Email: Password:
Codename Entertainment
 | Page 1 2
Runes 101
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 19th 2013 at 7:28 PM
Ruth Orozco
Okay, so runes can rarely be found in bushes, but if you don't want to wait, you can collect those warm stones...what about if you now regret getting involved in the never-ending search for stones? Is there some way to just forget about the whole rune thing and have that accusing "empty" alert thing go away?? We don't need yet another thing cluttering up the screen...help!!
Lvl 80 "Hero to the Downtrodden!"
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 20th 2013 at 8:57 AM
Ken Layden
They are part of the game now so while I can't help anyone forget about them I can record your suggestion to be able to turn off or hide the timer.
Lvl 440 "Other Peoples Problem Solver!"
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2013 at 9:26 PM
Raymond
we do need some kind of way to organize/sort our massive collection of hundreds of runes. perhaps 'categories' like in the ranch store for each of the 5 kinds, and then the ability to sort by value% or expiration time.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 26th 2013 at 10:11 PM
Ruth Orozco
"massive collection of hundreds of runes"...??? methinks thou hast partaken of too much ale...
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2013 at 12:55 AM
Ben Strijker
56 runes are already in my collection, and when I only had 10 he already got them as common as nothing. So yes he probably has hundreds of them.

But yes a sortation on type would be welcome.
Lvl 260 "Expert Bush Whacker"
307 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2013 at 5:40 AM
Dave Stone
Raymond's right. I spent a few minute's dumping the lower % Runes in the same sword slot, Just get rid of the clutter.
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2013 at 9:32 AM
Ken Layden
I would stop "dumping" runes. Having a collection will probably be useful in the future. ;)
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2013 at 9:33 AM
Ken Layden
I do appreciate the feedback that players would like a better way to organize their runes.
Lvl 371 "Finder-outer"
579 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2013 at 11:13 AM
Ruth Orozco
56 runes??!! I have found maybe 4 or 5 since the whole thing started and have had to scrounge for rocks for the rest. Of course, I was taking my time back then, so I wouldn't end up in the flux for weeks on end, and didn't build the rune-making place (whatever it's called) when you guys did...maybe they used to drop more often? Looks like I missed out...
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2013 at 11:25 AM
Raymond
the scavenged ones from rocks you can do every day. I also get at least 10 or 20 others a day. My total number currently is over 100, I have used perhaps another hundred. I only ever 'destroyed' one just to see what that does.

I kind of thought everyone by now gets tons. And was laughing thinking about that one person once asking for a better runes trinket.
Lvl 280 "Omnom Nom Nom!"
324 Posts
Link to post - Posted August 27th 2013 at 2:25 PM
Ben Strijker
The runes I have are a combination of found and scavenged.
I get 1 from scavenging and 0 - 3 finds each day.

So no Raymond not everyone is getting the huge amounts you are getting and I can understand why they want a trinket for rune collecting.
Lvl 164 "Sleuth"
33 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2013 at 4:29 PM
Elizabeth Mack
I'm certainly not buying slots for swords that last for only 2 days unless I'm simply gullible or I'm up all night for 2 days, trying to get the best out of what I bought but, then finding out after buying the 2nd-3rd slots from the first sword THAT I GOT TO BUY THEM AGAIN!! What a waste, keep you swords I don't need or what them. This game is suppose to be fun like the last one, not juice money out of you or me!
5565 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 4th 2013 at 8:14 PM
Last Edited September 4th 2013 at 8:17 PM
Raymond
You are mistaken, the rune slots that you buy are yours forever, like buying the extra trinket slots. You do not have to buy them ever again.
But unlike trinkets, runes have a short half life, whether you use them in the one free slot or the two other slots you buy, they only last a couple days up to perhaps 4 days.

I really hate that the gem runes are so rare, of my couple hundred runes I have all 4 of the other kinds, but constantly run out of the gem ones. Right now I have 0 gem.

And re-read this thread. If you equip sword A with 3 runes, then change swords you will have those 3 rune sockets free for other runes, but the 3 runes on sword A are still on sword A and are still counting down. i.e. once a rune is in use you can't stop it from running out in a few days.
426 Posts
Link to post - Posted September 5th 2013 at 10:34 AM
Ken Layden
@Elizabeth - The sockets for your swords once purchased are permanent for all of your current and future swords.