Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
Thanksgiving 2014 Turkeys

8 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 12:48 PM
Vanessa K. Ede
I've gathered 200 turkeys but when I go to Haven to take to Pilgrim there is no ! over his name and he says nothing about the turkeys I've gathered. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 2:21 PM
Raymond
not sure but the turnin might happen at the end of the event. will go check my notes of last year, this year I'm not playing much in bw1.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 24th 2014 at 3:23 PM
Raymond
no notes anywhere cause they actually would have been from 2009 and 2010.
but try the maps 'active quest' feature. turn that on, hover your mouse over the listed name of this quest and if there is a place to go it will highlight there for you to see.

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 25th 2014 at 1:04 PM
Christina-Marie GonzoMama Wright
Vanessa, I'm having the same problem. :( He just tells me to go gather a bunch of turkeys. Before I had all 200, there was a turn-in option, but now that I've gathered them all, it's gone.

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 25th 2014 at 1:40 PM
Last Edited November 25th 2014 at 1:40 PM
Raymond
hate to put it this way but: you fail.
I just logged into the game since I answered yesterday and the FIRST thing I check is that Pilgrim and HE says he doesn't need them till November 29.
Almost exactly as my first answer above.

quote "I don't need those turkeys till November 29th at noon PST! Just keep collecting them until then"

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 30th 2014 at 12:35 PM
Raymond
and it appears that even that is wrong. the opening blurb says December 2 at noon. that mioght be correct, but who's to know.

59 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 9:52 AM
Michael Inaba
Did anyone make it to 200? I'm at 100 turkeys... play two or three times per day, no idea how anyone could have gotten all 200, unless I'm doing something wrong.

6 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 10:01 AM
Christina-Marie GonzoMama Wright
Raymond, I think the confusion began when he said he didn't NEED them until (date), but prior to collecting 100% of the turkeys, he would TAKE all your turkeys. It seems to me it was just funky wording that was easily cleared up by a note to the Devs... Yes, we will turn them in after the event.

However, being condescending is never the answer, in my opinion, especially when you have to come back and admit that it's confusing to even you. :)

Michael, I made sure I was whacking the highest level bushes I could... It seems that the turkeys drop each time a specific number of XP points are accumulated, so whacking higher level bushes and critters produces more XP per whack. Hope that helps!

5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted December 1st 2014 at 1:27 PM
Raymond
it did not occur to me that the npc pilgrim might not have any dialog at all once all 200 turkeys were obtained.
as for the way i answered, well that's just me.
but you are right, in this case, and in many events done by DJArts/CNE they have many places in the code where there are dates and they almost always forget to change all of those to make things current. Me, as a programmer, would have done things completely differently as I learned almost on my first day of programming in the late 1970's. never duplicate code. especially when that changes.