Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
New Event: Valentine's Day 2014!
593 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 7th 2014 at 12:00 PM
Kittychix (Chloe)

Bushwhackia is celebrating Valentine's Day in the Commons!

Help the residents of the Commons set up, and deal with any pesky problems that might arise during the event. This event contains multiple one-time quests and activity turn-in stations.

For returning players: Nate's social life is just as messy as last year, you're going to have to your hands full. Again. New for 2014, Lumberjack Jim has decided he wants to ask Sasha out. Almost. He thinks. Help him drum up the courage to ask her out.

Get started today: you can find the first activity turn-in station already available so start trading candy hearts for chocolates, and earn your first Heart Tokens of 2014!

The Valentine's Day even will run from February 7th, 2014 through to February 21, 2014 - Noon PST.

Please let us know what you think of the event here!
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 9:45 AM
jpl77
http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Valentine%27s_Event_2014
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 10:37 AM
Ruth Orozco
I talked with Jim a couple times and he makes no mention of Sasha...he does in BW1, but not BW2. Will he later in the event? Do we have to keep checking with him or is this a misprint? Thanks!
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 10:51 AM
Raymond
I think Sasha is between the farm stand and the town hall.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 11:30 AM
Ruth Orozco
I'll go talk to her, but it says to "help him drum up the courage..." Hmm...BRB
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 11:31 AM
Ruth Orozco
okay, she says he's a sweetie and he's still all business...oh well, Chloe will sign on soon (or Monday). If you figure it out, let us know!
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 11:38 AM
Last Edited February 8th 2014 at 11:41 AM
Marci Wilson
Ruth, if this event is the same as last year, Jim's quest as well as Nate's quest will open up in days to come. At this point Jim is only thinking about his mill. Nate is probably still sleeping off all the cake that he had to eat by himself on his birthday, so I imagine it will be a few days before he makes his way back down to the commons.
593 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 1:20 PM
Kittychix (Chloe)
Marci has it correctly, Jim will continue to work up the courage over the next few days, and then ask you for help when he's ready!
Lvl 427 "Stash Finder"
172 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 5:16 PM
Cyndi Buis Jacobs
How is one of my friends 663% complete with this event?
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 8th 2014 at 5:51 PM
Ruth Orozco
Sounds good...thanks Marci and Chloe!
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 6:14 AM
DestKitteh
IMPORTANT: Chloe, I don't think the timer has been set for my quests. I'm able to do Jim's tuxedo, and 2 more quests for Nate.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 7:21 AM
Raymond
the timer is only for repeatable quests.
there are many non-repeatable event quests, they just go on and on and after those you will have to choose a mate and then get ice cream and who knows what after that (I ran out of energy at that point)
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 11:00 AM
Marci Wilson
Cyndi, it's quite simple. The percentage of event completion only pertains to the points accrued during the event, it really has nothing to do with completion of quests. Yes, the term is somewhat misleading.

This is how it can be accomplished.
1) They have the max number of neighbors allowed (250) and held off on using friend
helps until the event began.
2) The max number of large energy packs that one can store is 25. If your friend
hoarded them until the beginning of the event, and each one holds 25% of base
energy, that would equal 6.25X the amount of their base energy.
3) If they have amassed DJ Arts tokens and suddenly returned them they could have
almost unlimited energy. 40 DJ Arts tokens = 1 Base Energy refill.
4) Amicus tokens can be turned for energy.
5) The max number of small energy packs gifted from friends that can be used is 25
per day. Each energy pack is equivalent to 10% of base energy which equals 2.5X
base energy amount.
6) Depending on how they farm their ranch, a consistent amount of energy can be
acquired every few hours.
7) Bush Bucks. 4 Bush Bucks are earned every 7 days (for those on FB platform)
A base energy refill can be done by exchanging 11 Bush Bucks. If they have been
hoarding them, there is no way to tell how many energy refills they could have.

If you combine any one of these factors, it is easy to see just how someone can have a high percentage of event completion in just a couple of days.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 11:12 AM
Last Edited February 9th 2014 at 11:15 AM
Raymond
20 cantaloupes will get you about 1000 energy (if no helps) each and every 6 hours. And of course if they have super blueberries they can get that much in under an hour, but perhaps only a couple times till they run out, I never seem to have more then 40 of those.
you can buy for gold and gems around 1000 energy every day too from the energy bar where you cash in large and small packs, and of course you can buy energy for real money there too.

using the right trinkets, pet, and runes you can almost have unlimited mana I'm told but don't believe it as even +100% on mana would only raise the odds of mana from say a base of 6% to 12%, far cry from perpetual play.

But Marci, every quest, and there have already been lots in this event, gives you something like 25 event points, so those do add up too in addition yo the candy heart turn-ins.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 3:26 PM
DestKitteh
Aah. Thank you, Raymond. It had me worried.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 6:16 PM
Raymond
BUG. people tell me that there is a smallish girl in front of the bulletin board.
Nope.
I got all the cards, the 30 kindergarten cards (yes) and it tells me to turn them in to Suzie.
nobody there.
talked to everyone in the commons, event area and not event area, including inside all the buildings we have. nobody wil take these cards.
593 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 6:20 PM
Kittychix (Chloe)
If you are missing the little girl looking for her cards, just leave the Commons and return, and she will show up!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 9th 2014 at 6:56 PM
Raymond
did that, done that several times, reloaded a couple times too, and did a flash cache reset.
still no Suzie, ANYWHERE.
Lvl 270 "Receiver of Quest Rewards!"
4 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 12th 2014 at 5:55 AM
Last Edited February 12th 2014 at 5:58 AM
Trine S Austbø
I am missing Suzie as well :o

Edit: Weird, she showed up now! Looks like it helps to complain! ;)
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted February 14th 2014 at 5:51 AM
Marci Wilson
I'm kinda bummed that Jim and Sasha got all dressed up and did all their dancing before the party actually started. They looked so funny dancing with no floor or music. I realize that Jim is a little awkward, and perhaps rusty, so no doubt he was practicing....

What do you say sometime in the future we are able to marry the two of them? I mean, Sasha only spent the whole past year crushing on Jim... thoughts on this???