Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Event: Dog Days of Summer!
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 11:28 AM
Last Edited August 29th 2013 at 11:29 AM
Ken Layden
The days are getting cooler, and the citizens of the Commons are looking for one last hurrah before autumn begins. Help them dig a pool and have a party before it's too late.
Nate Dragon is also in town for this event. He's found himself owning a plethora of Wiener Dog puppies, and he needs you to help take care of them for a little while. The Wiener Dog is a temporary pet that will help you out during the event, and then disappear afterwards (unless you permanently adopt one). Have fun!

---
If you have any questions or comments about the event please post them here.
102 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 12:47 PM
Nick Smith
I have dozens and dozens of pets. being forced to switch over to another pet for nates daily quest is rather annoying.
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 12:49 PM
LadyWizard
Nick the new pet also does something no pet has done before... event item booster
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 1:44 PM
Ben Strijker
Yhea so now during the event we can whip out or weiner.

wait that sounded wrong.
336 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 2:43 PM
Jo Helmers
Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ben
392 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 3:55 PM
Joe Gosselin
If we buy the Pet at the end of the event, will he keep is 'Event Item' attribute and be usefull on other Events or only this one?
58 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 4:20 PM
Bonnie Bonnie
What if you would give an in-game price for the dog, like for example 100.000 gold or something so that more people would be able to afford him? That would be great!
677 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 29th 2013 at 6:13 PM
jpl77
I agree with Nick, I shouldn't be forced to use a pet that I don't want to use, especially if I have to give it up later. Why do I feel this way? Because I paid for my other pets and now I can't use them to finish this event. No other event or quest in this game forces you to use a specific trinket or CI that affects game play and rewards to this extent. Ok, so you use the Ghostly Amulet once, but leveling a brand new pet up to level 10 takes a long time, and if lose my current pet that gives me -30% less nothings over that length of time I have to level Anthony Wiener up, I'm not getting the drops my trinket setup is designed to produce.

My second point... how come a turn in all feature is not included in this event? That feature was one of most asked for functions in all of the events and the devs were lauded for releasing it, only to have it disabled for the last 2 events.

I don't want to sound like a complainer, but it just seems like when a very small portion of the BW2 community gets upset over a minor brain teaser (yes I'm talking about the slider puzzles) they are immediately removed, but when a large and very vocal, positive group of the BW2 community asks for a feature it appears to fall on deaf ears....

To Sum Up... thanks for releasing another new event for us :)
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2013 at 2:01 AM
Ben Strijker
+1 for Jason.

Even though I find it nice to have a pet that helps increase the event items drop; but then again I will only raise it to 10 and get the 6? quest for it and it will let Nate take it back to the online shop.

For that part it goes to the +1 to Bonnie; make it an cash amount so if ever an event comes that is difficult to complete. Then I can whip out my ... use my dog to sniff out the items.
102 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2013 at 6:44 AM
Last Edited August 30th 2013 at 6:50 AM
Nick Smith
the idea that it gets taken away at the end of the event bothers me even more. I had no idea till I logged in this morning and saw the new ad. I figured it would be some event reward not a forced test drive.

@Rosemarie Kind
I don't care if it doubles the event item drops. its not like they are rare to begin with. would rather have my less nothing pet on working with my energy and mana trinkets. more whacks=more event turns as well along with gold, gems, runes, and lovely XP.
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2013 at 9:46 AM
Ken Layden
Thank you for all of the feedback. We appreciate hearing what you all have to say about the event.

@Joe -Yes the wiener dog will retain his bonus for future events making his ability quite good.

@Jason - I will relay your request for the "turn in all" feature to be added to future events. That feature is highly requested and I will ensure the other developers see this feedback. As for not using your preferred pet, I can see the points you made, however, what is good about the wiener dog is that its ability does inherently help with progressing through the event. That being said I understand your frustration and have noted that's how you feel about it. As a final note Anthony Wiener is the best name I have heard for the puppy so far.

@Bonnie Bonnie - Having alternative pricing for the wiener dog is something that may be reviewed but I cannot guarantee that it would change.
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2013 at 9:26 PM
LadyWizard
Nah Naming the dog Anthony Weiner is an insult to the dog... they're at least loyal
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 30th 2013 at 10:15 PM
Last Edited August 30th 2013 at 10:17 PM
Raymond
I want all the Pet xp I earn on the Dog, that I will not own, to be given to me as a token worth x levels and y bits towards whatever next level it was heading towards. And that token can be one time used on an actual pet of my choice that I do own after the event is done. But not savable and not usable on another similar event pet in the future,
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2013 at 1:00 AM
Ben Strijker
Here is an idea for the pet, for those who can train it up to level 15/20. Those can keep the pet.
I mean Nate does not have a hart of a rock and can see the bond you have build up with your pet is something special.
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2013 at 5:47 AM
DestKitteh
Just a word of warning, one of the achievements is "Safety to the max" - It doesn't start until you have at least 1 friend helping per station.
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2013 at 6:31 AM
Raymond
really, so people with few friends will not even get that for just about a week because a friend can't help again for 2 days?
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2013 at 7:06 AM
Raymond
You can't rotate the pool ladder. It looks awful silly on the side. Plus you can place it anywhere in the pool, also very silly looking.
Now as for other stuff being put in the pool. I want to put all my Pets in there, well all the ones that can't fly.
Lvl 220 "Brewmaster"
162 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2013 at 7:27 AM
Bob Woods
We need to keep the pool in the commons & be able to swim in it or wade through it.
135 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 31st 2013 at 6:45 PM
LadyWizard
Destiny I didn't have a single friend helping at the last station and I most definatly had the countdown on how many to go
Lvl 440 "Crazy Cat Lover"
670 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 1st 2013 at 6:33 AM
DestKitteh
@Rosemarie, I just saw that. Thank you for the correction none the less. I think it threw me off that after 5 turn ins, the count down finally started.