Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Multiplayer Bug Reports

886 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2014 at 2:40 PM
Last Edited October 22nd 2014 at 2:41 PM
David Whittaker (CNE Dev)
Hi Everyone,

We have been hard at work hammering out the kinks in the multiplayer system. At this point everything seems to be working fairly consistently *fingers crossed*...

Please gather up your in game friends and give the multiplayer a good testing.

Please post any issues you encounter in this thread.

Thanks!

(List of known issues will be forthcoming)

593 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2014 at 2:44 PM
Kittychix (Chloe)
[Reserving 2nd post for change log ;)]

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2014 at 3:32 PM
Stephanie Reefer
Three of us entered one appeared to be stuck in the hall where you first enter and when the second player and myself engaged the goblins I noticed a Giant BW2 Bee that got in line and attacked as if it was the other player this happened in the very first area after the battle ended the Bee remained on screen

39 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 22nd 2014 at 6:15 PM
Ariel Wilson
Multiplier Dungeon completion is not tracking in Daily Tasks.

29 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2014 at 1:27 PM
Athena/Wolfsbane/Arcane Vengeance
I just had my first major issue in the dungeon. Depending on who joined, there had been a bit of lag a few times, but nothing serious. This time at the half way mark, it broke. We had someone who couldn't move & so he/she reloaded. If flash crashed or others reloaded before, there was no issue. When that person came back, the two of us still in the dungeon couldn't join the fight. Only the person who had reloaded. I was also unable to move past an invisible line south of the final chest. I couldn't go to the chest room nor open the door.

I then reloaded and was able to join in that fight (at the criminals in the final large room). When the next fight was triggered, the same thing happened. We couldn't join the fight. It just froze essentially. I reloaded but this time it didn't fix it.

Again this is the first time, since I started doing them last night, that anything but minor lag happened. BTW, the minor lag only seemed to happen with certain players and not others, possibly an internet connection issue?

29 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 23rd 2014 at 2:08 PM
Last Edited October 23rd 2014 at 2:10 PM
While doing another dungeon, an error msg popped up saying report your error. Right after that a msg saying getting quests popped up covering the other one, so I don't know what the error number is. It was at the first set of humans in armor (dungeon).

I was able to get back into the dungeon instance with no issues.

73 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2014 at 12:59 PM
Glenna Howell
rawr. the Crystal Shard one, if you don't get everybody, and i mean everybody, in the two sandworms fight, we all get frozen and then we can't do anything except refresh.

73 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2014 at 2:06 PM
Glenna Howell
oh noes, I got error code 438!

73 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2014 at 2:48 PM
Glenna Howell
We're really really having fun with this new MP. We can't get past gates, the magic circles perform beyond all expectation... cut scenes take us out of focus, preventing team play. It's an evil, evil Alpha.

73 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2014 at 2:50 PM
Glenna Howell
oh, and I forgot a few things: you can't play solo even if you're lvls above the NPCs, because they wipe the floor with you. and if you're prone to smashing stuff, the shake affects the movements of other players. they sometimes even get permanently stuck.

29 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2014 at 9:23 PM
Ok so even though i can't create a dungeon at lvl 11, I was able to join one (desert). There were 4 of us. None of the fight screens loaded for me. The circle was there, I stepped into with the group (which was required) but i never fought. The doors would open & i could smash boxes & things but never fight. I also then did not get the loot bag after each fight. At the too groups of spiders, we went to the circle & then I saw the screen shake (again no fight bar). Then the rest of the group disappeared on me. The spiders stayed but no other players. I then reloaded. After reloading it took me to my town. I asked in chat if the dungeon was done, but it wasn't & it had kicked me out.

11 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 24th 2014 at 11:32 PM
Stephanie Reefer
There seem to be a lot of player related glitches such as on load in use the chat to communicate but don't tell the avatar to move this seems to limit the time it takes others to load in and usually they wouldn't have any glitches at this point. The party also seems to need to move as a group noticed this in both dungeons that if the party separates glitches tend to happen almost immediately and if while separated one party triggers a battle it can boot the other(s) or glitch them into a new area as I discovered today. Also smashing objects seems to be a task that only one player should preform as the party moves with them every so often otherwise it seems to cause major lag and sometimes a total crash. When a player is refreshing it also appears to be best to stay near them and preform as few functions as possible while doing so otherwise they sometimes need to do another refresh, through sometimes this is not possible as again I discovered today.

54 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2014 at 10:46 AM
Last Edited October 25th 2014 at 10:50 AM
Marguerite Johnston
new dungeon I lagged so bad getting in had to refresh we made it to the spider eggs in the door way and after eggs were destroyed I could not get in the door way refreshed again came back was at the beginning alone went through the dungeon again got all the way to the second ladder went up it and it put me in the area that we went down not the end so refreshed again back to town :( no reward just a let down

73 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2014 at 9:34 PM
Glenna Howell
error id 443 (??) maybe? stupid 'getting quests' dialogue pops up and gets in the way as well.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2014 at 9:54 PM
Elharith
Most recent attempt full of glitches. We were doing the desert MP. Took a level 11 player on the mission, her character never loaded. We told her to refresh in mission and world chat, I don't know if she ever did because she didn't show back up in chat. The three remaining players continued on. The interface seems to be more laggy with more players (two goes relatively smoothly). When we got through the dungeon, my shockwave crashed going back to the desert floor. I refreshed. Rather than put me back in at the point where I lost my connection, it put me back at the start of the mission with my companions. I raced through the mission to the point of dungeon and at that point, the dungeon did not fully load; the path part of the mission was black, I could see the return ladder, but could not interact with any of the non-loaded parts, so I abandoned the mission and went back to town. The other two players attempted to continue without me, but they got to a point where their interface froze and they had to abandon the mission.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2014 at 10:32 PM
Elharith
Just a picky note. In the desert, when the sandstorm starts up, the kid who comes says "wisper, wisper" -- that should correctly be spelled, "whisper, whisper"

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2014 at 10:34 PM
Elharith
Also, one other picky note. If you write anything in chat that is very long, the end of the sentences drop off. AND, with the different colored text, some comments are extremely hard to read, particularly for players who have color vision issues. I don't, but I still found some of the comments difficult to read because the contrast is not very high.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 25th 2014 at 10:57 PM
Elharith
After the mission I described above, I noticed a quest for that mission was put on my quest tracker. I went into it, it gave me companions, and I went through it, got to the same point pre-dungeon where I went invisible to fight the hornets, dungeon only half-loaded, managed to get through the dungeon, but when I went back up the ladder, was on the wrong side of the wall to continue (this issue was reported by Marguerite, above, as well).

679 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2014 at 9:13 AM
Last Edited October 26th 2014 at 9:54 AM
jpl77
Remove the click to continue chat dialouge in dungeons. There is no point to follow single player dialogue for multiplayers.

Also, need autopick up of gold.

221 Posts
Link to post - Posted October 26th 2014 at 4:12 PM
Elharith
I ran a forest dungeon mp mission and it is horribly laggy compared to the desert mission.