
Because *gasp!* *shock!* it's not a requirement for everything in existence to push your political agenda.

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 1:56 PM
Tygari
Games aren't just play. Their also representations of culture, of people, and even politics. They are the designer's view of the world along a theme line. Just cause a game is a small aspect of the world doesn't mean it meaningless. A lot of small aspect changes can make a push for one large aspect change.

Furthermore if this is as worthless as some claim than why are they fighting so hard to stop it?

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 1:59 PM
TsukasaWM
"Furthermore if this is as worthless as some claim than why are they fighting so hard to stop it?"

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 2:53 PM
Teschio
"Furthermore if this is as worthless as some claim than why are they fighting so hard to stop it?"

Because I hate fanaticisms of every kind. And, I have to say, third-wave fanatical feminism is pretty high on my list too.
By the same reasoning, someone who thinks people that do not wear yellow should be executed (a really worthless idea) should not meet any resistance when he says this publicly... this is absurd, stupid ideas NEED to be fought. Because they are stupid, not because they are threatening.

"[games] are the designer's view of the world along a theme line". No they are not. I am pretty sure CNE designers do not think "let's limit the number of female crusaders because women are inferior". They do not even NOTICE that there are fewer females than males. They just come up with an idea, and find a character that represents it (example: for the Game of Thrones spoof, they chose a dragon - because it's a freaking DRAGON!- and Tyrion, the best character in the show). Like I said many times, ONLY fanatics like you notice this thing, for the rest of normal people this is a non-issue.

Also, I know discussing with fanatics using logic and reason is worthless, but I will give it a try anyway: even if this game had complete gender equality, it would change NOTHING. The idea that gender equality IN A VIDEOGAME could be a step, albeit a small one, towards gender equality in real life is something that only a fanatical feminist can think. For the rest of the world, THIS DOES NOT MATTER ONE BIT. It's not even NOTICEABLE. If EVERY videogame in the world had complete gender equality, we would not be even half an inch closer to gender equality in real life. I know you think otherwise, but the fact you can think something does not mean it is automatically true...

273 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 3:44 PM
TsukasaWM
"even if this game had complete gender equality, it would change NOTHING. The idea that gender equality IN A VIDEOGAME could be a step, albeit a small one, towards gender equality in real life is something that only a fanatical feminist can think. For the rest of the world, THIS DOES NOT MATTER ONE BIT. It's not even NOTICEABLE. If EVERY videogame in the world had complete gender equality, we would not be even half an inch closer to gender equality in real life. I know you think otherwise, but the fact you can think something does not mean it is automatically true..."

To back this up numberwise, just looking at steam. Average number of CotLI players on steam. 1,598.1 Average number of players on steam actually playing games. 2,326,195. Do the math, even if CotLI tried to push a message, they're getting roughly 0.06% of the players on steam overall. In other words, stop wasting time trying to push an agenda that literally 99.9% of your player base isn't even going to see our be aware of.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 4:23 PM
Teschio
Tsukasa, my point goes even further than that: even if ALL Steam users played CotLI, the probability of gender equality in this game affecting anything in real life is exacty zero. It's not even a matter of visibility, it's simply the fact that ONLY fanatics notice or care about gender inequality in a videogame. Normal people do not. This whole discussion is nothing but an ultra-feminist rant, and as such it should be ignored. Unfortunately, I couldn't stop myself, and had to respond to the blatant use of strawman and unsubstantiated statements....

85 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 6:40 PM
Last Edited June 2nd 2016 at 7:01 PM
Tygari
Teschio the misogynistic troll is once again trying to derail this thread by turing this into a mass political debate to flame is hate speech agenda against women. If this thread gets closed again cause of his prejudice and off topic antics I will just make it again. Why won't a dev step in and delete his repeated crap that is blatantly off topic and purposefully harassing those trying to talk. He clearly trying to destroy a thread for his own sadistic fun?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 2nd 2016 at 7:05 PM
Raymond
and you will be prevented from posting in the forums for violating the forum rules

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 1:24 AM
Last Edited June 3rd 2016 at 4:21 AM
Teschio
Tygari, I have not answered to this topic ON PURPOSE for 4 days, to give time to carry on the discussion without having to defend myself from you stupid accusations. So, you can say anything you want, but NOT that I am trying to derail the conversation.

The only one who actively wants to prevent the conversation is YOU, since you call anyone who disagrees with you a misogynistic troll (at least this time you didn't call me a nazi...). And YOU are the only one with a political agenda here (furthering your fanatical brand of feminism).

Also, can you PLEASE tell me when did I use "hate speech against women"? I would like the exact sentence, if you don't mind. And I guarantee you that if you look for it you would not find it (but I am sure you wouldn't even TRY to find one, in your fanaticism-addled brain the fact that I disagree with you is more than enough to say that I hate women). What you WILL find, however, is that I strongly disagree with you, ON THE TOPIC AT HAND (so no derailing here), that is the need for gender equality in VIDEOGAMES. But you clearly never tried to address what I said, just called me a troll and a misogynist to distract from you own lack of arguments: it's a logical fallacy, ad hominem, but you committed so many logical fallacies that one more is hardly noticeable...

You know, if I hadn't met people like you before (fanatical feminists) I would just think that you are a troll, and this whole topic is just you own way to make fun of people. Sadly, I am pretty sure this is not true, and that you TRULY BELIEVE that gender inequality in a VIDEOGAME is something to be outraged by...

As a last note, THIS TIME I let the conversation play out before I intervened. This won't happen again. If you open a new thread with the same B.S. you are writing here, YES, I guarantee you I will answer. And I sincerely hope the thread gets closed. Not because I want to prevent a conversation (YOU are the only one doing that, by demanding that people that disagree with you should not take part in it), but because fanatics SHOULD NOT WIN. No matter what they are fanatical about.

7 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 2:52 AM
Last Edited June 3rd 2016 at 2:54 AM
The Dog Catcher
The true inequality here is Teschio guaranteeing to post in Tygari's threads but refusing to post in mine.

Teschio's posts are generally of a high quality, I enjoy reading them and I would like a reply to read on one of my threads.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 3rd 2016 at 3:57 AM
Teschio
Nope. Not gonna happen. Stop trying to bait me into an answer, I do not feed trolls.
Post by Teschio deleted June 3rd 2016 at 3:59 AM

124 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 1:44 AM
Last Edited June 4th 2016 at 1:44 AM
zaqqaz
Females cant be warriors, so it is normal 30 man and 10 females.

But... We need more nightsisters with big tits.

692 Posts
Link to post - Posted June 4th 2016 at 4:44 AM
Teschio
Zaqqaz, the discussion is heated enough without trolls like you, thank you very much. By the way, maybe you don't realize that this stupid comment gives some credit to Tygari's rantings, while they deserve none...