Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Thanksgiving Event 2013!
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2013 at 10:50 AM
Ken Layden
Feast your eyes upon our wonderful Thanksgiving Event! Find food out in the wild and bring it to the Commons to be whipped up into a magnificent Thanksgiving Feast! Some folks need your help to create their own special dishes, one is investigating the history of Bushwhackia, and a final brave soul even wants you to help him preserve the turkey population. Cook long enough, and you'll even produce amazing pristine dishes that will go on display on a special table. This event will run until December 3rd at noon PST! Good luck!

---
If you have any questions or comments about the event please post them here.
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2013 at 2:20 PM
Ben Strijker
Is that pale look really the look for the stove? in a land filled with bright colours and magical things the stove is a black and white "item" with chrome toppings?
Lvl 370 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2013 at 3:58 PM
Carlene Paquette
I hope we only have to save the 100 turkeys once. So far I have 78 marshmallows and 8 turkeys. This could take a while.
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2013 at 4:15 PM
Joe Gosselin
@Ben, if you have played this event last year you can look at it. The stove is more grey/charcoal like the dark grey powder from disenchanting runes.

@Carlene, 8/100 Turkey and the event just started 4 hours ago... you should'nt worry there's plenty of time.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2013 at 4:51 PM
Raymond
there was one event somewhere perhaps here or in BW1 where people were complaining perhaps 10 days into the event. The Devs did then change the drop rate of something.
this event is not ven a half day old yet. Wait till you use a full energy bar, and 25 energy packs and a couple plantings harvestings before rushing to complain.
but to answer your question, the Turkeys is like EVERY BW1 event where you have to collect 100, or 200 or 250 of something, that's a one time thing and is designed to take perhaps 50-75% of the time of the event for people who play once per day.
Lvl 370 "Vanquisher of Evil!"
202 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 19th 2013 at 6:03 PM
Carlene Paquette
As long as I only have to collect the turkeys once I see that it is possible. Thanks!
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 20th 2013 at 6:58 PM
LadyWizard
sadly you only get the pet once... if you got it last year you don't get a fresh turkey this year but seems if you didn't last year you get a turkey this year
39 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2013 at 8:45 AM
Lesley Sirianni
Not even going to do this event AGAIN..........Boring.........
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2013 at 9:39 AM
Marci Wilson
I'm hoping this year, I actually manage to complete the event. I was sooooooo close last year, but being a newbie at that time, I didn't have nearly enough helpers to assist with making any pristine dishes. I'm going to fill that dang special table this year, if it kills me!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2013 at 11:15 AM
Raymond
have you had any issues at all with any event after that event last year? most people have issues completing their first event but from then of every other event is a piece of cake. you must have 15 events experience to go on by now.
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 21st 2013 at 12:37 PM
Marci Wilson
Yeah, I was about 8 presents shy of helping out the elves during last year's Christmas event.
1 Post
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2013 at 2:04 AM
Last Edited November 22nd 2013 at 6:03 AM
Konrad Bornhauser
Is anyone else haveing trouble with the investigating the pilgrims? Im not getting more quests. I gave him the journals and all he says is he is still reading them. My brother has done 3 or 4 quests for him already.
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2013 at 7:29 AM
Marci Wilson
Try clearing your browser cache. He will send you out looking for maps, then pilgrim hats too. I don't know if he has any other quests after that.
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2013 at 8:17 AM
LadyWizard
I think the devs retroactively implemented a cap on the quest compeltion Konrad... got the bonnets and then he said come back later
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 22nd 2013 at 9:38 AM
Raymond
there re other quests after that, it's just that they are timed like every other quest.

I think the Devs having several non-timed quests was a good thing, a gift.

way to go, complain about that. I bet they are not ever going to gift anything to us anymore. thanks
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 23rd 2013 at 1:56 PM
Jo Helmers
so when do we get another quest from the guy we collect the journals and stuff from? think the last one was hat's.
Lvl 370 "Loves The Developers"
554 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 25th 2013 at 10:31 AM
Jean Davis
Same here Jo...I've done 3 - journals, maps and hats, but nothing since last week.

Also the event says I need to do 1 more meal quest for someone...have 5/6 right now.
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 25th 2013 at 3:14 PM
Marci Wilson
A quest unlocked today for decorative squash. There are still 7+ days for this event. Relax and enjoy :)
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 26th 2013 at 12:25 AM
Jo Helmers
yes, but still 3 more things to do for the detective, unless they are quests that are able to be done one after another, some people may run out of time. Not everyone plays daily.
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted November 26th 2013 at 12:50 PM
Jo Helmers
it's 4 days since i asked about the detective and finishing his quests, still no answer how much longer till he is ready? not all players are high level and have energy to spare to get these done if they don't happen soon.