Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Event: St. Patrick's 2014
593 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 7th 2014 at 10:50 AM
Last Edited March 7th 2014 at 11:31 AM
Kittychix (Chloe)

The Commons Planning Committee has hired Leprechauns to help run the St. Patrick's event, but they haven't shown up yet. Find the special Leprechauns wandering out in the wild and get them to return to the Commons!

New for 2014: Keith, a resident of the Commons, is in pursuit of brewing the perfect beer. Help him out starting March 12th.

Start searching for Leprechaun O'Conner, and trade-in special Leprechaun gold to Leprechaun Tokens and earn event progress!

The St. Patrick's Event will run until March 21, 2014 at Noon PST.

____
Please post comments and questions here!
Lvl 373 "Is Puzzled"
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 3:39 PM
Ruth Wren
On full energy plus Mana I got 5 Leprachauns and only 2 dropped something. Why?
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 5:09 PM
Raymond
the 8 leprechauns with hats that must be manually whacked you have 13 more days to get, they each start off a quest or a station for you, they are rare. some people have already, in the 29'th hour of this event had 3 or 4 of these. if you already have 3 as your numbers imply then you are golden. I'm looking for my 3;rd and have so far used 24,000 energy in this event

the leprechauns without hats that can be quick whacked and mana whacked and drop coin come for me about every 2 quick whacks. so in my full energy I get 2 or 3 dozen. its these that give event tokens that you turn in at the stations. I think you are totally underreporting these. open your inventory and tell us how many leprechaun coin you have (not sure the exact name of these), and tell us how many turn'ins you have done to the two stations you must have if you caught 3 of the guys with hats.
Lvl 373 "Is Puzzled"
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 6:49 PM
Ruth Wren
I have 5 beer and 9 gold and have 3 green leprachauns. The ones without the hats only turn up about every 4 quick whacks and only about half or less drop coins or beer. I have done 1 turn to the beer station and about 10 to the gold station and havent started the third one.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 8:50 PM
Raymond
the thing to remember is that there are more then 12 days left.
according to your numbers you should probably have no problem.

not sure if you fall into the category, but I find it unconscionable tht some people complain, both for the fact that events become too boring and get done too soon, and also for the diametrically opposed possibility that it might, and key word 'might' not get completed. its way too soon, less then 10% into the event to even be concerned.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 8:53 PM
Raymond
personally I applaud the developers for making the drops happen at random amounts of bushes/energy. I applaud the possibility that they are making it possibly hard for seasoned players to complete, wish that were the case that for people to complete it they have to earn that completion.
Lvl 373 "Is Puzzled"
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 9:18 PM
Ruth Wren
I dont usually complain. It just seemed odd that it is about avery 2nd or 3rd that seems to drop something and they dont show up very often compared to other events that have happened so obviously they are making it harder so it takes longer to complete. But thats cool.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 10:14 PM
Last Edited March 8th 2014 at 10:15 PM
Raymond
seems like nothings drops from lep's only happen when you have 2 or more stations. so people, perhaps do not actually whack that 3'rd leprechaun with a hat (the one that instigates station 2 beer to happen) till you finish the first station of all its coins.
and the rate of spawning of leps also seems to slow down once you have 2 stations. I can imagine it slowing down even more with 3 stations and the amount of each of the 3 needed things therefore also being reduced, but by that time you wont need any coin, and not so much beer but that third thing might take a little longer.
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 10:24 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
yay ! I love being o'fishy, the leprechaun !!!!!!!
Lvl 373 "Is Puzzled"
29 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 8th 2014 at 10:30 PM
Ruth Wren
Thank You for that Raymond. Much appreciated. :-)
Lvl 254 "The Puzzler"
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 3:35 AM
Veronica Valkyrien Berentsen
Whacking a leprechaun dressed as a rainbow: Does it have to be one of the leprechauns with hats? I have the rainbow wig, the cape and the sword, and nothing happened when I whacked one of those without a hat. Or is it an item of clothing I have missed?
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 3:23 AM
Dave Stone
You also need the Rainbow Glasses.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 3:26 AM
Jean Davis
@Veronica - the glasses
Lvl 330 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
70 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 8:49 AM
Judith Fournier
I've just encountered an 'unkillable' lep -- no hat, just wouldn't go away. On auto-whack, my BW kept coming back to him. He disappeared finally when I went to the commons and came back.
Lvl 330 "Puzzle Solving Guru"
70 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 8:51 AM
Judith Fournier
The hatless leps are taken out by auto-whack and mana attacks, not needing to be dealt with one-on-one. You can also try using power-multipliers on them. It seemed to work for me.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 12:51 PM
Raymond
yoiu should manually whack the hatless ones even though you don't have to. when you quick whack or mana whack a field, the 6 bushes get taken care of first so that up to say 120 energy gets wasted instead of going towards getting the next hatless one to appear.
and you do not have to go to the commons for these, only the ones with hats , and even then you technically don't have to go to the commons if its a station one, only if its a quest one.
Lvl 254 "The Puzzler"
23 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 12:58 PM
Veronica Valkyrien Berentsen
Thanks, I totally missed the glasses :D
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 4:44 PM
Last Edited March 9th 2014 at 5:04 PM
Marci Wilson
Judith, multipliers do not work on the hatless leps. You either get nothing, three coins, three beers, or three of each from them.

As for the other leps, it seems that they are appearing daily. So far, I have four, the first one collects the coins, the second one does the daily quest for horseshoes, the third one collects beer, the fourth one is asking for green food dye.

EDIT:after making this post, I got the fifth one with the hat, he will be asking for you to turn in clovers. Other leps will drop those, but so far, after 1000 energy, still not a single clover.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 9th 2014 at 5:17 PM
Raymond
some people have all 8 so its not daily, its random
86 Posts
Link to post - Posted March 10th 2014 at 12:56 PM
Buck
I bought the glasses but they never showed up in my inventory even though it took my money and showing that i bought them,how can i open up a ticket in b/w 2 or can you like we did in b/w