Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Event Released: St. Patrick's Day
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2015 at 11:20 AM
Last Edited March 6th 2015 at 12:48 PM
Erika/Alyniana

It’s St. Patrick’s Day in the Commons! Help get the party going by whacking up the missing Leprechauns!

Check out the blog for all the details!

--------------

Post your comments and questions here!
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 6th 2015 at 12:20 PM
Last Edited March 6th 2015 at 12:44 PM
Erika/Alyniana

FAQ

How do I start the event?
Either you will have the Leprechaun tracker in your bar, or you can talk to lady standing beside the Ribbon board in the event area. Then you just start whacking bushes.

What are the different leprechauns?
You can whack up two types of leprechauns: hatted and non-hatted.

There are 8 hatted ones to find, 3 will man turn-in stations, and 5 will give you daily quests. You must manually whack these ones to capture them.

The non-hatted ones will drop items for you to turn into the turn-in stations. You can quick whack and mana whack non-hatted leprechauns when they appear if you wish. New to this year's event, the non-hatted leprechauns will *always* drop some turn-in items, rather than just having a chance to.

How can I find the leprechauns?
Just keep whacking. You could whack them all up in a day if you wanted to. The odds to whack up hatted leprechauns will increase as the event goes on.

What adds to my event progress?
Turning in items to the Gold, Beer and Clover stations, and doing quests for folks in the event area.

Do I have to do the achievements?
No. Completing the goals for the achievements is totally optional. You get either a large energy pack or a title for your character from them, no event progress.

Where can I see all the achievements available and how to get them?
Either on the holiday dialog, the achievements dialog, or on the blog.

Why should I ask for friends to help boost turn-ins?
It increases the amount of progress you get from doing a turn-in.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2015 at 11:25 AM
Kate (aquafishy)
So does the weiner dog help with drops? Or would it be a quest item pet?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2015 at 1:10 PM
Raymond
can't find the year old post, but these leprechauns are spawned items, like dooty, stolen milk,...
even though they give event things/coin, they are not event items (I think), and they are not quest items. the weiner dog like pets or gryphon, ghost horse, girraffe have no effect on spawned things. Justin said so.

but there is a slight difference here, these leprechauns seem to get spawned with a random amount of bushes whacked/energy used so perhaps?
34 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2015 at 12:12 AM
Last Edited March 8th 2015 at 12:17 AM
Julia Johnston
The link that includes the math and other helpful information (imo best found on pages 1 and 5) is at http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=7083&page=1
Lvl 407 "Professional Monster Hunter"
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2015 at 4:07 AM
Corpsegoddess
Just FYI--The Shillelagh quest isn't updating in the event window. I've done all the quest, received the club, but there's no checkmark next to the info and I didn't receive an energy pack.

I cleared my cache and restarted, and still no go.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2015 at 11:50 AM
Bluji
Pine trees keep appearing for the "A Steady Flame" quest even after you obtain 20 Fresh Pine Wood. Probably not intentional.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2015 at 1:35 PM
Raymond
but if you finish the stones first you still get stones,
258 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2015 at 8:08 PM
Cindy Hefferman
same as Corpsegoddess
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2015 at 8:51 PM
Raymond
i've been told that getting through just 'that' shillelagh quest chain and getting that sword IS NOT all there is to that achievement.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2015 at 8:46 AM
Bluji
I've got a question related to previous events' achievements and I'm hoping someone could answer it.

"Seeing Double" (talk to each leprechaun in the Commons while dressed like them) is not listed in the blog as an old achievement you can earn by spending Bush Bucks, but based on the dialogue the leprechauns are giving me if I complete the condition mentioned, I'd assume it is earnable.

So, my question: is the "Seeing Double" achievement earnable and just missing from the blog post?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2015 at 9:24 AM
Raymond
not sure.
they might have just missed it.
or, do we even talk to leprechauns this year? so it might not be doable because of that.
in any case, the prior year achievements that are doable are technically only for bragging rights, only an achievement, no title or energy pack awarded.
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2015 at 10:34 AM
Marci Wilson
Regarding the trees and stones continuing to appear during the Steady Flame portion of the quest, once you collect enough of the fire wood or stones, when a new one appears, do not click on it. You will finally get enough of the other item that you need to spawn. They should stop appearing once you do your turn in and move on to the next portion of the quest.
114 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2015 at 10:44 AM
Last Edited March 9th 2015 at 10:45 AM
Bluji
I scrolled down the achievement page and I think it's counting for the achievement, they just missed it in the blog post.

Also, bragging rights are the best gaming-related rights.
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2015 at 11:16 AM
Erika/Alyniana
If you have already completed the Shillelagh quest, talk to Seamus to get the achievement.

Yes, you can still get the "Seeing Double" if you buy the items needed to talk to the Leprechauns for Bush Bucks.
258 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2015 at 4:17 PM
Cindy Hefferman
Thanks Erika...I tried before talking to him but made no difference..tried just now and it worked :)
3620 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2015 at 4:19 PM
Erika/Alyniana
@ Cindy, because we just put in the fix when I made my post earlier. It had been broken all weekend. Sorry about that.
Lvl 305 "Summer Saver"
36 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 15th 2015 at 12:12 PM
Eric Kuritzky
Last year, Justin said (in chat), "The only thing that affected the Lep drops were +Quest Item trinkets, which is ironic because those don't normally work on event drops." Is this true for this year, too?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 15th 2015 at 1:15 PM
Raymond
last year?
I don;t see it in http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=8829
did I not see some ther thread some 16 pages back into the forums?
Did 'event' pets exist at this point, if they didn't then quest pets/trinkets might 'cover' event things. but not after those were invented.

not the year before with some interesting info http://forum.codenameentertainment.com/?thread_id=7083
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 16th 2015 at 10:16 AM
LadyWizard
Raymond the event pets have been around year and half now... first weiner dog was dog days 2013 aka late august 2013 and I believe Justin said that claim about quest items in chat not the forums