Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
The Hardest Achievement to Get in the Game
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 22nd 2013 at 5:32 PM
Last Edited September 22nd 2013 at 5:40 PM
jpl77
So I had a conversation tonight and here is my opinion:

Master Combiner, "Successfully combine two runes 5000 times using Alchemy", is the hardest, the most difficult, and certainly the achievement that will take the longest to get in the entire game.

That's 10,000 runes to use (minimum 10,000 powders if disenchant/craft 10,000 small runes).

Let's go with a middle of the road scenario, I do not drop nearly this many runes, but for easy math let's say we get 5 runes a day.
10,000 / 5 = 2,000 days = 5.5 years!!!!! OMG

Financially speaking, that is a trip to the moon and back at a cost of 5000 combines x 1120 gold per 2 small rune combine = 5.6 million gold.

Who ever earns this is the King of Game. Sadly, you would only get an achievement badge which would get lost in the news-feed and nobody would even know how long or hard you worked to get it.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 22nd 2013 at 5:46 PM
jpl77
As a side bar conversation to my discussion on what everyone's opinion on their hardest achievement to get.....

And hopefully the Devs will/can speak to it: Does Alchemy and Runecrafting contribute to our profile in any other way than the obvious bonus to our stats?

Specifically I am focusing my question to say, does disenchanting, crafting and combining increase our XP and our score?
Lvl 370 "Revolutionary"
40 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 22nd 2013 at 5:53 PM
TommyRipz
Yea that is ALOT of time, effort, gold, blood, sweat and tears to pour into the game for an achievement. I also agree that It will fade into obscurity amongst all the other posts, which is a shame because that is a MONSTER achievement. Am going for the 100k fishing casts achievement which is mentally hard because it is such a mind numbing achievement to go for. Personally I have ceased using runes after disenchating about 50 of them and have decided to save them up along with gold to make a super +50% rune which I know is going to be both expensive and long term!
Lvl 330 "Pseudo Achiever"
438 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2013 at 7:03 AM
Marci Wilson
Yeah, so far the Alchemy thing is just 'meh'. If you are not a paying player it is quite difficult to go very far with it. You can only do one alchemy quest every 20 hours, you only earn one token per quest. At times, the drop frequency is so low that it is not even possible to find all the quest items before running out of energy. For a player like me, who only plays once a day.. it just isn't worth it.

I cannot say that I will be making much use of the alchemy feature. Sure, I will complete the alchemy daily quests, just to keep my quest achievement, but that is just about all the time I will waste on it.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2013 at 10:27 AM
Ken Layden
@Jason- I can say that Alchemy and Rune crafting do not contribute to your profile other than the obvious bonus to stats.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2013 at 10:30 AM
Ken Layden
The Master Combiner is difficult but there wouldn't be much incentive to keep going if every achievement and quest were super easy. There needs to be a balance but I agree for the player who finally earns that accolade it will truly be an achievement.
Lvl 400 "Public Servant"
793 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2013 at 3:29 PM
Justin Stocks (CNE Dev)
One thing to keep in mind is that you can "grind" the achievement a bit by taking your powders, making two small runes, combining them, and then disenchanting the resulting rune. If you get lucky you might get a rare powder out of it, otherwise you'll get 1 or 2 powders back that you can repeat the cycle with.
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2013 at 7:00 PM
jpl77
Already been grinding, but my strategy has been to create Large runes and combine them for ALRs (Augmented Large Runes) to disenchant for rare powders.

I save my favorite colours to make AGRs (Augmented Grandest Runes).

I would have to change your wording slightly for the grinders though, and switch it to "unlucky". In grinding you want to keep your disenchants at 100% to keep up your powder reserves, so using Runes with quality 2 and above hurts you in this department.

The more I do, the more I understand and the better I get at this game. However it is now too much to do all of it. I will need over 10 million gold to get my last few house expansions/farm plots and to Master this Achievement.

Can I panhandle in The Commons? Maybe we can have a buskers festival to raise cash for gold.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Cash_for_Gold_South_Park.jpg

;)
305 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 23rd 2013 at 7:27 PM
Kate (aquafishy)
"I would have to change your wording slightly for the grinders though, and switch it to "unlucky". In grinding you want to keep your disenchants at 100% to keep up your powder reserves, so using Runes with quality 2 and above hurts you in this department."

Agreed, I don't currently find the incentive to disenchant +2 runes worth the results. The amount of gold required to familiarize yourself with runecrafting is high - I suspect many players will abandon using runes early due to it. I would like to see the cost of combining lowered !
91 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 28th 2013 at 8:54 PM
sunnydee
you are all speaking another language to me, I guess I better read up on what the Alchemy is all about, I have been doing the daily quests but I am not that interested in the Runes at all, I haven't noticed a change in my winnings with the Runesocketing sword, if I can't see results my interest tends to wane